superbowl9
LifeMeansGodIsGood

The Christian God exists (8)

superbowl9

superbowl9

Con

This is a debate about whether or not the Christian god exists. I will be refuting arguments from my opponent, who will have the burden of proving that the Christian god is real.

The Christian god is the god as described by Jesus and the Bible.

Rounds 1-4 are all for claims, rebuttals, and counter-rebuttals.

Since I would not be able to refute my opponent's fourth-round claims, I request that they write "no round" in the fourth round of the debate.

You can use any type of evidence, or you could simply use logic and reasoning to make your arguments.

This debate is not about providing definitive proof either way, but more providing valid evidence that the Christian god exists.

I await my opponent's arguments.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

There is only one God, the Creator of everything. He came down from heaven in the form of a man, the Son of God, and died in your place. He was conceived in Mary by His Holy Spirit. After He gave Himself as the payment for your sins in order for God to be just in executing Judgement in eternal torment against sinners, He rose from the grave willing to forgive and be the justifier of all who admit that they deserve to die for their sins, believe He did not deserve to die but He died to pay for your sins, and call on God to save them. It's as easy as A, B, C. You can be saved from the fire of Hell wihich is the penalty attached to your sin. You have no hope apart from what God did for you. Without Him, all you have is death. Death is separation from God from sin. All sinners will be cast away in the Lake of Fire where they cannot ever again disrupt the beauty and perfection of God's heaven and His creation. If you reject what God did for you in Jesus Christ, He will be your Judge after you refused Him as your Saviour, and you will be rejected by Him like stinking garbage. Sin stinks. It belongs in the fire of Hell. God took your sin on Himself because He loved you so much He died in your place so you can be saved from Hell. See? There is no other God, there is no other Saviour, the hope of the world is Jesus.

You have no excuse for rejecting God. The invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead (The Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit); so that they are without excuse: because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

You can say you don't have enough evidence to believe in God, but God won't buy that excuse and it won't get you out of death and Hell. You need to be saved; it's as easy as A, B, C.

No further arguments.
superbowl9

Con

Thank you, Pro, for summarizing the Christian extremists' beliefs.

Pro has not actually provided any evidence for god except to say, "God exists, therefore god exists."
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Dear Opponent,

I hope you have the guts to read all of this carefully. If you like, you can simply say I have provided no evidence of God and not read another word from this argument. I see no evidence that you read anything from my first argument, I am adding nothing to my argument, so I conclude with no further argument. You have no excuse for not believing in God. The evidence He gives you, as stated in my argument and not added to or recanted by me, leaves you without excuse. The evidence you are ignoring is "......God, the Creator of everything"

1) To start with, let's say your name is John. I would not spell your name as john, as it may imply that you solicits prostitutes. Even if you really are a john, you still are a person and deserve the respect of being called John as a person. If I say you are john, being meat for a prostitute, I am ignoring the fact that the john is John, a person. God is God, not god. John may be a john, but God cannot be god. He is God, and He cannot be less than God.

2) I have to agree with you that I am not providing evidence for God. That is not possible, it's not my job. God has, does, and always will provide His own evidence. You are ignoring God's evidence which I did mention in the first argument by saying. "...God, the Creator of everything." Since you are ignoring the evidence I will elaborate on the evidence God has provided which I did mention.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, (Romans 1:18-22)

You are unrighteous in your attitude denying God, and God's wrath is revealed from heaven against you who is a dead man walking and talking under God's judgement against his sin. All unrighteousness is sin. You have no excuse for ignoring the evidence God has provided of, for, and by Himself.

God loves you and He is giving you time to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ so you can be saved from the fire of Hell. You are running out of time, and God will run out of patience with you if you keep on saying He is not there.

