UnhookedSchnook
Grandzam

The Christian god exists and rules over the universe - read rules

Grandzam has forfeited round #2.

UnhookedSchnook

Con

My opponent must be a Christian that believes in every word of the bible. They must construct one strong evidence-based argument that proves the existence of their god. If my opponent or I disagree with one another (which we most likely will) we must post a refute/defence. I will not post any points as to why being an atheist is best as we do not have the burden of proof. If my opponent agrees with me I win, if I agree with them they win, if we disagree the voters are suggested to look for any violations of my rules and/or see if his argument holds up to my refutes.

Terms

All terms and definitions are influenced by or excerpted from the Oxford Dictionary.

Rules

1. No forfeits
2. Any citations or foot/endnotes must be individually provided in the text of the debate
3. No new arguments in the final round
4. Maintain a civil and decorous atmosphere
5. No trolling or deconstruction semantics
6. No "kritiks" of the topic (i.e. arguments that challenge an assumption in the resolution)
7. My opponent accepts all definitions and waives his/her right to add resolution definitions
8. For all undefined terms, individuals should use commonplace understandings that fit within the logical context of the resolution and this debate
9. The BOP is shared
10. The first round is for acceptance only
11. Violation of any of these rules or of any of the R1 set-up merits a loss

Structure

R1. my rules, your argument
R2. my refute, your defence
R3. my summary and refute, your summary and defence
Grandzam

Pro

I accept. I look forward to defending my position against your refute.
UnhookedSchnook

Con

well spotted if you looked at my previous debates you would see that i did realize this mistake, but it has been so long that i had forgotten :). Should i call my other opponent out on it and claim a win? lol. jk.

Please post your argument this round and i will do 1 refute and you can do 1 defense.

Best of luck!
Posted by Grandzam 5 months ago
Grandzam
The round structure and your rules contain a contradiction. I have decided to follow the rules instead of the round structure, because the round structure should submit to the rules.
Posted by canis 5 months ago
canis
Yep. Or someone else...Or just your imagination....