crossfade102495
inferno

The Christian Bible (NIV) Is Inaccurate and Unreliable

crossfade102495

crossfade102495

Pro

I challenge my opponent inferno to this debate. He seems to be well-versed in the ideas and beliefs of Christianity and I hope that he will be a worthy opponent.

First round is for acceptance, second is for starting arguments, and third is for rebuttals.
inferno

Con

There are numerous eyewitnessed and personal accounts that give the Word Of God great relevancy.
To save us some time and energy see the link here. http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com...

These prophecies that you have already seen like the Israelites claiming their land during the 1960's, the beheading of Christians by Islamic terrorists, natural disasters that are taking place in unforseen and odd places.
It was said that there will be violence in the land (Earth) like the days of Noah. This is when Nephilum walked here as giants in human form. They are know as hybrids. See Genesis Chapter 6. They are the leaders and workers of darkness, principalities in high places. That means your politicians, teachers, world renowed scholars,spiritual advisors, and philosophers. They are in that group as well.
crossfade102495

Pro

I thank my opponent for accepting this debate. It seems as though he has already started the debate, but that's quite alright.

Point 1: The Bible has been changed multiple times.

The Christian NIV Bible which is used around the world today has been altered and picked apart many times over the years. A prime example of this is the verse of 1 John 5:7, which reads "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit: and these three are one." [1] However, this verse cannot be found in the original Greek manuscripts. It was added by the Catholic Church during the translation to Latin. Some scholars believe that this is because the Church was attempting to attract pagans who already believed in a type of "Trinity." Regardless, this is a prime example of the manipulation of the Bible that has occurred.

Point 2: The Bible contains contradictions.

When one begins to truly read into the Bible, they realize that it contains a multitude of contradictions. One such contradiction comes from the words of Jesus himself. He first said, "I and the Father are one." (John 10:30) Then he went on to later say, "You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." (John 14:28) [2] This is also another piece of evidence against the Trinity. There is a long list of contradictions which I do not wish to post here, so I provided the link.

I will allow my opponent a quick rebuttal and then make my final case as well as my own rebuttals.

1- http://www.yrm.org...
2- http://www.infidels.org...
inferno

Con

inferno forfeited this round.
crossfade102495

Pro

Arguments extended to this round.
inferno

Con

inferno forfeited this round.
Posted by KeytarHero 4 years ago
KeytarHero
I would not have taken this debate because while a decent translation, the NIV is one of the worst of the good translations.
Posted by inferno 4 years ago
inferno
No. You just discovered that you like all Atheists are void of understanding. Troll is such an overused and unfinfluential word. No wonder you are less than 10% of the worlds demographic.
Posted by crossfade102495 4 years ago
crossfade102495
How so? They appear fairly straightforward to me.
Posted by ConservativePolitico 4 years ago
ConservativePolitico
Those quotes by Jesus are woefully misinterpreted...
Posted by crossfade102495 4 years ago
crossfade102495
@Man-is-good I sort of jumped the gun with this one. I read a very small amount of his info and then discovered he's basically just a troll. Oh well...
Posted by Man-is-good 4 years ago
Man-is-good
"He seems to be well-versed in the ideas and beliefs of Christianity and I hope that he will be a worthy opponent."

....? How did you get the impression that Inferno is well-versed in the tenets of Christianity?
Posted by Apollo.11 4 years ago
Apollo.11
This should be an easy win for Pro.

If you lose, crossfade, you will have deserved it.
Posted by crossfade102495 4 years ago
crossfade102495
Precisely my thoughts. But there are some.... "disillusioned" people out there.
Posted by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
obviously pro is correct.
Vote Placed by Stephen_Hawkins 4 years ago
Stephen_Hawkins
crossfade102495infernoTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF, spelt words correctly, and made an argument.
Vote Placed by GenesisCreation 4 years ago
GenesisCreation
crossfade102495infernoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture. Automatic Conduct.