I am not trying to present evidence for God. That's not my job. It's your job to prove the fire of Hell is not real and hot, and you can never get the job done. If you never stop trying to prove that the fire of Hell is not real and hot, you will find out that you wasted all of your time trying to make yourself feel good about yourself until you lost everything and you will still make the same silly arguments against God because you won't find evidence of Him in the fire of Hell. Even in those moments when your knees bow against your will and without your approval or permission, and you say "Jesus Christ is Lord", giving God the glory He will get from all of His creatures at the sound of His name, you still will refuse to acknowledge God is God because you will never change. If you won't be born again of God's Holy Spirit by receiving Jesus Christ the Lord as your Saviour before your death is finalized, you will never hear or receive anybody or anything that can change you, and you will forever say there is no evidence for God.
Again, I'm not arguing as I stated: No further arguments. It is not my job to provide evidence of or for God. He has given you all the evidence you need to know He is there and to know Him personally. The problem is that you do not want to acknowledge Him, because you know if you accept that God is who He says He is, then you must bow to Him. You don't want to bow to Him because you are enjoying yourself too much, even though you can never really find satisfaction beyond the gratification of a moment. Somehow you think it is better to enjoy the pleasures of perverting justice and judgement so you can feign innocence and make excuses for your own bad behaviour.

Repeating, (with an added explanation of "repent": God loves you and He is giving you time to repent (be sorry for being stubborn and change your mind, turn around and go the opposite direction toward God instead of the way you are going away from God) and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ so you can be saved from the fire of Hell. You are running out of time, and God will run out of patience with you if you keep on saying He is not there.
superbowl9

Con

My opponent has admitted that he can provide no evidence in favor of God.

This causes me to think that he did not read my first round arguments, as he has accused me of doing.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Dear Opponent, I hope you have the guts to read all of this carefully. If you like, you can simply say I have provided no evidence of God and not read anothrer word from this arguement. I see no evidence that you read anything from my first argument, so it is repeated at the end of this argument. I am adding nothing to my argument, so I conclude with no further argument. You have no excuse for not believing in God. The evidence He gives you, as stated in my argument and not added to or recanted by me, leaves you without excuse.

1) Let's say my opponents name is John. I would not spell my opponents name as john, as it may imply that he solicits prostitutes. Even if my opponent really is a john, he still is a person and deserves the respect of being called John as a person. God is God, not god. John may be a john, but God cannot be a god. He is God, and He cannot be less than God.

2) I have to agree with my opponent that I am not providing evidence for God. That is not possible, it's not my job. God has provided His own evidence. My opponent ignores God's evidence, which I did mention in the first argument, by saying. "...God, the Creator of everything." Since my opponent is ignoring the evidence and claiming none provided in the first argument, I will elaborate on the evidence God has provided which my opponent is ignoring.

My opponent is unrighteous in his attidtude denying God, and God's wrath is revealed from heaven againt my opponent who is a dead man walking and talking under God's judgement against his sin. All unrighteousness is sin. My opponent has no excuse for ignoring the evidence God has provided of Himself.

Again, I'm not arguing as I stated: No further arguments. It is not my job to provede evidence of Godl He has given you all the evidence you need to know He is there and to comhe problem is that you do not want to acknowledge evidence because you know if you accept that God is who He says He is, then you must bow to Him. You don't want to bow to Him because you are enjoying yourself too much, even though you can never really find satisfaction beyond a the gratification of a moment. Somehow you think it is better to enjoy the pleasures of pervering justice so you can feign innocency and make excuses for your own bad behaviour. I am not trying to present evidence for God. That's not my job. It's your job to prove the fire of Hell is not real and hot, and you can never get the job done. If you never stop trying to prove that the fire of Hell is not real and hot, you will find out you wasted all of your time trying to make yourself feel good about yourself untill you lost everything and you will still make the same silly arguments agaisnt God because you won't find evidence of Him in the fire of Hell. Even in those moments when you bow against your will, and you say Jesus Christ is Lord, giving God the glory He will get from all of His creatures, you still will refuse to acknowledge God is God because you will never change. If you won't be born again of God's Holy Spirit by receiving Jesus Christ the Lord as your Saviour, before your death is finalized, yoyu will never hear or recieve anybody or anything that can change you.
superbowl9

Con

LMGIG has once again refused to debate, and thus has not upheld his BoP.

