Church_of_Christ_Member
Confucius91

The Catholic Church practices Christianity

Church_of_Christ_Member

Con

The Catholic Church, also known as the Roman Catholic Church, is the world's largest "Christian church", claiming more than a billion members but does not practice Christianity because of its doctrines, practices, and beliefs which are false and not according to the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ. These are the Catholic doctrines, practices, and beliefs which are still practiced by the Roman Apostolic Catholic Church until today:

1. Using statues and graven images during their worship, and kneeling to them when they pray.
2. Claiming Apostle Peter as the first pope.
3. Using the Latin language during the priests' sermons.
4. Calling the priests "Father."
5. Naming the pope as "Holy Father" and claiming him as the Vicarius Filii Dei or Vicar of the Son of God (substitute of Christ here on Earth).
6. Praying in repetition and using the rosary to do it.
7. Prohibiting priests in marrying.
8. Claiming Mary The Mother of Jesus as an intercessor or mediator other than Christ, and naming her as "The Queen of Heaven," "Mother of God," etc..
9. Baptizing infants.
10. Praying or interceding for the dead.
11. Bowing down to the pope.
12. Pouring water on the heads, instead of immersing in water, and calling it the act of baptism.
13. Only the priests can drink the wine during the Lord's Supper, and the members are not allowed hence they are allowed to eat the bread only.
14. Believing in purgatory.
15. Praying and worshiping to saints (dead saints) and to Mary The Mother of Jesus.
16. Claiming that the Bible is not a sufficient proof for doctrine.
17. Celebrating feasts for the saints (dead saints) as a sign of worship to them and celebrating Christmas or the birth of Christ on December 25.
18. Adding and taking away anything in the Bible.
19. Traditions made by men.

I think these are just some of the doctrines, practices and beliefs (false doctrines, practices and beliefs to be exact). I will state my reasons and prove why the given Catholic doctrines, practices and beliefs are false and not profitable for salvation, by using of course the Holy Scriptures, which is the Bible in the next round.
A billion of people are fooled and lost due to this religion and if you're a Catholic, which you are Mr. Confucius91, and if you will not change (your beliefs, your practices, your religion), James 4:17, "Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is a sin."(NKJV) If you know that the doctrines , practices and beliefs of your religion are wrong and if you won't leave your religion, just like James 4:17 says, you know what to do and you don't do it, you have sinned.
Seek for a church, which is the Church of Christ, that teaches pure salvation and does not teach and practice man-made doctrines and traditions.
May this be a good debate and God bless you Sir.
Confucius91

Pro

I thank my opponent for his challenge. I have a few comments before our debate begins:

1. I ask my opponent that he will refrain from using the "Shotgun"-tactic. He has listed 19 accusations against Catholicism and I will not be able to provide a good answer to all of them at once in 8000 characters.
In my last Catholic vs. Protestant-debate, I kept my arguments down to 3-4 and so did my opponent. So I hope that we will have a debate based on quality rather than quantity.

2. "I will state my reasons and prove why the given Catholic doctrines, practices and beliefs are false and not profitable for salvation, by using of course the Holy Scriptures, which is the Bible in the next round"

My opponent seems to be presupposing Sola Scriptura and private judgement. He must first justify these assumptions. If not, he will be begging the question.

3. I'd prefer Mr. Lindgren-Andersen :)

Good luck to my opponent and good entertainment for the voters.
Church_of_Christ_Member

Con

I'm so sorry Mr. Confucius91 for not responding to our debate, may I ask you if we could restart the debate? Because I have so many things to do these days.

I'll just send you a new debate challenge with the same topic. Please accept it...

Thank you and God bless you.
Confucius91

Pro

Confucius91 forfeited this round.
Church_of_Christ_Member

Con

Church_of_Christ_Member forfeited this round.
Confucius91

Pro

Confucius91 forfeited this round.
Church_of_Christ_Member

Con

Confucius91

Pro

Confucius91 forfeited this round.
Church_of_Christ_Member

Con

Confucius91

Pro

Confucius91 forfeited this round.
Posted by DAN123 5 years ago
DAN123
i agree with you reformed!
Posted by ReformedArsenal 5 years ago
ReformedArsenal
Wow... this initial argument shows a remarkable ignorance of Catholic doctrines. This should be interesting.
Posted by DAN123 5 years ago
DAN123
but i think this debate should be based on Holy scriptures.. as the topic is pointing Christianity.
Posted by DAN123 5 years ago
DAN123
this will be a good debate....pro is right about saying "So I hope that we will have a debate based on quality rather than quantity. " good luck to you two!!