WillRiley
inaudita

The CIS (Battle Droids) were Actually the More Justified Faction.(Star Wars Prequels)

WillRiley

Pro

First round is acceptance, but I will allow my opponent to make their arguments in round one if they so choose. Acceptable sources include the Star Wars Wiki, The Movies, or official Books/Comics. No fanfiction type sources will be accepted.
inaudita

Con

I accept this debate.
WillRiley

Pro

During the course of this debate, I will attempt to prove that on balance the CIS are the more justified faction. (As opposed to the Republic) While the Republic is portrayed as the "good" faction in the movies, it is apparent that CIS, contrary to how it seems, is not a bad organization. According to the Star Wars wiki article for the Confederacy of Independent Systems, CIS was-

"Formed by various planetary and sectorialal governments, as well as some mega-corporationsions, that declared intentions to leave the Galactic Republic, refusing to comply with its excessive taxation and
corruption in the Senate during the
Separatist Crisis."

Now we know that the CIS was not just an evil mastermind with a robot army. In fact, it was a democratic coalition of thousands of planetary systems. CIS had every reason to create an army, an instead of using cloning, which in and it self in inhumane, they used robots. That way, no Separatist citizens lost family members or were drafted. Now, the same goes for Cloning, but if you look into it, the Clone Program was a awful thing.

"The standard troopers were genetically altered to be more docile and susceptible to obeying orders than their genetic template, supplemented by rigorous behavior modifications to install absolute loyalty to the Galactic Republic. A surgically implanted inhibitor chip was a further safeguard against betrayal from rogue Jedi. The chip, however, proved to be an integral part of the Sith masterplan.

In order to grow fully matured clones in half of the time it takes ordinary Humans, the Kaminoans modified the clones by implementing "age acceleration" into their development, thus allowing the clones to reach adulthood in ten years instead of two decades. Although the exact rate at which clones aged is unknown, it appears to be nearly twice as fast a natural-born Human and it is theorized that this rate increased as clones grew older—especially under stress, thus leading to a dramatic shortening of the clones' life expectancy. Despite these modifications, the clone troopers could still think and act creatively and possessed a level of individuality that their Kaminoan creators did not anticipate.

Just to clarify, that means that they were doomed to die young, brainwashed, and forced to fight for a flawed cause.
Back to you Con.

inaudita

Con

inaudita forfeited this round.
WillRiley

Pro

I extend my arguments.
inaudita

Con

I apologize for forfeiting the first round but I was taken by health issues to an area where I could not formulate an argument. If you'd like to continue the debate we might draw this one and make a new one for the purpose. This decision is of course left to you.
WillRiley

Pro

WillRiley forfeited this round.
inaudita

Con

inaudita forfeited this round.
Posted by WillRiley 2 years ago
WillRiley
Let's just tie this.
Posted by z1 2 years ago
z1
Forfeeeeiiiit