RepublicanView333
crronaldo180

The Children Of Today Have An Edge Over The Adults In Exposure And Opportunities

Con Tied Pro

RepublicanView333

Con

This debate is interesting. We are definetly not the same America that we were 50 years ago. I think that with the change in media that we have really is making a change in the way the youth of America today interpret the way they want to grow up.

one example may be rap. The youth think that they can make it in life with a gun in one hand and a ho in another.(I'm not saying all rap but alot of it does incorprate that) It's wrong. We are moving into a America with no morales and a desire to get the easiest way out.

Maybe this has to do with the de christianing of America. In the America of old the youth were taught of having good morals and being a good person to go to heaven. Somehow somewhere it went wrong because now the youth of america aren't taught those morals. (not to down on those that do)

So what i mean by that is that the ambition might not be there in a lot of Americans from the Americans of old so that might be something in this debate
crronaldo180

Pro

Hey Kev,
Glad to debate you again, although you will probably slaughter my record.lol
The same point I made when I first accepted this debate was that kids can learn from what their ancestors and elders have done in the past. Then, when our generation has its turn to run the country, it can not make the bad decisions that our leaders before have done. For example, you think America is going to let some random guy come in (lets call him Radolf Bitler) and slowly take control of our political system? No. Now that the holocaust happened before us, we know how to prevent that from happening again.
Also, kids can see what successful people have done in the past to get high up on the food chain. If some kid wants to be the richest kid in the world, the can invest in the same companies that some rich guy did, and go to the same college, get the same degree. Soon we have a carbon copy of Donald Trump. Another case in financial possibilities is stocks. The richest guy in the world right now sits at home eating chips watching TV. All he had to do was watch the stocks on his computor and invest in a few good ones. Kids could hit it big in the stock market nowadays, where before it wsn't even close to the value it has now. Buisnesses are growing, all of America is growing, and with that, the money going into those stocks is growing.
Next, the real estate market is down. You can buy a residence pretty cheap nowadays, and all the time it is going down, making houses and apartments even cheaper for young adults growing up.Last, the minimum wage has been increasing alot in the past few years. It has a jump of a few cents every year. Also, all of the democrats are pushing it to become higher every day. Soon, kids will be able to work at shoprite or staples and have enough money to afford a nice car and apartment.
See ya Kev
Good luck
RepublicanView333

Con

Merry Christmas, (oops was I politically incorect :-o)lol

O.K. so i will dismantle your points and present a few of my own.

"The same point I made when I first accepted this debate was that kids can learn from what their ancestors and elders have done in the past. Then, when our generation has its turn to run the country, it can not make the bad decisions that our leaders before have done."

-This statement logically is a good one but in the real world logic doesn't always work out. in a perfect world every generation of people would be even bettr than the previous but simply this can never happen. Look at...Drugs for a example: Tons of people use majijuana, and Cocaine and Heroine. And there HAVE BEEN MANY deaths...in the past...that already happened...inwhich these kids and people would learn from and never do again. But yet there is still alot of people on drugs. According to your logic after that first person died noone will ever use drugs again...but that simple can not be...With all the horrible things that happen in the world. The kids of our age...(sometimes me included) say, "oh, that can never happen to me", hence unprotected sex transmiting Aids, youth alcohol, unprotected sex resulting in babies...(cough cough Jamie Lynn Spears, britneys sister)...My point in the world we live in simply won't accept that bad things can happen to them...until it actually happens to them.

"Also, kids can see what successful people have done in the past to get high up on the food chain. If some kid wants to be the richest kid in the world, the can invest in the same companies that some rich guy did, and go to the same college, get the same degree. Soon we have a carbon copy of Donald Trump. Another case in financial possibilities is stocks. The richest guy in the world right now sits at home eating chips watching TV. All he had to do was watch the stocks on his computor and invest in a few good ones. Kids could hit it big in the stock market nowadays, where before it wsn't even close to the value it has now. Buisnesses are growing, all of America is growing, and with that, the money going into those stocks is growing."

-Now this is a valid point but the stock market wasn't built yesterday the adults of yesterday had those oppurtunities. If anything ts less likely that kids will invest b/c of the...inactivity of it. People of today want to do something that they get out and about doing and enjoy doing. There aren't many people who would want to watch stocks all day. Oh and you will never...EVER have a carbon copy of Donald Trump...How can anybody EVEr get hair like that.
lol

"Next, the real estate market is down. You can buy a residence pretty cheap nowadays, and all the time it is going down, making houses and apartments even cheaper for young adults growing up.Last, the minimum wage has been increasing alot in the past few years. It has a jump of a few cents every year. Also, all of the democrats are pushing it to become higher every day. Soon, kids will be able to work at shoprite or staples and have enough money to afford a nice car and apartment."

