octo
Link_of_Hyrule

The Christian God does not.exists

Link_of_Hyrule

octo

Pro

Let say you find a pocketwatch in the middle of the woods you pick it up. Now you would think look what someone made not look what nature did. You see someone greater then us must of made the earth and guiding it. It couldn't just of happened. I think I can prove God
exists and finally settle this topic once and for all.
Link_of_Hyrule

Con

Let me just clarify that you chose the wrong side of the argument for what you are trying to prove: You should have chosen the "Con" side for "The Christian God does not exist".

Anyway, I'm a bit disappointed that the only trick you have up your sleeve is the old pocketwatch argument, as if atheists have never heard that one before.
The reason you know that a person made the pocketwatch and not "nature" is that you already know how watches are made; you could gather the parts and build a watch yourself if you really wanted to. There are millions and millions of examples that you can physically observe which prove that watches are made by people.
What we DO NOT have millions and millions of observable examples of is the creation of the entire universe. Nobody has ever seen, nor do they have any reason to believe that the universe was created by a being simply because it is here. That is why the pocketwatch argument nonsensical and invalid.
Are we done here? I see no reason for this to go for 4 rounds.
octo

Pro

I'm so sorry I really messed up but I cant deabate you and you should read the Bible
Link_of_Hyrule

Con

While I don't claim to have read the Bible cover-to-cover, I know what it contains and I absolutely despise it. It teaches that human beings are worthless, hapless sinners who are absolutely nothing when compared to their almighty god; that mankind can do absolutely nothing without the constant guidance of a supreme being. As a firm believer in the ability of man, this philosophy sickens me. It also says we should stone adulters, homosexuals, "drunkard teenagers", and people who work on the Sabbath to death, but nobody everybody conveniently forgets those parts when quoting it.
The Bible repulses me.
octo

Pro

GOOD BEYListen
About stoning homosexuals drunken teenagers people who work on the sabbeth you see that is why Jesus Christ came down he was fully God yet he was also fully Man he left his throne and all his riches suffered and felt what you and I feel. He suffered and died for all the sinners so they do did not have to die both physically and spiritually. You we don't have to stone anymore because that debt is gone it is paid in full past present and future sins are no more Whom the son sets free is free indeed and the best part he died but now is has risen he conquered death death has no more sting and he will come back soon. And all the world will be fine

Now I hope you become a Christian but now I am leaving this debate.
Link_of_Hyrule

Con

You can not a prove single thing you just said. There is no proof that Jesus Christ even existed, much less that he performed all these spectacular miracles. There is not a single contemporary account of him in existence.
Furthermore, I find the idea of human sacrifice somehow cleansing other people of their sins to be appalling.
octo

Pro

octo forfeited this round.
Link_of_Hyrule

Con

Link_of_Hyrule forfeited this round.
Posted by Nels4Tats 3 years ago
Nels4Tats
You started the exact same debate with me, with the same exact opening. Could you be a little bit more original octo?
Vote Placed by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
octoLink_of_HyruleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeited (FF).