attrition
FexHere

The Christian God cannot exist.

attrition

Pro

(This is the second posting of the same thesis because the first to accept wasn't sincere in taking up the challenge)

I am not an atheist. I think that the idea of god is so broad that one cannot, with 100% certainty say that 'God' does or does not exist. I certainly lean towards the general 'NO' to the question of Gods existence. Agnosticism has many different levels. Strong, nearly atheist, to weak, God probably exists I just don't know for sure. I found a definition of what I believe. Ignostic. Which means, the idea of god is debatable, it depends on you definition. Quantum physics has opened up an entirely new area of science that may one day definitively prove or disprove the existence of a higher power.

With that said, the Christian God cannot exist. The Christian god is supposedly; omnipotent, knowing all things past, present, and future; omnipresent everywhere and in everything at the same time; good, eternal, perfect and humans are made in his image. If this isn't the concept of the Christian God that the debater has, I put four rounds in so we can agree to the basic definition of the attributes the Christian God has. These seem to be the most widely understood attributes. (Consider references to god or the creator as the generic 'Christian God' for sake of typing)

The basic points:

1. The God of the Bible changes. The creator in the old testament is jealous, angry, vengeful, spiteful and demands utter adherence to his law with the threat of death and eternal damnation. The creator then lightens up in the new testament with the focus on the teachings of Jesus that leaned toward forgiveness and peace. How can an eternal creator change?

2. God knows the past present and future. If God knows the past present and future, wouldn't god have known that his creation would turn their backs on him? Since he knew the creation story would play out the way it did, what was the point of creation? Some sort of amusement for a bored entity? Which begs the question, how can god get bored?

3. God given freewill is a fallacy. God, knowing all things, must know all events and thoughts. God must have known before he even created the universe that Eve would eat from the tree of knowledge, bring Adam along and condemn the human race to struggle forever more with their very nature. If we have free will how can our decisions be wrong? If you are kidnapped and put in a cage, the captor does not give you freewill by saying, "I will let you out of the cage if from now on you follow my rules, if you don't you go back in the cage" Freewill is supposed to be free. Putting conditions on it no longer makes it free.

4. Many religions around the world exist. All very different. Muslims, Jews, Hindus, various sects of Christianity, Buddhists, and various tribal religions all with a different idea of what God is. (Or isn't in the case for many eastern religions). How can the Christian God exist in the face of all the opposing concepts? God can't be perfect if his creation can't even decide which god to believe in. God should have made it clearer.

5. God cannot answer prayers and therefore not a 'good' entity. Let's say too equally good, devout Christians pray for a victory in a baseball game. They are both very earnest in their prayers and find nothing wrong with praying for victory in a silly game. However, they have different teams. How does God choose who's prayer to answer? A simple concept, but if taken in the broader concept of humanity and it's wars, disease and general well being god must not and cannot interfere. Prayers can't be answered. If they can, then God chooses not to answer the prayers of millions of suffering people around the world, so by lack of interference allows the suffering of the innocent.

The Christian god cannot exist
FexHere

Con

understanding God is like a plea problem , insisting of knowing the Dogs name, his nature and belief. i think this understanding are beyond our knowledge. and we cannot deny the existence of God.. our brain can only hold up to 1/16 and nothing more. We cannot pathom God in single words or sentence.

2. All has its own religion. why? this is a manifestation that every human being is longing for God. By Asking a Questions Whether God exist or not is a true indication that we are trying to look for Him. Whether we are atheist or theist, we show our acceptance on him. why? for atheist, they deal more on process of creation and for theist deal more on creator. no conflict at all
"the more we deny, the more we are longing for Him" dealing on matter, is dealing with God of matter. we cannot see creator but we can see the creation.

like our brain, we cannot see but we can feel it.
Atheist or Theist? That's a freewill that God given to all.
we choose to deny Him, therefore we accept Him, because we use the freewill that he gave to us.

He knows the future, How? by evolution. a process of right arrangement of matter. Bring what is right for each creatures. If we insist the creation process we have to insist the creator.

He answers prayer. How? Use your freewill to know if this really happened.

We cannot deny God's existence. As long a we believe in something being Atheist or not, that is the manifestation of God.

choose it is free
attrition

Pro

attrition forfeited this round.
FexHere

Con

My opponent did not manage to rebut my assertion on alloted time. He failed to proved that Christian God does'nt exist.
attrition

Pro

attrition forfeited this round.
FexHere

Con

FexHere forfeited this round.
attrition

Pro

attrition forfeited this round.
FexHere

Con

FexHere forfeited this round.
Posted by Tatarize 9 years ago
Tatarize
Vi Veri, my goodness! That poor little girl!
Posted by Vi_Veri 9 years ago
Vi_Veri
There's also been a book written about Alice and her adventures in wonderland, johnrasheed. Think about it ;)
Posted by johnrasheed 9 years ago
johnrasheed
If the christain GOD does not exist why is there an entire book wrote about him and the things he done for his people. if you dont want to believe in him thats you i can honestly say that there is really a GOD.
Posted by Mangani 9 years ago
Mangani
Are you sure you want to debate why I'm an agnostic without you even knowing me? You don't seem to know the definition of an agnostic, nor do you seem to know that there is no codified belief system called "agnostic". Agnostic is a description of how you approach religious belief. Agnosticism is the belief in the absence of absolute knowledge, not the affirmation that God does or does not exist. I am not into having these discussions via commentary... I mean, this is a debate website. If you want to debate my beliefs, and you think you have even the slightest hint of what I believe in, then challenge me to a debate.
Posted by Agent_D 9 years ago
Agent_D
Im not saying that you're an athiest, i know that there's hidden in your heart that "quite" and might you believe in God. that's why you're an agnostic.
Posted by Mangani 9 years ago
Mangani
I'd be more than happy to debate you, though I am not sure how being agnostic translates into not believing in God...
Posted by Agent_D 9 years ago
Agent_D
mangani, your agnostic. is it ok if i challenge you into a debate? Im a christian and i believe in God. I have no doubt in Him.
Posted by Mangani 9 years ago
Mangani
Fex, I apologize... that comment was meant for attrition. I think you won this debate without debating. The premise is a false statement, period. No god adhere's to a religion, and therefore a "Christian god" cannot exist. The God of the Christians "can" exist, and therefore the premise is a false statement.
Posted by Mangani 9 years ago
Mangani
Fex, I am not a Christian and would like to debate you on this very topic. I don't believe you have a firm grip on the bible, and/or religion.
Posted by artC 9 years ago
artC
Turkish norm? What are you talking about. I'm from the Balkans.
Vote Placed by Vi_Veri 9 years ago
Vi_Veri
attritionFexHereTied
Vote Placed by Tatarize 9 years ago
Tatarize
attritionFexHereTied
Vote Placed by kato0291 9 years ago
kato0291
attritionFexHereTied
Vote Placed by Kals 9 years ago
Kals
attritionFexHereTied
Vote Placed by Devils_Advocate 9 years ago
Devils_Advocate
attritionFexHereTied
Vote Placed by liberalconservative 9 years ago
liberalconservative
attritionFexHereTied
Vote Placed by Agent_D 9 years ago
Agent_D
attritionFexHereTied
Vote Placed by alias_anubis3000 9 years ago
alias_anubis3000
attritionFexHereTied
Vote Placed by DoubleXMinus 9 years ago
DoubleXMinus
attritionFexHereTied
Vote Placed by pazmusik 9 years ago
pazmusik
attritionFexHereTied