jared_edington
Jeong_Donghyun

The Christian God is Purely Man-Made

jared_edington

Pro

I am of the position that the Christian God is purely man-made. This is to say that he is entirely false and holds no truth. I would like to thank whoever it is that accepts this debate challenge.
Jeong_Donghyun

Con

Very interesting viewpoint you have regarding this topic. I, being a devout Christian, believe that God created man, not other way around.
There will be two parts to this argument: why God is real and why God does hold truth.

God: Man-made or Divine?
Bible
Bible, as you must know, is not a book. It is a collection of books, written by people inspired by God. These books were written in various different time periods, with oldest being written during 3500 B.C. to the most recent one being written during 95 A.D. The authors of these books did not decide to sit around one day and come up with an amazing religion called Christianity. The authors wrote as they were inspired by God. Amazingly, all the books fit perfectly, like a puzzle. Not one contradicts, and all the prophesies in the Old Testament regarding the events of the New Testament has been fulfilled. One man could not have possibly put together such an amazing collection. What is the most logical explanation? God has worked his miracle.

Interesting verses in the Bible
Many people think that Galileo Galilei came up with the theory that Earth is round. They also believe that Bible states that Earth is flat, as the Roman Catholic Church of 1600s claimed. However, this is not true. In fact, in books in Old Testament (that is, around 2000 B.C.), such as Book of Job or Isaiah, which states that the Earth is round. This is quite amazing, considering how in 2000 B.C., God informed mankind that the Earth is round. (Isaiah 40:22, Job 26:7)

The two arguments above explains why a man or group of men could not have written the Bible, and therefore could not have created God. I have presented some logical arguments regarding why Bible is true. Of course this isn't even close to all the reasons why God is not man-made, but these are some arguments that even atheists should be able to see logic within.

Does God hold the truth?
Does God hold the truth? There are many religions in the world, and as a Christian I love everyone, even the non-Christians. However, I must say that most religions have certain flaws, whereas Christianity doesn't. For the sake of respecting other people, I will not vilify other religions. If you will point out flaws in Christianity and God in subsequent rounds, I will be more than happy to respond. Other than that, I don't see how I can defend this point better. I know this is not my best argument, so please improve it by giving me flaws to clarify and defend.

What is truth? There are varying answers for this seemingly innocent question. According to Bill Meacham, a PhD in philosophy, truth is something that is internally consistent, congruent with our experiences, coherent with other truths, and useful. Christianity is internally consistent, as I have mentioned in my previous argument. Christianity is congruent with our experiences; what from your daily life can you find that contradicts the Bible? Nothing, I assure you. Christianity is coherent with other truths, seeing how Christianity was the beginning of all truths. Christianity is obviously useful. Bible and God give us purpose in life. We are more than mere chemicals joined in a certain way; we are beings with the image of God himself. Of course, these secular definitions of truth does not define Christianity. I am only giving you a response to your philosophical question.

I am delighted to be able to discuss this sort of topic. I am eager to hear your arguments for round 2.
jared_edington

Pro

jared_edington forfeited this round.
Jeong_Donghyun

Con

It is quite unfortunate that my opponent could not post his next argument. I assume that the time did not allow him. I will refrain from posting new argument this round, as to allow my opponent equal chance to debate.
jared_edington

Pro

jared_edington forfeited this round.
Jeong_Donghyun

Con

Jeong_Donghyun forfeited this round.
jared_edington

Pro

jared_edington forfeited this round.
Jeong_Donghyun

Con

Jeong_Donghyun forfeited this round.
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
Man has made thousands of gods over thousands of years and all have been proven to exist through Faith, and then through the acceptance and understanding of reason these same gods have been proven myths.
Posted by TheWORDisLIFE 1 year ago
TheWORDisLIFE
All religion was created by man, including christianity