The Cartoon Network era of late 90s and early 2000s is far superior to the new Cartoon Network era.

Started: 1/15/2015 Category: TV

First round is for acceptance, thank you to the opposing side and good luck.

The Cartoon Network era of the 90s and early 2000s, for the purpose of the date, will be referred to as simply "Old Cartoon Network", or "The Old Network". The same wording can be applied to the new Cartoon Network.

First, I will begin by acknowledging the fact that the old network contained a much different line up then than the new one does today, containing many classics like Cow and Chicken, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, and Foster's Home, among many others. These shows are no longer run, due in part to the fact that the shows ended, or were cancelled. However, this does not do anything except help to decide when exactly the Old Network becomes the New Network. For reference, we can use the original Cartoon Network logo as a reference point.

This logo was used from Cartoon Network's start in 1992 to the end of the early era in 2004. With this, we can establish a rough point at which the new network became the old network.

Next, I will point out that a vast majority of people that you ask in regards to which Cartoon Network they prefer, you will almost always receive "The Old One" as a response. There are many potential factors for this, including the missing shows, but it may also be the fact that, with the leave of the old network, was also the leave of Toonami, a program similar to adult swim, which ran every Saturday night and provided shows such as Naruto and Dragonball Z to name a few, as such, you will find many people who claim that the old Cartoon Network was simply more catering to a wider range of audiences, especially considering the shows of the time, such as Ed, Edd, and Eddy, whereas now-a-days, the shows only seem to humor small children, I'll use Adventure Time as an example.

i will use ur point about the new network having an audience target first.
yes the shows on the new network are pointed to smaller kids but teenagers do whatch them, such as me. i, myself dont think that the new network has pointed the shows ate a smaller age group, and may i point oout some shows like johonney bravo is still on the new network just not as often. i think the new network is superior because as the world modernises so will tv shows and people. the new networks audience age target is still the same, they still want teens watching the channel, but as the world knows, style and thoughts of a teenager change. shows like The Regular Show i think are pointed to the older audience that are watching as it is about two guys slacking off all the time. and may i point out again Ed, Edd and Eddy is still on the new network, just again not as often

In round 2, the Con's first statement is as follows, "Yes, the shows on the new network are pointed to smaller kids." Then, on the next line, the Con states "I myself don't think that the new network has pointed the shows at a smaller age group." This is directly contradictory to the cons own arguments.

Secondly, I concede that Johnny Bravo and Ed, Edd, and Eddy still show, however, they don't show on Cartoon Nerwork, and instead show on Boomerang. This is NOT Cartoon Network, but a different channel altogether.

I have no other arguments to bring up at this time, however, I ask that the judges vote on the side of Pro, due to the arguments and rebuttals that I have laid out. Thank you.

Back to Con.

ill clarify that my statments did say that the new network does point to a smaller age group but also still teenagers, all the newwork has done is made themselves a wider age group audience. and yes jhonney bravo and ed, edd and eddy do show on boomarange but do still show on the new network from time to time. no its not a regular show that does appear on the channal but it does appear on there if u suddenly catch it
Posted by Lulzy 1 year ago
Cartoon Network? Yeah. Just a version of it that, frankly, stinks.
Posted by Shrek_sDrecKid 1 year ago
Wait-it still exists?
Posted by TheAnonymousTipster 1 year ago
Well duh! I used to love cartoon network :) Had no idea it even still existed...
Vote Placed by Zarroette 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: I found Con's S&G poor enough that it distracted from the arguments being made, so this point goes to Pro. A lot of Pro's arguments were unsupported and/or anecdotal, yet Con didn't seem to pick up on this. With this in mind, Pro's impacts of 'lots of people agree that old CN is better', and catering to a wider audience, gives me enough to coerce me to vote for Pro.