markchengy
msoshima54

The Big Bang is not true

markchengy

Pro

The Big Bang does not make sense. How does a "super dense" particle expolde and create an infinite universe? There has to be a beginning to everything. That particle could not have existed there for all time. And for the sake of this debate, DO NOT bring religion into this arugment. I am just arguing the validity of the Big Bang theory.
msoshima54

Con

There is no way of proving whether the Big Bang is true or not. The reason I am against you is because your statment that the "Big Bang is not true" is simply false. How can you prove that it never occurred? Of course we cant prove if the theory is true right now, but you are wrong in saying it isn't true. There are pieces of evidence that indicate toward the occurrence of the big bang, unfortunately it occurred so long ago that it is hard for scientists to find hard evidence.

Also, why are you saying religion cant be part of the debate? are you religious and just want to impede human progress? The big bang is an attempt to find out how everything around us came to existence. It is far more believable that some invisible creature that looks like man created everything at a whim.
markchengy

Pro

Actually, it can be proven wrong, not that I personally can do it, but it can be proven wrong. The Big Bang is a scientific theory, meaning that it can be proven wrong. In order for a hypothesis to become a "theory," it has to be an educated guess that can be proven right or wrong.

As for religion, I don't want to be bring it in because we are not debating religion, and my religion stance should not matter to you. I don't care about your religion, and you shouldn't care about mine. And this "invinsible man in the sky" is only your intereptation of Christianity. You don't know about my religion, unless you have read my book, therefore you can not insult my belief or my "invinsible man in the sky."
msoshima54

Con

first I know for a fact that you are a Muslim because you go to my school.

Also I cant believe you made this a 5 round debate.

We should be working on our FAFSA forms.

You know that I am an aetheist (which means I don't have a religion)

you awesome thaer bear lol.. there was already a debate on the big bang.. i think the debators there had more knowledge on the subject than us lol
markchengy

Pro

markchengy forfeited this round.
msoshima54

Con

msoshima54 forfeited this round.
markchengy

Pro

markchengy forfeited this round.
msoshima54

Con

msoshima54 forfeited this round.
markchengy

Pro

markchengy forfeited this round.
msoshima54

Con

msoshima54 forfeited this round.
Posted by mindjob 9 years ago
mindjob
For one, a theory means that there is strong evidence to suggest that it is a fact, but that more work needs to be done to find the conclusive evidence that would make it a fact. I'm going to give you the benefit of a doubt and believe that every science teacher you ever had was an idiot. And there is both logical and real evidence to back up the theory. For one, the simple fact that the universe is expanding suggests its expanding from somewhere and something. This was all the evidence astronomers had to work with until they found the lingering aftermath of the big bang: radiant microwaves that exist without appearing to be coming from anywhere. The astronomical community calls this the "smoking gun" of the big bang. This is certainly more evidence than any other religious theory regarding the beginning of the universe. And if there has to be a beginning to everything, when and where did god begin? sorry to bring in religion, but it is unavoidable given the topic and your reasoning.
Posted by Korezaan 9 years ago
Korezaan
"first I know for a fact that you are a Muslim because you go to my school. "

LOLLLLLLLOLOLOLOLOLLLLL.
Posted by MineesotaGopher 9 years ago
MineesotaGopher
You are using theory in a way contrary to scientific use of the term.
Posted by Miserlou 9 years ago
Miserlou
A theory means that it CAN'T be proven wrong or right; if it could than it wouldn't be a theory anymore, just a fact.
Posted by jackpool 9 years ago
jackpool
There are theories on where a super dense core of energy came from. There are theories which say the expansion and collapse of all particles in the universe is a natural cycle, and that was just another phase. It condenses too the point where the rules of the common universe breakdown converting it to energy, and then explode since they have no more gravity to hold them together.
The other theory is based off of string theory. The is theoretically a framework which all matter in our universe sits upon called a brane. When one brane collides with another brane, they would transfer part of their total momentum into a 'small' energy discharge. Thus, the big bang to us.
You guys really don't know what you were talking about, haha.
The universe is not infinite, according to alot of research.
Posted by msoshima54 9 years ago
msoshima54
alex you are a nerd, your "avatar" is a nerd too.
Posted by guitaristofra 9 years ago
guitaristofra
You guys just did one of the worst debates ever... and also, why do the FAFSA now, it's not due for another month.
Vote Placed by msoshima54 9 years ago
msoshima54
markchengymsoshima54Tied
Vote Placed by Cooperman88 9 years ago
Cooperman88
markchengymsoshima54Tied
Vote Placed by overlordmalkav 9 years ago
overlordmalkav
markchengymsoshima54Tied
Vote Placed by mindjob 9 years ago
mindjob
markchengymsoshima54Tied