The Black Lives Matter movement and organization does more harm than good.

migmag has forfeited round #2.

Hey everyone! Some rules:

-First round is acceptance only.
-No semantics or ad hominem attacks.
-Use actual evidence and cite sources please.
-Have fun!

A couple other things about my speeches:

-If anyone doesn't know, a contention is another word for point or assertion, I will be using this word in my speeches. Also, c means contention as well (like if I say C1 it means Contention 1).

-Also, a criterion (also called standard) is something which the judge chooses who wins the debate by, it is part of framework. For example, if the criterion is health (and both sides accept this criterion), then all arguments that don't involve health are invalid, because the judge, or in this case the voters, are only focusing on health.

-Lastly, if, at any time, I say "we", "our", or similar words in my speech, it means my team, which in this case is just myself (sorry, used to typing out cases for a team of multiple people).

I don't believe in almost any aspect of the way many people on here us it, I don't believe I should have to provide "sources" as Republicans are always going to call my source "liberal bias" and I'll turn around and do the same thing if they use Fox News etc as their source.
On this topic, while I believe some of the individual actions of SOME of the attending BLM events hurts their cause, I believe the INTENTION is good in general and many accomplishment have been made by the organization

So my opponent talked a bit about sources, before I start I just wanted to say that I won't call bias on any sources used in this debate. Moving on to the actual topic at hand.

Contrary to what my opponent says, this debate is not just about what the intentions of the BLM organization are. When judging the good or harm of an organization, we must also look at the actual impact this organization has. Even still, I believe the intentions of the BLM organization are also bad. With that in mind, let's go to my argument.

C1: Black Lives Matter is harmful to society.
Subpoint A - The movement's intention disregards the lives of many and promotes racial superiority.
Some of the original intent of the BLM organization was good, but the movement has evolved into cop hating and black superiority. Black Lives Matter protesters also have been known to encourage and parade the death of cops on multiple occasions. After the death of Eric Garner, protesters lined the streets of New York City with chants of: “What do we want?” “Dead Cops!” “When do we want them?” “Now!” On another occasion, when a black Harlem cop, Randolph Holder, was murdered in cold blood, BLM supporters disgustingly cheered the news outside of a Harlem hospital.

When you see this, it makes sense that the mascot of Black Lives Matter, Assata Shakur, who is repeatedly spoken as an inspiration by BLM founders and activists, is actually on the FBI's Most Wanted list. The intention of modern BLM is to celebrate the death and suffering of not only non-blacks, but just whoever they dislike.

Subpoint B - The organization has killed and injured many.
Black Lives Matter sure acts on these horrible thoughts, doing horrible things that end up hurting society. As an example, "In response to the acquittal and total exoneration of law enforcement office Darren Wilson, who was in an altercation with Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, ending tragically in Brown’s death, movement members set the city on fire. Innocent people had their businesses trashed and looted while the peaceful people of Missouri (black and white alike) woke up to their city in shambles and literally on fire."
(The Daily Wire,

If you want a more relevant example, just look at the very recent Dallas cop shootings. Towards the end of a protest in response to police brutality, a sniper ambush killed 5 police officers and injured 7 more - the organization fought violence with even worse violence.

This violence has gotten so extreme that even Barack Obama has stepped in. “Whenever those of us who are concerned about fairness in the criminal justice system attack police officers, you are doing a disservice to the cause,” Obama said during a press conference in Spain on his way home from a NATO summit in Poland.

The BLM organization is detrimental to American society in not only how they think but also how they act upon these thoughts, and that is why you should vote Pro!