chengste
PotBelliedGeek

The Christian God and Islamic God are not the same

chengste

Pro

Very simple the God the Christians worship is not the same as the God the muslims worship, contrary to public belief, this is a to be only 3 rounds
PotBelliedGeek

Con

I will take this debate on the condition that we are discussing God the father, not Jesus or the holy ghost.
chengste

Pro

Your comment shows that you already agree with me, as a Christian Jesus is Lord to me.

The term Christian is from the Antiochs who used it as an insult, it litteraly means follower of Christ.

Jesus was crucified for blasphemy as recorded both in the Bible, Matt 26:65 and the writings of Josephus. What was His blasphemy? Jesus stated that He is the Son of God, as He put it when you see me you see the Father, John 14:9. Or He also states I and the Father are one, John 10:30. For a Christian I will tell you that Jesus is my Lord, my God, my Friend.

I see by your profile you are muslim which is good, it is simple as this. Are you willing to declare Jesus as Lord, that Jesus and Allah are one. If not this debate needs to end here for my point is proven.
PotBelliedGeek

Con

PotBelliedGeek forfeited this round.
chengste

Pro

To the Christian Jesus is Lord and as God He has the power to forgive sins
Matt. 9:4-6
" Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, "Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts? 5 Which is easier: to say, "Your sins are forgiven," or to say, "Get up and walk"? 6 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins." So he said to the paralyzed man, "Get up, take your mat and go home."

and in Mark 2:6-8
6 Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, 7 "Why does this fellow talk like that? He"s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?"

So for this reason and many others I as a Christian proudly say Jesus is Lord of all, King of Kings and jesus and the Father are one.

Again this debate was about the concept of the Christian God (Jesus Christ) and the Islamic God being the same, as I have told my oppenent this is easy for him to win all he needs to do is proclaim the Jesus and Allah are the same. Failure to do so will only prove they are not the same

When my oppenent fails to do this then there is no choice but to vote PRO
PotBelliedGeek

Con

This debate is cancelled. See comments for explanation.
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
Our justice system is really messed up.
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
A loophole?

For kidnapping someone? How
Posted by PotBelliedGeek 3 years ago
PotBelliedGeek
Mirah has been found and is in the hospital ATM. Some thirty year old devil had her. It looks like the bastard is gonna get away with it too, on a loophole.
Posted by chengste 3 years ago
chengste
no reply yet don't bother checking when I here from them I will track you down
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
@chengste:
No reply, yet?
If I don't get a reply in a few days, I'm going to stop checking this debate.
Posted by chengste 3 years ago
chengste
@Romanii
I have asked the administrators to investigate our debate, specifically the time period where you did not post on the debate, to validate if you posted other comments at the same time. If you did not I will happily post my apology however, if so I expect you to do the same. Stay tuned
Posted by PotBelliedGeek 3 years ago
PotBelliedGeek
Yea it has been a while. Her family didn't tell us untill a few days ago though. Thank you for your concern.
Posted by chengste 3 years ago
chengste
I hope they find Mira, she went missing on Dec. 19th so she has been gone a long time
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
Ah, okay. I'll just tie everything and ask people not to vote on this debate, then
Posted by PotBelliedGeek 3 years ago
PotBelliedGeek
Romanii, I greatly appreciate your support, but this debate was cancelled. I do not belive it is fair to vote on this debate.
Vote Placed by Beverlee 3 years ago
Beverlee
chengstePotBelliedGeekTied
Reasons for voting decision: The Debate cancelled
Vote Placed by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
chengstePotBelliedGeekTied
Reasons for voting decision: The debate was cancelled, so no votes should be placed on it. See comments for details.