Asianobee
GDawg

The Burqa should not be banned

Asianobee

Asianobee

Pro

The principle behind the burqa is that it is clothing that maintains personal modesty. Clothing that is worn as recommended by the Qur"an is called Hijab. In certain portions of the Qur"an, Allah"s words as stated by Muhammad are that women should cover their "beauties": their chests, hair, legs, and arms. This is not oppressive but more of a protection to a lady's personal assets.

Legally, the burqa is NOT a threat to society because, in airports, police stations etc, a person wearing a burqa would reveal their face to an officer, providing the individual (the officer) is a female.

There is only reasoning behind action, therefore it is logical to conclude that the burqa should not be banned SIMPLY because there is no reason to ban it!

It's just a piece of clothing. People say it harms women, well so do bras and high heels and the objectification of women in the media, we don't hear about any major government authorities complaining about those, do we? With this reasoning debunked, we can say that the movement to ban burqas is based PURELY on Islamaphobia and not for the love of our human sisters.

There are those who say people could hide stuff under them when they go to schools or airports, well we can hide things in baggy pants. Does that mean we should ban those as well? Those along with every clown car, trench coat and big sweater in the state. Madness I say! To ban an article of clothing is an affront to humanity and reason.

In the free countries where they are moving to ban the burqas they say that women are oppressed with these things. We should preoccupy ourselves with banning articles of clothing of women are being oppressed by men, we should focus on liberating women! If they are liberated from threats and harassment then they would be free to choose not to wear a burqa or to choose to wear a burqa for themselves! We shouldn't ban burqas, we should ban misogyny.
GDawg

Con

bro wtf u talkin bouit r u a terroist bc it looks like it. u just jelous u aint a christian and got rights accept it bc christians dun have right in muslim countries have u ever thought of that? u is a dummypants bc u think that people should legally be able to practice terroism
Asianobee

Pro

Clearly, you are showing signs of incompetence and fascism. I don't know where you come from or who you think you are but I'm a Muslim. Terrorist is not the correct terminology and also how does it look like I'm a terrorist? Is it just another one of those racist assumptions incompetent fools like you make? I'm also not jealous of Christians. Why would I be? My religion is not oppressive and I believe it to the extent that I think you are a fool. I am a Muslim adolescent woman, and I have never once been denied a right in my religion, so I don't know why you're rambling on about rights. Another thing, I am a "dummypants"? I think you are better off reading your argument and checking the spelling and grammar then, judging who the "dummypants" is. Also I don't know how old you are but you sure act like you are 5 years of age. I don't know how terrorism came into this by the way.
GDawg

Con

yo fck u!!!1 u is bein a dumass bc u complain bout ur terrorist religion bein illegal but u nvr been denied ur religion so shut the fck up u moron! y u even complainin dis is the USA! so dun act like ur country matters bc u dun even have schools there! lolol terroist go bck to ur country
Asianobee

Pro

You are stating invalid points which are irrelevant to the issue and plus, in Middle Eastern countries we do have schools. Con has failed to provide a substantial argument against mine. Judge for yourselves.
GDawg

Con

o k wan be friends?
Posted by makhdoom5 4 years ago
makhdoom5
thick*
Posted by makhdoom5 4 years ago
makhdoom5
who told u bukra harms for women. lol.
man kidding me.
burka has numerous benefits i did not find a single disadvantage.
hijab is also for men.
dont tell me.
i wear turban in so hot sun light it makes my head like AC and on body there is always think cloth.
it gives u sweating and which gives u sensation of AC in real time.
lol
its not fun its true.
i am man i do wear modest my turban is more big and think. so i personally know.
well this is simple thing i said.
but u dont know benefits man so much so much.
cant imagine.
this gonna be debate if i do coz so long.
Posted by IslamAhmadiyya 4 years ago
IslamAhmadiyya
Asianobee, you won this.

The Con is clearly...no words to describe.
Vote Placed by makhdoom5 4 years ago
makhdoom5
AsianobeeGDawgTied
Reasons for voting decision: quran is the most reliable source for me. con dont deserve to talk about. pro win the debate coz con never participated but remain insulting.
Vote Placed by rross 4 years ago
rross
AsianobeeGDawgTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con was insulting, barely comprehensible, and he didn't provide any valid arguments.