What50
Arganger

The Brotherhood vs Any Group Of DDO

What50 has forfeited round #3.

What50

Pro

This debate is gonna be The Brotherhood vs Any DDO Organization.

I prefer the leaders or members of the organization but anyone is free to debate this topic with me. I will take The Brotherhoood.

Round 1- Acceptance and saying what Organization you represent
Round 2 is main arguments
Round 3 is rebuttals and conclusions.
Arganger

Con

As leader of The Leben, I accept.
What50

Pro

Case Number 1: The Brotherhood has been shown to be doing charity work. The Brotherhood donated "145 to a poor boy named Reuben. This shows The Brotherhood more charitable work, as for I can see we provide DDO with a better platform and community. My question to my opponent is what can the Leben provide that the Brotherhood can not or do better?
http://www.debate.org...

Case Number 2: The Leben has no manifesto. How are we suppose to know Leben's rules and intentions if we have no idea what they are doing. The Brotherhood has a manifesto that can be seen by everyone so we know the Brotherhood's rules, and intentions. If they are found breaking one of their rules, you can see it in their Manifesto and use it has evidence to breaking their code.
http://www.debate.org...

Case Number 3: The Leben has no true freedom of speech. The groups are required to hold 3/4 of these beliefs, to uphold the right to life, prolife, anti euthanasia, and be anti death penalty. In contrast The Brotherhood accepts all form of ideas as long as it fits the term of service. As such we believe you can hold a steady, civilized, controversial debate that can be defended in the terms and services. As such The Brotherhood accepts all ideas, that doesn't go against the terms and services, which allows more people to share their ideas than the 3/4 core beliefs. Though they say if their is room for diagreement you have to challenge the Leban leader to a debate, this shows that the core beliefs of the Leban can be easily changed.
http://www.debate.org...
Case Number 4: Lets talk about benefits of joining the Leban. "Benefits to the Leben include I will accept any debate I am challenged to by members even if I disagree with the position, and I am willing to judge debates as I have voting privileges. "
This can cause vote bombing which is against the terms and services of the site, I feel uncomfortable that their is a group in which can be able to vote bomb in debates. The Leban only has 1 member that is willing to view debates and debate against members. Though the Brotherhood offers it's services to not only it's members but also new members of DDO. Another thing that the Brotherhood won't vote bomb debates since all the members are doing is giving construction criticism to arguments which allows more substance to debates. As such you can contact anyone in The Brotherhood for help, instead of 1 member voting and debating.
"Once we have at least four members we will start hosting tournaments and will hold elections to determine the leader."
As such any group can host tournaments, would it be better to have multiple groups hold DDO debating competitions as such to improve the sites equality and be better to hold more togetherness. As such Con profile holds alot of weakness so we don't know how they can respond to critics on their disability.
http://www.debate.org...

In conclusion: The Brotherhood holds more broad, and steady terms that allows members to express their ideas more than The Leban, offer charity work and hold different events that The Leban can do but better. A more reliable leader and as such less risk of vote bombing. Vote Pro please.
Arganger

Con

You fail to explain where exactly the 145 dollars went to. As the Leben we allow members to use or donate their money freely. I donate my time as well, writing articles about things like autism and oppositional defiant disorder to help parents and families better interact with autistic family members. I also volunteer at my church.

The biggest advantage the Leben has to the brotherhood, is the brotherhood has a bad name. It's history is something most members aren't willing to be affiliated with. We the Leben have many community building advents that will be officially announced once the group has grown.

This is the closest we need to a manifesto:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WELCOME TO THE LEBEN. For this group, to show yourself as a member, change your profile picture to the one I have .http://www.debate.org......... beliefs of this group are,

To uphold the right to life

Prolife

Anti Euthanasia

Anti Death Penalty

Besides these, members are encouraged to have any views what so ever, and to debate over even the core beliefs within the group to sharpen skills. Members are required to follow and uphold DDO's rules and terms of use,

You can still join if you agree with at least three core values of four, but under that circumstance you need to challenge me to a debate on the area of disagreement.

