crossfade102495
justin.graves

The Christian God Can be Definitively Proven to Exist (Video Debate)

crossfade102495

Con

After a rather long hiatus, I'd like to become an active member of Debate.org once again. For my first debate, the question will be: "can the Christian God be proven to exist?"
Basically, the first round will be merely for acceptance. The second and fourth rounds will consist of arguments with NO rebuttals whatsoever. The third and fifth rounds will consist only of rebuttals or rebuttals of rebuttals, with NO new arguments. Each argument/rebuttal MUST be in the form of a video which will be uploaded to YouTube and linked to this site through the debate box. Either side may include comments or the like along with the video, but such comments absolutely cannot contain arguments. They may only contain sources, which will be one of the factors of determination for the voters as to who won this debate.
I am looking for serious contenders only. People who lack a true conviction to debate this are not welcome.
I shall be taking the "against" position- that is, that I believe it can NOT be proven that the Christian God exists.
In order to win this debate, PRO must provide conclusive proof (such that CON is not capable of refuting it) that the Christian God exists and said proof must fit to the approval of the voters. Therefore the burden of proof lies with PRO.
For CON to win this debate, every argument provided by PRO must be countered successfully and to the approval of the voters, while CON's arguments must also be irrefutable by PRO to the approval of the voters. Simply put, if CON can provide a proper counter to every argument and counter-argument provided by PRO, CON will be the victor. If the opposite occurs, PRO will be the victor.
The videos must be no longer than 6 minutes each (some wiggle room will be allowed e.g. 6 minutes, 15 seconds).
There will be no arguing of simple semantics. The Christian God will be defined as the God of the Holy Bible of Christianity.
I look forward to a challenging and engaging debate. If there are any aspects which need to be tweaked, feel free to bring them to my attention.
justin.graves

Pro

Cool idea, man. I like it. Accepted.
crossfade102495

Con

The video is just under 7 minutes long, but part of that was due to my acknowledgement of my opponent and a closing. My future videos will be more concise.

The Holy Bible, KJV
- 2 Thessalonians 1:6 "Seeing it is a righteous [also, "just"] thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you"
- Exodus 34:6 "And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth..."

Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy on the Problem of Evil: http://plato.stanford.edu...

Fordham University definition of miracles by David Hume: http://www.fordham.edu...
justin.graves

Pro

This was actually my first Youtube video ever as well... so, I did my best.
crossfade102495

Con

Source:

I give full and total credit to Stephen Hawking for this source and its contents--- http://www.hawking.org.uk...
crossfade102495

Con

I was not able to get a video up as quickly as I had hoped, and I'm deeply sorry for that. Regardless, here it is. Extremely concise.
justin.graves

Pro

OK, I'm really, really, really, really, really, sorry about this, but about three days after accepting this debate, I found out I was going to be working at a electronics free Christian camp for a whole week. I leave in three hours. So, I leave my opponent with two options:

1. He can have this debate. (i.e. I forfeit)

or

2. We can call this debate a tie and restart another one identical to this one to continue when I get back.

Either way... I'm off to wash dishes, clean toilets, and keep 2.5-foot-tall munchkins in line.

Thank you and good night.
crossfade102495

Con

I most definitely do NOT want my opponent to simply forfeit this debate; I was enjoying it far too much for that. Therefore, we will be deeming this round a tie until he returns from his laudable service work. We'll use the same videos in the next debate, but I ask the viewers of this particular debate to not vote.

Thank you for your time everyone. Also, I greatly appreciate my opponent's effort and intellect during this debate. Hopefully the next one will go more smoothly.

Remember, no voting.
justin.graves

Pro

justin.graves forfeited this round.
Posted by Magic8000 3 years ago
Magic8000
If I could vote on this one, I would've gave arguments to Justin. In R4 crossfade didn't defend his arguments.
Posted by justin.graves 3 years ago
justin.graves
Got my rebuttal ready too! :)
Posted by justin.graves 3 years ago
justin.graves
Already made both of my contention videos so no rebuttals would sneak in. :)