PikaNAW
mandorangerwolf777

The Catholic Church is the one true church of the Christian faith

mandorangerwolf777 has forfeited round #2.

PikaNAW

Pro

So, I am a Catholic high schooler looking to debate ANY PROTESTANT on this topic. You must be Protestant and believe in the Trinity. Please keep the debate clean and respectful. Here are the Rounds:
1: Acceptance
2: Opening Argument
3: Rebuttal
4: Defense of own statement
5: Closing and small rebuttal
I look forward to this debate.
mandorangerwolf777

Con

So, Round one. Acceptance.
I am a Church of Christ Highschooler.
I look forward to this, and good luck!
PikaNAW

Pro

So, my opening argument will mostly be the fact that the Catholic Church is the original faith. Let's take a look at the Gospel of Matthew.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 16: 13-19
13: When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, He questioned His disciples: "Who do people say the Son of Man is?"

14: They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets."

15: "But what about you?" Jesus asked. "Who do you say I am?"

16: Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

17: Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven. 18: And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. 19: I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."
So, this is when Catholics say the Catholic Church was founded, with St. Peter as our first Pope. So now, let's go back through time from the present day.

Please open this site before looking at the next part of my argument. http://www.religioustolerance.org...

So, if we take a look at this chart, we can see most of the major denominations listed by date founded. If you look at the very top of the chart, you will see both Catholicism and Orthodox, who we do not consider Protestant. Catholicism is the only denomination that has not "split" from any other denomination, it is the original faith. It is the same faith as the Apostles and the Church Fathers.
Posted by PikaNAW 8 months ago
PikaNAW
Ok
Posted by mandorangerwolf777 8 months ago
mandorangerwolf777
Thanks. Today is super busy too, but I should get it by tonight.
mandorangerwolf777
Thanks. Today is busy too, but I should get it by tonight.
Posted by PikaNAW 8 months ago
PikaNAW
I will just make a new debate, is that ok?
mandorangerwolf777
Very sorry I had a super busy weekend and didn't get to it. If you like I can post my argument here.
Posted by PikaNAW 8 months ago
PikaNAW
Hi. Acuna and I are debating in a separate debate after this, so no worries. I look forward to this. :)
mandorangerwolf777
so I think Acuna didnt actually accept and I did not see this till after I did. Sorry.

I am a Church of Christ highschooler.
greetings.
Posted by Acuna00 8 months ago
Acuna00
Yeah, we can :)
Posted by dsjpk5 8 months ago
dsjpk5
Amen, brother!
Posted by dsjpk5 8 months ago
dsjpk5
Amen, brother!