Benefits to the Leben include I will accept any debate I am challenged to by members even if I disagree with the position, and I am willing to judge debates as I have voting privileges. Once we have at least four members we will start hosting tournaments and will hold elections to determine the leader.

We are not for nor against freedom of speech, in fact we encourage members to debate positions they disagree with. But we are still a private group, so to have some glue to hold it together we have the official beliefs core of the Leben to go off of. Because few people agree with all four of the core beliefs of, to uphold the right to life, Prolife, Anti-Euthanasia, Anti-Death Penalty, we allow leniency in exchange for courage.

There will be no vote bombing. Many people struggle to find judges on DDO, so being a member of the Leben assures at least one vote, along with critique for improvement. DDO requires proper reason for a vote and I will keep that in heart. Whereas, correcting a debate before it goes up is more likely to have you writing the debates for them which keeps the member from learning as quickly as they should.

Though we will likely hold enter group debates, and join them, we believe in sharpening each other’s skills in the group itself.

Pro is referring to, "I'm autistic, along with: ODD (perfect for this site, right?), OCD, PTSD, anxiety, Essential tremor, dyspraxia, particularly extreme SPD, I have motor delays and balance problems, my depth perception is off, I have memory problems and face blindness, and so much more!" Of which most I've had since birth and do not get in my way the only ones that do once in a while are handled.

The ones that may get in my way:

PTSD, this can cause me two lose conduct sometimes if I get triggered by a topic. This is handled by walking away and coming back after my anxiety goes back down. I do have a service dog as well to help me handle this.

Essential tremor, sometimes I cannot physically type. This is handled by walking away until they slow a bit.

Posted by Masterful 9 months ago
Masterful
You have now. Thank you.
Posted by Arganger 9 months ago
Arganger
I answered every one of those on the Q & A.
Posted by Masterful 9 months ago
Masterful
I did not ask the same question twice. Please point out where I did? I merely asked a lot of questions. Forgive me for partaking in your Q and A, but it seems as though i'm the only one who cares. If you want to run a group you need to be able to defend yourself from critics.

-As the leader of Leben, what will you do to ensure your group doesn't begin a vote bombing campaign?

-What can your group give to DDO that other groups can't?

-With the originality, charity work, aid for new members and innovation of the Brotherhood, wouldn't it make more sense for people who want a group to join them?

-Considering you own such an immense amount of defects, are you certain you're fit to run a group effectively?

-How would you respond to critics who point out that, on a site with 100s of active members, this is the best candidate DDO can produce?

-Wouldn't your group, in turn create division within the wider DDO community?

-The Leben is attempting to gain members for what purpose exactly?
Posted by Arganger 9 months ago
Arganger
Oh no, I just forgot. Plus frankly I answered you and you are repetitive.
Posted by Masterful 9 months ago
Masterful
A response is still pending on the Lebens Q and A for over 4 days. It appears as though the Leben is hiding something.

http://www.debate.org...
Posted by canis 9 months ago
canis
But why groups ? There is no reason at all...
Posted by Arganger 9 months ago
Arganger
About a month ago, Masterful, a member almost no one liked, formed an alliance with a new member What50 as they have similar extremest views. almost immediately a group came up to counter it, at the time know as the NHK. It wasn't super active though.

I started the Leben because the widely known extremism of the brotherhood was likely throwing newer members off, but multiple groups would instead show a sense of community and some degree of identity on the site,

Then The Sons of Solidarity was started up by FanboyMctroll. It looks okay on the surface to most people, but discriminates against religious people and the mentally ill along with any disabled person. If you dig a little they also believe in eugenics, believing that the mentally ill, disabled, and gay should be forcibly sterilized.
Posted by 21MolonLabe 9 months ago
21MolonLabe
So could someone please explain where all of these little DID groups came from? I've been a member for 2 years and I log back on after about a month and now there a buch of groups
Posted by canis 9 months ago
canis
Why a group anyway ?
Posted by NDECD1441 9 months ago
NDECD1441
Maybe we could do one in the forums?