Vote con
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Dear opponent,

Are you sure it's me who is refusing to debate? In round 1, I said .".....God, who created all things" . Technically, it's called the Cosmological Argument. Creation, the whole universe is God's evidence. I cannot provide the universe, it is there. God provides it, and you reject it as evidence of God.
In Round 2, I elaborated on this evidence from God. In Round 3, I repeated and again elaborated on this evidence. All the way through this non-debate, you have refused to say anything to rebut or counter the evidence God provides for Himself in His creation. You are pretending that I am the one refusing to debate. You completely ignored the cosmological argument which I presented from the beginning of this debate. I think you were either afraid to debate or you were not reading my arguments, or both. You have no excuse for ignoring God's evidence in His creation, and whatever your excuse is for not arguing against the cosmological argument, it's a very poor one.

Who provided better arguments? Pro
Who had better conduct? Pro......my opponent refused to argue while accusing me of not arguing.

Who had better spelling and grammar.......well, my opponent said next to nothing in each round but still failed to spell God right.

Who used better sources? Pro......The Bible and the universe are pretty good sources, my opponent sat on his hands and used no source other then his own bad attitude to accuse me of not debating while he refused to debate.

Who did you agree with before the debate? well, most people agree with my opponent, but this category is 0 points.
Who did you agree with after the debate? probably my opponent still, but if you are honest, you will give me the points for better arguments, better conduct, and better sources.
Posted by superbowl9 3 years ago
superbowl9
Np
Posted by Jellon 3 years ago
Jellon
@super bowl
I should have explicitly stated I was responding to codedlogic's insult. My bad.
Posted by superbowl9 3 years ago
superbowl9
"This debate is not about providing definitive proof either way, but more providing valid evidence that the Christian god exists."

Is this good enough for you, Jellon?
Posted by Jellon 3 years ago
Jellon
If you want to debate me as pro on the topic, "the Christian God doesn't exist", then I'll gladly accept the challenge. You see the problem is, it's very hard to prove the existence or non-existence of the Christian God. I believe there is enough intellectual knowledge for someone to believe what they want. You cannot prove the Christian God beyond the shadow of doubt, but you can show it reasonable to believe.
Posted by Jellon 3 years ago
Jellon
There are a ton of people bad at logic on this site, and they aren't all Christians. I had a debate on the topic is it possible that God exists, and I was dinged for not proving the existence of God. If you don't see why that is bad logic, perhaps you have bad logic too.
Posted by Codedlogic 3 years ago
Codedlogic
Oh look at that, another Christian who can't put together a simple logical argument. Is it being a Christian that makes so many people bad at logic or is it being bad at logic that makes so many people Christian?
Posted by BrutalB 3 years ago
BrutalB
mayne*
Posted by BrutalB 3 years ago
BrutalB
right on maybe
Posted by superbowl9 3 years ago
superbowl9
Don't worry, I definately will.

Many more times.
Posted by BrutalB 3 years ago
BrutalB
I feel as though Superbowl9 should redo this one so i can pick up the slack that the extremists left
Vote Placed by Jellon 3 years ago
Jellon
superbowl9LifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: The logical default for a truth claim is agnosticism. In this debate, pro is making the truth claim, leaving the BoP on him, not on Con who asserts no truth claims. Pro has explicitly stated he has not provided evidence, thus he clearly losses this debate. As a theist, I'm sad to see such a poor defense. This sort of conduct encourages skepticism by making theists look bad.
Vote Placed by Codedlogic 3 years ago
Codedlogic
superbowl9LifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro argued that Con already knew that God existed and therefore God exists. Con showed this to be both unfounded and circular reasoning. Conduct points to Con as Pro failed to leave the final round blank.
Vote Placed by Vexorator 3 years ago
Vexorator
superbowl9LifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro admitted that he cannot provide evidence for the existence of the Christian God.