gabriel.ungacta
Comeatmebruh666

The Brown Berets are racist

Comeatmebruh666 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

gabriel.ungacta

Pro

Hey guys, I'm starting my first debate on here.
The topic is are the Brown Berets racist?
I am debating that they are due to the fact of their anti-white speeches and their affiliation with La Raza meaning "The Race" in Spanish.
The motto for La Raza is "Por la Raza todo, Fuera de la Raza Nada". In translation this means "For the Race everything, outside the race nothing". Those outside the Race? Does that mean non-Mexicans (Asians, Native Americans, Blacks, whites and Pacific Islanders) will be excluded from society set up by La Raza? From the sounds of their motto it appears to be inevitable.
So why would someone affiliate themselves with a motto like that? Because they are racist. In fact the Brown Berets are nothing more than the militant wing of La Raza which only aims on extreme Mexican nationalism and racism. There have been videos where Brown Berets shout to people that "You are to White to be here, go back to Germany". According to the Webster dictionary that is textbook racism without a doubt.
This concludes my opening argument. I will respond to my opponents counter argument when they respond if anyone is willing to take the debate.
Comeatmebruh666

Con

"So I was reading down the challenges and I find this, oh YES a "quality" debate." No but really I'm accepting your challenge and I'm going to explain to you, why your opinion matters very little on this subject. So your claim is that ALL brown berets are racists. I mean where do I even start... Well I might start with saying that your claim most likely is wrong, because it's a stereotype and most, if not all stereotypes have some percentage of error. It's like saying "All feminists are fighting for equal rights.", or that, "All Nazi soldiers were supporters of the Nazi movement.", and oh boy how wrong you would be saying that.

So in conclusion your statement is a stereotype, and even if there is some truth to it, you would be entirely wrong to claim that for all brown berets.
gabriel.ungacta

Pro

First of all I'm not stating that ALL Brown Berets members are racist. I'm rather stating that the organization itself is racist. Yes most members of the Brown Berets are in it to fight against discrimination against Mexicans. But that is the equivalent of a Muslim joining ISIS just because he wants to fight against Islamophobia. But that will cause more fear of Islam than understanding of it because of what they do. The same goes for the Brown Berets. Just because you are fighting for you culture does not make you not racist. These people of "La Raza" and the Brown Berets are the reason of Trump winning, because of intolerance to people's belief and hostile attitude towards Trump supporters and white people in general. This ends my argument and I will know allow you to state your argument.
Comeatmebruh666

Con

Ok. So if your claim is not that the brown berets are all racist then it must be that in it's core it is racist. (I'm very temted to pull the SJW card and say "People of ethnicity can't be racist, NANANANA. I can't hear you." But I'm not that much of an idiot.) And that's a bit tricky because then we should have information on the stance of the organisation and even more information about the genuine thoughts of the organisations leaders. That my dear friend unfortunately is impossible, so we can't truly state anything about this organisation. What I would like you to do is clarify your question because if it's one of these two, you can't prove your statement which ultimately makes it false, because all truths require sufficient evidence which as of yet, you haven't been able to provide.
gabriel.ungacta

Pro

Restate the question? I have asked it clearly "Are the Brown Berets racist" that's the same as asking "are the Klu Klux Klan racist".

And I have not provided sufficient evidence? I just stated that they are the militant branch of La Raza which translates to "The Race". Their motto is "For the Race everything, for those out of the Race nothing." I am pretty sure that that is enough evidence to prove the Brown Berets have a racist stance.

But since you are asking for more evidence, I shall provide more evidence.

1) The Brown Berets are working together with the New Black Panthers (NBP). Remember, the voting intimidators at the voting booths with blunt weapons during the 08 election?
The NBP are regarded as a hate group by the Sothern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) for their anti-White and anti-semetic
rhetoric. Here are some quotes from NBP leaders:

"I hate white people. All of them. Every last iota of a cracker, I hate it","You want freedom? You going to have to kill some crackers! You going to have to kill some of their babies!" — King Samir Shabazz

"Our lessons talk about the bloodsuckers of the poor… . It's that old no-good Jew, that old imposter Jew, that old hooked-nose, bagel-eating, lox-eating, Johnny-come-lately, perpetrating-a-fraud, just-crawled-out-of-the-caves-and-hills-of-Europe, so-called damn Jew … and I feel everything I'm saying up here is kosher." — Khalid Abdul Muhammad

All this is recorded rhetoric from the SPLC website (splcenter.org). Now explain to me why an orginization would pair up with the NBPs that is notorious for being racist as claimed by the SPLC without having a racist agenda.

2) The Brown Berets claim that they (Mexicans) are the original inhabitants of the land for thousands of years.
Yes I know that this land belonged to Mexico before the US, but that was only politically and Mexicans have only been here for five hundred years.
What about the Native Americans that were on this land before it was Mexico and Mexicans? What about the Comanche? What about the Apache? The Navajo? The countless Native tribes of this land?
The Brown Berets exclude their existence when concerning immigration.

3) The Brown Berets idolize two racist leaders, Che Guevara and Pancho Villa.

Che Guevara was no doubt an icon and hero in the Latin American revolutions. But those around him recalled him making racist statements. Here is a quote from The Motarcycle Diaries, a book tha recounts the diary of Che Guevara.

"The blacks, those magnificent examples of the African race who have maintained their racial purity thanks to their lack of an affinity with bathing, have seen their territory invaded by a new kind of slave: the Portuguese. And the two ancient races have now begun a hard life together, fraught with bickering and squabbles. Discrimination and poverty unite them in the daily fight for survival but their different ways of approaching life separate them completely: The black is indolent and a dreamer; spending his meager wage on frivolity or drink; the European has a tradition of work and saving, which has pursued him as far as this corner of America and drives him to advance himself, even independently of his own individual aspirations." -The Motorcycle Diaries

Adding to that Che Guevara was known for executing hundreds of thousands of political prisoners without trial.

Pancho Villa was a Mexican nationalist and revolutionary who attacked American towns on the US side of the border. His forces were known for pillaging towns in the US simple because they were Anglo-Saxons (remember, he was a nationionalist). This is the person that La Raza and the Brown Berets idolize as the put them on their merchandise (shirts, hats, flags, posters and car stickers).

I have layed out the orginizations they are apart of, they are working with and their idols. All have extremely racist agendas and facts to back it up. How can one dispute the racism of the Brown Berets when the facts are everywhere and in plain sight?

Real quick, let me give you the dictionary definition of racism.

"Racism- a beleif that some races are superior to other" - Merriam-Webster Dictionary

The Brown Berets rhetoric, affiliated orginizations and idols fit perfectly with that definition.

In conclusion the Brown Berets orginizations is the physical form of textbook racism.

This concludes my arguement and i will now hear your final arguement.