TheLadyofTheInternet
Ibbi

The Chicken Came Before The Egg

TheLadyofTheInternet

TheLadyofTheInternet

Con

I have constructed the most hardest debate and I challenge you to just try and win (I too am being challenged). The round shall be acceptance.
Ibbi

Pro

The Chicken certainly came before the egg because all human reasoning has proved again and again that things cannot happen without origin, actions cannot happen without reason.
The origin of things come before the things themselves and it is thus that the Chicken came before the Egg because without the chicken, the egg would , and could not have come into being.
TheLadyofTheInternet

Con

Well on an evolutionary stand point the egg came before the chicken. Why you see the first actual chicken was created by it's predecessors the proto-chicken which came together when the mum laid the egg and dad fertilized it these two genes came together creating what we know as today's chicken or the closest predecessor. This of course meant the egg came into the world first with a chicken embryo inside it.

Websites:
http://tinyurl.com...
http://tinyurl.com...
Ibbi

Pro

Ibbi forfeited this round.
Posted by TheLadyofTheInternet 2 years ago
TheLadyofTheInternet
Bannanawamajama@ Yes I am. I'm basing my theory on evolution and that I believe the chicken egg came before the actual chicken i'm very curious to see other insights too I'd like to see a theory not based on religion though but people are still welcome. This a very well known debate and everyone has there own theory this is just mine.
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
Science solved this a long time ago... That first mutated egg which contained what grew into a chicken... Granted someone could argue that the egg shell itself was still pre-chicken.
Posted by Bannanawamajama 2 years ago
Bannanawamajama
Im considering accepting this challenge, but I'd like it if you could elaborate a bit on the conditions of the debate. For example, we are talking about whether the CHICKEN EGG came before the chicken right? Because obviously there were like fish eggs long before the chicken but thats not what this question is usually about, and I want to make sure you aren't planning on using a semantic loophole to support your position.
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 2 years ago
RoyLatham
TheLadyofTheInternetIbbiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made the correct argument and provided sources to support it. Con did not rebut the argument. The first round was for acceptance, to which Con agreed but did not follow. The forfeit is also a conduct violation. Con should not have created a debate with acceptance plus one round. A debate implies back-and-forth arguing, so at the minimum there should be two rounds of real debate. However, there is no rule against one, so it's not a conduct violation. Don't do it because it's lame.