superbowl9
Improbswrong

The Christian God exists (6)

superbowl9

superbowl9

Con

This is a debate about whether or not the Christian god exists. I will be refuting arguments from my opponent, who will have the burden of proving that the Christian god is real.

The Christian god is the god as described by Jesus and the Bible.

Rounds 1-4 are all for claims, rebuttals, and counter-rebuttals.

Since I would not be able to refute my opponent's fourth-round claims, I request that they write "no round" in the fourth round of the debate.

You can use any type of evidence, or you could simply use logic and reasoning to make your arguments.

I await my opponent's arguments.
Improbswrong

Pro

We have Justin Beiber and Nicki Minaj and that for one is living proof that god exist and is grateful for us. Jaden Smith is also a proof of god and if you ever had a look at his twitter, then you wilil know their is a god.
superbowl9

Con

I'd appreciate non-troll arguments, if you have any.
Improbswrong

Pro

okay, who cares if the christian god exists or not. people have the right to believe in whatever they want and you shouldn't be the downer to oppose to other peoples belief. Christianity is not only about whether god exist or not, is also about respecting and being kind to one another.
you are one of those people who like to be negative towards everything and only look at one side of Christianity or any religion!
their is more to Christianity then god
superbowl9

Con

Although Pro's arguments are off-topic, I will respond to them.

"people have the right to believe in whatever they want and you shouldn't be the downer to oppose to other peoples belief."

Yes, people have the freedom of religion. If you don't want your beliefs to be opposed, don't flaunt them in public, put them on billboards, indoctrinate your children, or use your beliefs to oppose LGBT rights, start wars, or oppress atheists. If you are a Christian or person of faith who does not do these things and chooses to keep your religious views to yourself and out of your political standpoint, then good. I applaud you, continue living life the way you are now and I respect your beliefs, even if I find them somewhat misguided. However, as soon as your religion starts to try to recruit others or starts infringing upon other peoples' rights to marry or get contraceptives, that's when I'll call you out and start cutting down your beliefs.

You also say who cares if the Christian god exists? I do, and I'm sure many others do. I like debates about religion, and many Christians do, too, so as an add-on to my previous statement, I can say that even if there were no Christians who were infringing upon rights etc. I would still make these debates (if I still even knew as much about the subject) because I like to put my ideas out there and have them weighted against others', and I like to see what other people are thinking and use those ideas to go out and learn something new. That's why I debate.

Yes, I do have respect for some Christians. In fact, I'd say I have respect for most Christians. I believe that some of what the Bible teaches is amazing and I give my full support behind teachings like the good Samaritan and "thou shalt not kill." However, I cherry-pick moral values that I agree with from the Bible and treat it as a fictional work, much as I do with Aesop's Fables. When people start to bring this book into reality, that's when I start disagreeing with them, and when people say the Bible is infallible then I really start to call them out, as the Bible is not a perfect book.

I hope I gave you and everyone else a bit of a good insight as to why I do these debates and as to why I am an anti-theist. I am not against all religious people. I have many religious friends. However, in the words of Malcolm X,

"Though Islam is my religious philosophy, my political, economic, and social philosophy is Black Nationalism. You and I -- As I say, if we bring up religion we’ll have differences; we’ll have arguments; and we’ll never be able to get together. But if we keep our religion at home, keep our religion in the closet, keep our religion between ourselves and our God, but when we come out here, we have a fight that’s common to all of us against a [sic] enemy who is common to all of us."

I believe people should have the ability to set one or two differing beliefs of others aside, and to bond and discuss with people who hold different religious beliefs while still remaining good friends. This is why I can come away from debates happy and satisfied, because I know that two more people have gotten their opinion out there and I may have even made a new friend.

Of course there are times when I come away from debates feeling frustrated or unsatisfied, but there are always two sides to the coin and we have to deal with the bad times to get to the good times. There are a lot of skilled debaters and good people on this site, and I believe we should all get the chance to know each other.

Stay good, DDO.
Improbswrong

Pro

'In God We Trust'
superbowl9

Con

I fail to see how my opponents arguments in the third round would qualify as arguments.

I am grateful to have had this debate as I got to clear up some important things about the very nature of these debate and get my opinion out there.

Obviously Pro didn't uphold his BoP, so vote meh.
Improbswrong

Pro

This is a stupid debate. You have no evidence that god exists and neither do I.
Good debate though.
Posted by KhalifV 3 years ago
KhalifV
LOLOL Con is going to be 100- 0 in no time
Posted by realsinghshady 3 years ago
realsinghshady
Another easy win for the con.
Posted by Vexorator 3 years ago
Vexorator
Not sure if troll, or just being honest?
Posted by KhalifV 3 years ago
KhalifV
Another free win?
Craig is good but dishonest and gets demolished by any physicist or cosmologist and frank turek is abysmal.
Posted by JakeFertig 3 years ago
JakeFertig
Pro is gonna lose. I'm a Christian but debaters like Pro make me question my faith. Luckily there are people out there like Dr. William Lane Craig and Frank Turek.
Vote Placed by AlternativeDavid 3 years ago
AlternativeDavid
superbowl9ImprobswrongTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't make any real arguments.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 3 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
superbowl9ImprobswrongTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro should try to make arguments next time.
Vote Placed by Theunkown 3 years ago
Theunkown
superbowl9ImprobswrongTied
Reasons for voting decision: Take a look at this: "you wilil know their is a god" "their is more to Christianity then god" Those statements with terrible grammar and spelling were made by Pro hence S&G to Con. Conduct to Con for what should be obvious reasons, Pro was trolly and went off topic. This also results in Arguments to Con.