IamDebato
asta

The Border Wall Will Do Nothing.

Started: 4/26/2018 Category: Economics

IamDebato

Pro

The boarder wall will do nothing prove me wrong.
asta

Con

The border wall will drastically reduce illegal immigration.

Smugglers and other people can use tunnels but these tunnels too can be walled off.

Immigrants can come into this country, but they should get Americanized first. I can go more into reasoning why in future rounds.
IamDebato

Pro

It will only reduce the amount of immigration the comes by the wall, but studies have shown that more immigrants come legally by plane to America instead of going through the wall, therefore reducing the immigration to America by barely any. Also it wouldn't stop immigration from other counties in the middle east.
asta

Con

There are 2 types of Latin American on US immigration; legal immigration and illegal immigration.

Legal immigration would remain more or less constant since many Latinos would either come legally through the wall because it would be a wall with a door, allowing good immigrants in and keeping bad ones out of the country, or by plane as you mentioned.

Most Muslims come legally and get heavily filtered when coming to the US., and they should get heavily filtered. They fly on planes here.

However, when talking about illegal immigration from Latin America, a wall would definitely reduce illegal immigration.
IamDebato

Pro

Well done you have proved me wrong!! By the way this was supposed to be a prove me wrong like thing and I support the idea of having a Bigger Better wall.
asta

Con

You asked if the border wall will do anything?

Whether or not you agree with the concept of a border wall, it will reduce illegal immigration, so it won't do NOTHING. Israel and even Mexico have walls and the illegal immigration from the middle east and Guatemala respectively have gone down.

P.S. I support a wall too. But the US should pay for it. If you want to build a fence because you don't like your neighbors, should your neighbors pay for your fence?
asta

Con

Good game. Do I win?

Please respond in the comments.

http://www.foxnews.com...
Posted by asta 1 month ago
asta
+ icebeartheawesome

I believe that the border wall is effective at preventing illegal immigration.
Posted by icebeartheawesome 1 month ago
icebeartheawesome
the border wall is effetive

asta
Posted by asta 2 months ago
asta
Thanks. In the future, can you make your debates have a higher character limit and more time to vote?
Posted by IamDebato 2 months ago
IamDebato
Yes You Do Win.
Posted by asta 2 months ago
asta
If you don't like the border wall, why is Trump your picture right now?