twocupcakes
Spock

The Christian God is immoral

twocupcakes

Con

I will be arguing that the Christian God is moral. My opponent will argue that the Christian God is immoral. I will be defending the Christian God. I feel that the bulk of this debate will be me refuting arguments from Pro. I feel that i generally will be defending Bible verses.

4 rounds, 72 hours response, 8000 characters. My opponent is welcome to start arguing in round 1, or use it just for acceptance. It is 4 rounds, so if someone is too busy, 1 round can be passed, however if someone needs to pass a round, type something in, don't let it go to "forfeit". If you let it go to "forfeit" you should lose points.

Spock

Pro

I accept. Good luck.
twocupcakes

Con

Thank you for accepting the debate, should be good. Good luck man.

The Bible describes God as good and loving.

Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is GOOD; for His loving kindness is everlasting (Psalms 107:1)

Afterward the sons of Israel will return and seek the LORD their God and David their king; and they will come trembling to the LORD and to His GOODness in the last days (Hosea 3:5).

John 4:8-10 (God is love; and how God showed His love)

The general consensus among Christians is that God is all good.

The churches describe God as all good. [1] Also, he is all powerful and all knowing.

God does good things for mankind

God gave men enternal life. Giving people enternal life is a nice thing to do. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3-16

God created men. It is good that God created us. He also created us because he loves us. "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." Genesis 1:26-27

By definition, the Christian God is all good. The churches and the Bible claim God loves mankind and is all Good. God have humans an afterlife and created us. The Christian God is a good moral God.

[1] http://www.sbc.net...

Spock

Pro

Spock forfeited this round.
twocupcakes

Con

Extend arguments, Vote for me
Spock

Pro

I apologize. I'm going to go ahead and forfeit this debate. There's been something wrong with my account lately and I can hardly ever post. I was told this was fixed. My apologies.
twocupcakes

Con

okay cool, if you want to debate it at a later time just let me know
Spock

Pro

FF. Thank you very much, and I apologize for the trouble.