Russia_The_almighty
JackFritschy

The CIS was more justified

Russia_The_almighty

Con

I have chosen my opponent and the topic is that the CIS was more justified than the republic in the clone wars.
Rules
1. Standard DDO rules
2. I wouldn't count sidious as an argument as he was the leader f both sides and in my opinion the same exact result in the end would happen if sidious favored the CIS more.
3. justified- having done for a legitimate reason
4. I am going to say Bane's rule of two happened because otherwise I haven't seen an apprentice master line to lead to sidious
JackFritschy

Pro

I accept this debate.
Russia_The_almighty

Con

OK let's start this of.

I believe the republic was more justified than the CIS in the Clone wars.

The beginning of the war itself was the Naboo crisis. The introduction of the clones came in through the battle of Geonosis.

I will start by showing CIS leaders actions caused many deaths of people who didn't necessarily need to die.

"Finally the Trade Federation lost patence and took drastic action. They chos the small watery world of Naboo and blockaded it.(a few pages later)Nute barley hesitated before he pushed the button down. The gun fired, and the republic cruiser exploded. 'That was easy enough, and now for the jedi'"
-The Phantom Menace novelization

Clearly more than Darth Sidious wanted Naboo and were willing to even kill people. It wasn't necessary for Nute Gunray to kill the crew of that republic vessel. It was right in the hangar of a battleship. I doubt that ship had many proper defense on board besides the jedi who already left expecting a simple meeting. A few battle droids with blasters would have gotten that crew to surrender. If the crew tried to fight back, then it would be justified to kill them.
Afterwards, the jedi, the gungans, and the Naboo guards had every right to fight back. Darth Maul attacked them later and killed master Qui gon Jiin with mainly blood lust as his justification. There is only one place were bloodlust is justified and that is for the sith.
Count Dooku, second in commend of the CIS defected to the sith because Darth Maul killed his former student. I can not see how that is justified. If a sith soldier kills a student of yours, you stay a jedi so that the sith are later defeated by you. Howeve Dooku thought that he had to be a sth to remove the galactic Republic from power and help cause the death of millions- billions along with it.
The battle that showed the strength of the clones was the battle of Geonosis. The Republic's reason to attack there was because droid factories were producing armies of droids ready for war, only a few years after the same droids with the same were attacking Naboo.
Grievous' attack on Florrum, didn't seem to have much purpose, but to add a planet to their collection.

I would say more, but I'll wait for your argument first.
JackFritschy

Pro

It is important to note that the sith manipulated both parties in the war, so we should not take into the account sith machinations and focus on what most people though the war was about. For example, many didn't know Dooku was a sith. The CIS was formed as a response to the total incompatance, regulation, and taxation of the republic. It is so big that it is ungovernable. Palpatine even complains it's the bureaucrats that hold power. That's is why so many planets wanted out of the republic. The CIS had it's own parliment, that voted to pursue peace negotiations with the republic. Both Dooku and Palpatine worked to stop these from succeeding though.
Also, while droids do the fighting of the CIS, the Republic has the clone army, possibly one of the most immoral things in the star wars universe. The clones are genetically modified to be more obedient, and then trained from childhood to be killers. They have no choice in how to live their life, they are simply created to fight and die for the republic. In a final argument, it should be known that CIS planets that held out joined the rebel alliance.
Russia_The_almighty

Con

And now my rebuttal. Yes having a clone army is immoral, but I do not believe they had no choice. In Star Wars Rebels clearly Rex and those other clones joined the rebel alliance. In Legends,(BTW legends means it could have happened, not that it didn't happen.) 2 clones known as X1 and X2 both seemed to have choices. X1 took command of the empire after Sidious' death and Vader's redemption. X2 fought for the rebellion. Also was it not in Palpatine's/ Dooku's minds to build the clone armies in the first place out of the DNA of Jango Fett? Also I believe it is also important to note that the republic was also like this during the time of vitiate.(like I said, legend=could have happened) Many planets wanted to break off because the republic wasn't taking action against the sith. However once a jedi consular assisted in many tasks like assisting the liberation of Balmorra, they decide to stay.
Yes and also one of those same surviving CIS planets known as Hypori (this is in legends) helped two criminal networks. First Jabba the Hutt, then Tyber Zann, two notorious criminals. This gave Tyber Zann, one of the most notorious criminal the galaxy has ever seen, the destroyer droids.
The CIS also even wanted to win criminals on its side through deception. Having Jabba's son, Rotta the hutt, kidnapped so that they would be against the Republic. Now that's sneaky.
Now the battle of Ryloth. Once again, Twileks are the victims, this time by the CIS. Conclusion: The CIS made many good Twileks die and stole Twilek treasures. What was it for? Control over the system, and treasures.
http://starwars.wikia.com...
JackFritschy

Pro

JackFritschy forfeited this round.
Russia_The_almighty

Con

I'm not too happy my opponent forfeited. I hope it doesn't happen again.
JackFritschy

Pro

JackFritschy forfeited this round.
Russia_The_almighty

Con

Well unless my opponent comes back next round, vote pro.
JackFritschy

Pro

JackFritschy forfeited this round.
Posted by JackFritschy 1 year ago
JackFritschy
sorry
Posted by JackFritschy 1 year ago
JackFritschy
pro
Posted by JackFritschy 1 year ago
JackFritschy
pro
Posted by JackFritschy 1 year ago
JackFritschy
pro
Posted by JackFritschy 1 year ago
JackFritschy
pro
Posted by JackFritschy 1 year ago
JackFritschy
pro
Posted by JackFritschy 1 year ago
JackFritschy
pro
Posted by JackFritschy 1 year ago
JackFritschy
pro
Posted by JackFritschy 1 year ago
JackFritschy
pro
Posted by JackFritschy 1 year ago
JackFritschy
pro