-Now, I say this again...THE KIDS OF TODAY HAVE NO AMBITION. THEY DON'T WANT TO WORK. THEY WANT TO HANG BACK AND CHILL AND WAIT UNTIL THERE PARENTS KICK THEM OUT B4 THEY WORK...woo. That took some out of me. But hat really is how it is. There will be some kids like u me and righty who take advantage of that but this isn't the country it was when our parents lived in.

Dan, you have to realize that the youth of 2day... arent the same as in the past...the liberal media got to them...they are slack jawwed people who take rap seriously. You me, righty, and Zach $ are the lucky ones...The kids of 2day are not as ambitious and don't take the oppurtunities that are given to them...
Anywaysee u tomorrow...wait never mind I won't see u next year
crronaldo180

Pro

Hey Kev, happy holidays (there thats politically correct)
First, I disagree that things do change with time. Before, some drugs weren't illegal. For example, LSD. The Beatles used to do LSD and then sing about it in their music (LLucy in the SSky with DDiamonds). Now it has been illegalized. Also, cigarettes used to be huge, but over time, they banned them from the airwaves. Yes all of you people who don't know, thats why cigarettes are never on TV. Now, cigarette use is going down. Last, not very long ago, the Mitchell Report came out for baseball players on steroids. The administration (Bob Selig) is now ready to take serious action on any players in the report.
Also Kev, people wouldn't sit around all day if they don't want to. They can watch stocks when they feel like going on their computor, and work a good job at the same time. Before, I exagerated to make my point, but that's the great thing about this country. People can make a ton of money in the stock market, and then work a good job on top of it. This country has a ton of financial possibilities that come with it.
Last, I have to say that my brother is 17. He is the most lazy kid you will meet in your whole life and he works at Shoprite, probably the most boring place to work. But he loves to work. I mean, as soon as he turned sixteen he started putting in job applications. Kids like him want to get out of the house and earn some money of their own so they can have more freedom. Nowadays Kev, teenagers are so pleased with the thought of independance, driving in their own car, and hanging around with their friends any time they want, that they will work their butts off to get that privelidge.
Finally, I do agree that kids aren't the same and the media is getting to them very easily. I mean, anytime a little kid walks into a store he wants to get something just because he saw it on TV. But, alot of people are also working to filter out the media and make it into something positive. I think in a few years, the media will be a positive influence for America's youth.
See ya in 08 man. Have a great Christmas.
RepublicanView333

Con

RepublicanView333 forfeited this round.
crronaldo180

Pro

crronaldo180 forfeited this round.
Posted by bfl9000 8 years ago
bfl9000
THE KIDS OF TODAY HAVE NO AMBITION. THEY DON'T WANT TO WORK. THEY WANT TO HANG BACK AND CHILL AND WAIT UNTIL THERE PARENTS KICK THEM OUT B4 THEY WORK

How is this the fault of the kids? Parents should be 'kicking them out' for a paper route or another comparable job as soon as they are able - 13, 14, as soon as possible. Kids then learn 'ambition' through personal experience - if they don't care about education and self improvement, they be on that paper route for life.

Any continuing behavior, action or habit displayed by kids younger than 18, for good or ill, is entirely the fault and responsibility of the parents.
Posted by crronaldo180 8 years ago
crronaldo180
It was an awesome debate. We should do a poll on what people think for this one too. Its a really interesting debate.
Posted by RepublicanView333 8 years ago
RepublicanView333
No problem...i to had to do things that took from my debate time which to is why i forfeited

Great Debate
Posted by crronaldo180 8 years ago
crronaldo180
Yeh, so sorry about having to forfeit Kev. I was on a long vacation in New Hampshire and I couldn't get on the internet.
Posted by RepublicanView333 8 years ago
RepublicanView333
Well, luckily...for me...my opponent forfeited so we have an equal # of debates...
Posted by RepublicanView333 8 years ago
RepublicanView333
my bad 4 forfeiting...had Christmas stuff 2 do
Vote Placed by pcmbrown 7 years ago
pcmbrown
RepublicanView333crronaldo180Tied
Vote Placed by Lithobolos 8 years ago
Lithobolos
RepublicanView333crronaldo180Tied
Vote Placed by rocking_simply_me 8 years ago
rocking_simply_me
RepublicanView333crronaldo180Tied
Vote Placed by solo 8 years ago
solo
RepublicanView333crronaldo180Tied
Vote Placed by righty10294 8 years ago
righty10294
RepublicanView333crronaldo180Tied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
RepublicanView333crronaldo180Tied
Vote Placed by bfl9000 8 years ago
bfl9000
RepublicanView333crronaldo180Tied
Vote Placed by BB1 8 years ago
BB1
RepublicanView333crronaldo180Tied
Vote Placed by crronaldo180 8 years ago
crronaldo180
RepublicanView333crronaldo180Tied
Vote Placed by texasrulz10 8 years ago
texasrulz10
RepublicanView333crronaldo180Tied