libertyforall
phunkyboy123

The Clintons are vile and manipulative liars.

libertyforall

Pro

I was once a supporter of Bill Clinton (I never liked Hillary) but with all the B.S. that has been going on in the last few weeks, I now have a strong dislike for both of them.

The first thing I want to talk about is this nonsense over race in South Carolina. The Clintons are trying to make Barak Obama "the black candidate" and make his (most likely) win in South Carolina seem meaningless. I can't believe that they are doing this and people are actual buying into this idea. It is folly on thier part because the reason Hillay won New Hampshire was because of women. Women turned out in strong numbers and voted for Hillary. How come no one was saying, "Oh who cares, that just means she got the women vote, her win means nothing."? With the Clintons trying to say the black vote means nothing, they are basically saying that black people don't matter to America. This disgusts me that they are doing this and it should disgust everyone really. Using the race card is the stupidest thing anyone can ever do because all it does is reverse the progress we have made in the U.S. We really need to stop living like it's 1950 and start living like it is 2008. Shame on the Clintons.
phunkyboy123

Con

How can you say you dislike them if everything that you've heard is B.S? "I was once a supporter of Bill Clinton (I never liked Hillary) but with all the B.S. that has been going on in the last few weeks, I now have a strong dislike for both of them."

"the reason Hillay won New Hampshire was because of women. Women turned out in strong numbers and voted for Hillary. How come no one was saying, "Oh who cares, that just means she got the women vote, her win means nothing."?" Isn't it folly on you then for saying that Hillary got the "women vote" and it doesn't mean anything?
"With the Clintons trying to say the black vote means nothing, they are basically saying that black people don't matter to America." You are saying that the women votes in New Hampshire is nothing. Does that mean that you are saying that women mean nothing to the United States. That is also "reverse the progress we have made in the U.S."
Aren't you doing the same things that you say the Clintons are doing to Barack Obama saying that Hillary's women votes count for nothing?
libertyforall

Pro

The B.S. was fed to people from the Clintons and I have no idea why you think I think that the womens vote for Hillary in New Hampshire isnn't important. You obviously didn't even read what I wrote.

Anyway, the next thing I would like to talk about is Hillary and the war.

Clinton acknowledged "a great deal of frustration and anger and outrage" over the war, and said she was working hard in the Senate to pass legislation capping troop levels in Iraq. She also vowed to try to bring to a vote a resolution disapproving of President Bush's planned troop increase.

"I'm still in the arena," she said — an apparent riposte to a Democratic rival, former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards. Like Clinton, Edwards voted to authorize the invasion, but he has become a staunch war critic since leaving the Senate in 2004.

"It's very easy to go around and say, 'Let's end the war,'" Clinton added. "If we had a Democratic president we would end the war."

Her toughest question came in Berlin, a struggling mill town in northern New Hampshire.

Roger Tilton, 46, a financial adviser from Nashua, N.H., told Clinton that unless she recanted her vote, he was not in the mood to listen to her other policy ideas.

"I want to know if right here, right now, once and for all and without nuance, you can say that war authorization was a mistake," Tilton said. "I, and I think a lot of other primary voters — until we hear you say it, we're not going to hear all the other great things you are saying."

In response, Clinton repeated her assertion that "knowing what we know now, I would never have voted for it," and said voters would have to decide for themselves whether her position was acceptable.

"The mistakes were made by this president, who misled this country and this Congress," Clinton said to loud applause.

Does she really expect us to believe that she was misled by the Bush/Cheney administration, and she actually thought Iraq was a danger to us, with its supposed WMDs?
phunkyboy123

Con

Do you believe that the war authorization was a mistake? Everybody can be mislead and yet you hold Hillary Clinton for that one little mistake.
"The mistakes were made by this president, who misled this country and this Congress," Clinton said to loud applause." Don't you agree that Bush mislead us all when he started the authorization?

Mr. Tilton wanted Clinton to admit her mistake and she did. What more can you ask of her. Everybody makes mistakes and there is no use thinking about the past. What's done is done and you can't really change it. Clinton admitted her mistake and that is that. She can't go back in time and take back her vote. We are just human and mistakes help us learn.
libertyforall

Pro

Wow, I really wish someone who could give me a real debate would have chosen to take me on. My opponent either isn't taking this seriously or is 100% clueless. I am not even going to waste my time posting a 3rd arguement because it won't get debated.
phunkyboy123

Con

I've got nothing to say. If you can't debate on something then don't waste time typing. Just let the round be forfeited.
Vote Placed by eatingpoopiscool 9 years ago
eatingpoopiscool
libertyforallphunkyboy123Tied
Vote Placed by poopfred 9 years ago
poopfred
libertyforallphunkyboy123Tied
Vote Placed by Conservative 9 years ago
Conservative
libertyforallphunkyboy123Tied
Vote Placed by blond_guy 9 years ago
blond_guy
libertyforallphunkyboy123Tied
Vote Placed by moderate84 9 years ago
moderate84
libertyforallphunkyboy123Tied
Vote Placed by PeaceFinger 9 years ago
PeaceFinger
libertyforallphunkyboy123Tied
Vote Placed by griffinisright 9 years ago
griffinisright
libertyforallphunkyboy123Tied
Vote Placed by govchapman 9 years ago
govchapman
libertyforallphunkyboy123Tied
Vote Placed by libertyforall 9 years ago
libertyforall
libertyforallphunkyboy123Tied
Vote Placed by goldspurs 9 years ago
goldspurs
libertyforallphunkyboy123Tied