Pitbull15
ElCoyote

The Call of Duty Series is overrated

Started: 2/13/2014 Category: Games

Pitbull15

Pro

Looking at how they release another Call of Duty game every year, I got to thinking: "Man, this series is seriously overrated." I mean, it's basically the same game over and over again just with a few new perks. e.g.
Call of Duty: Ghosts: new perks include.... a PLAYABLE DOG!!!! *faints from excitement*.

I believe that they should actually try to reinvent the series like they did with COD 4, which was the best one IMO. Any challengers?? Remember, this isn't a formal debate, by the way.
ElCoyote

Con

There is a reason why they keep producing COD games; because people like them and enjoy playing them. If people didnt like them then the game producers and companies would stop seeing how they would lose money trying to make them.
So i dont think there overated seeing how millions of people play it everyday
Pitbull15

Pro

Don't get me wrong or anything, I think they're fun; but the series needs to be reinvented. If you go on Amazon, the best selling and highest rated COD game is still Modern Warfare, because that game took the biggest leap from its predecessors. Every game after that was basically living off the hype of COD 4 and building on it. The graphics and gameplay all stayed the same after that, with a few perks and new weapons thrown in. I hope, for the next one, they do a complete overhaul. The multiplayer in Ghosts, however, is unique. And Black Ops 2 had a multi-linear storyline.
ElCoyote

Con

Ghosts' is different; the new mode extiction is different than the rest. It's a break compared to Zombies that usually were only for Black ops. Extiction in my opinoin is better because now you can win there is a goal to be accomplised. And while the COD series stays the same why would somebody fix a game that isnt broken. And there are improvement to each games sure as a given graphics improve so does how multiplayer is changed to make things fair for example the "Noob Tubes" (Grenade Launcher) attachment in Modern Warefare 2 on the assult rifles were extremely overpowered and unfair, so in COD Modern Warefare 3 they were still there but there power was reduced.
But in Modern Warefare 3 the killstreaks were mostly air based that killed players almost instantly and in Ghosts there isnt as many air based killstreaks and its a more level playing field.
Pitbull15

Pro

However, any franchise will get old if they keep recycling it, and COD isn't an exception. Extinction actually is a pretty good addition to Ghosts, though. What the franchise needs, IMO, is the same leap from its predecessors that COD 4 took. And the whole "don't fix what isn't broken" mentality, if it were applied all the time, would stifle our nation's progress; And I think the same applies to gaming. Many gamers on the forums complain about how overrated COD is, because it's basically the same game over and over again. I just think that most of us would like to see the series go through a complete overhaul, at least graphics wise; because since COD 4, the graphics have hardly changed. The Crysis series is actually a good example of how each game goes through an overhaul.
ElCoyote

Con

ElCoyote forfeited this round.
Posted by Pitbull15 3 years ago
Pitbull15
YAY!!! ANOTHER RASPUTIN!!! WE SHOULD BE RASPUTIN BUDDIES!! =P

Lol maybe I should've named my profile RASPUTIN, but I found this picture a little but after I signed up for this site.
Posted by Rasputin45 3 years ago
Rasputin45
Another Rasputin! I'm Not Alone!
Posted by Pitbull15 3 years ago
Pitbull15
That's true. The last good COD game was Modern Warfare. The Battlefield series has the same issues, but to a much lesser extent. Battlefield 4 is mind-blowing.

Actually, the worst game in the COD series was either modern warfare 3 or COD 3. And people still bought them like crazy.
Posted by Fangedbeast8764 3 years ago
Fangedbeast8764
The Call of Duty franchise is only selling because of the name. Most people will by anything no matter what it was for the name. Call of Duty could sell the worst game ever and people would still buy it. "oh its call of duty its the best" i would rather buy games like skyrim and fallout because there is always new stuff