The Christian God exists

I believe that the God from the Bible does not exist.

(Christian) God; The omnipotent,, omniscient being that created the Universe according to the Bible. He supposedly created all life, and Heaven.

Omnipotent; Able to do anything and everything (ignoring the unliftable rock)

Omniscient; Knows everything about the Past, Present, and potential Futures.

Exists; has objective being within our Universe.

1. A forfeit counts as a concession to the opposing side's case, especially in Round 5.
2. No trolling, kritiks, semantics, etc.
3. God must be A) Omnipotent, B) Omniscient, and C) Proven to be in our Universe right now, for Pro to win. If at least two of these criteria isn't sufficiently met, then Con (Me) wins.
4. Burden of Proof is shared. Con must prove that the Christian God doesn't exist, and isn't Omnipotent, Omniscient, and currently watching us. Pro must prove all these criteria to be true.
5. No new arguments in the 5th round.

I will begin my arguments in Round 2. I await my opponent.

You are so very wrong. You are wronger than any human in the whole world. God is real and I will prove it. Read the Bible! I accept your debate.

My opponent seems to believe in the Christian God, and the Bible, very strongly. I do hope he has a good argument suggesting the following criteria to be true:

1. God is Omnipotent; able to do everything.

2. God is Omniscient; knows everything from the distant past, to what the year 2025 will be like.

3. God is watching over us as of right now.

I will attempt to prove all of these to be false, and Pro must prove these to be true. If Pro is able to prove at least 2 of these criteria, he wins. With that, let's get into this!

Point 1; God lacks Omnipotence.

We have over 7 billion people on Earth, and at least 10 people die each 24 hour cycle, I believe. Either by natural causes, or even murder. Murder is considered a sin. God doesn't approve of sin. From this, we can deduce the following:

P1: If God is omnipotent, murder doesn't have to happen.
P2: Murder happens every 24 hour cycle.
C1: Therefore, God can't be omnipotent.

If God is omnipotent, then why create a universe with death? Apparently, God got fed up with Man's constant sinning, so he made us mortal. If he's able to make us mortal, why not make us without sin entirely?

P4: If God is omnipotent, then he can make a sinless Universe.
P5: He didn't make a sinless Universe.
C1: Therefore, God can't be omnipotent.

God must be omnipotent, according to the definition. I've shown this isn't likely the case.

Point 2: God lacks caring qualities.

Continuing from my previous point, we can deduce that God probably doesn't care all that much. If God isn't caring, then why assume he's watching over all our shoulders?

P1: If God created the Universe, he can remove Adolf Hitler from existence.
P2: God did make the Universe.
C1: God is able to remove Hitler.

P3: God is able to remove Hitler for mankind.
P4: Hitler was not removed.
C2: Therefore, God doesn't mind Hitler torturing everyone.

Seriously, God? Not removing the evil of World War II? I don't see any other explanation than these three. Either:

1: God was unable to remove Hitler, and the Bible exaggerated his Omnipotence.
2: God didn't mind Hitler, and let him reign tyranny over Germany.
Or 3: Both?

Pro must choose from one of these 3 options.

Point 3: God might not be Omniscient.

It seems I am linking my points together. If God is Omniscient, then why does Man sin? All sorts of crazy, bloody, events happened; The Boston Massacre, World Wars, plagues, racism... God could've prevented all this, had he seen these coming beforehand.

Point 4: Judging God.

1: If God is Omnipotent and Omniscient, then why'd he allow the events I listed, happen? Answer: He likely doesn't care.
2: If God cares (Therefore watching us), then why'd he restrict our powers to mere mortals? Answer: He likely isn't able to... or thought mortals are better than Superman.
3: If God is Omniscient, then what does he say Pro will respond with?

Answer: Find out, next round. Let's hear what Pro has to say as to God's Omnipotence, Omniscience, and him caring enough to watch us. He must be able to prove 2 of those 3 factors true.

NCAR forfeited this round.

I'll let the first forfeit pass. NCAR must post his argument for God's existence in Round 3, though, or else he loses.

I would also like to say this: If The Bible proves the Christian God's existence, Pro needs to point out which part logically proves God's existence. The Bible can not only say "God did this and that", the Bible needs to show logic pointing to Omnipotence, Omniscience, and caring. Sure, the Bible could have been God's word, but who's to say God didn't lie to us?

NCAR forfeited this round.

Pro has not made an argument. Extend mine.

NCAR forfeited this round.

I saw this debate about whether God exists, and Con made great points that I might use next time I make a debate like this.

NCAR forfeited this round.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 6 months ago
NCAR has 24 hours left to post his argument. Remember that a forfeit is a concession.
Posted by canis 6 months ago
Yes. You just have to read the book..
Posted by jglass841 6 months ago
That is the same logic as stating that pink unicorns exist.
1. The word 'pink' exists
2. The word 'unicorns' exists.
3. Pink unicorns exist.
That is false logic.
Posted by jglass841 6 months ago
Genarally, the BoP is on Pro. Logically speaking, a Christian would have to prove that God does exist, and the atheist has to prove nothing.
Posted by canis 6 months ago
The word "christian" does exist..The word "god" does exist.... And so does bnemkt..So... What ever you want to exist..Exist....
Posted by sengejuri 6 months ago
Neither side will be able to meet the BoP you've assigned...
Vote Placed by Kescarte_DeJudica 5 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con was the only one who debated. Pro forfeited each round, which means a concession according to rule #1. Nobody used listed any resources, so that is a tie. Otherwise, Con wins.