Confederate_American
AltDialect

The Confederate Flag is not racist!

Confederate_American has forfeited round #2.

Confederate_American

Pro

The confederate flag is not racist. It is simply a symbol of the southern pride and hertiage of us Americans. We love the south. Just because I fly my Confederate flags does not mean I want slaves, but that I am proud of my southern heritage. The south is the best! Even people in the North hail the South. It is the greatest feeling to meet someone else who has a lot of confederate flag bumper stickers. It is a beauty to see. I love the Confederate flag.
AltDialect

Con

I can see where you come at with the whole "The confederate flag is not racist, it is southern pride" thing, but the confederate flag stands for more things than racism. Even though racism is one thing, I would like to point out that it does in fact stand for brotherhood in the south.

The southerners flew the flag during the civil war so they could just have a flag. It was never official. But if the confederate flag does NOT stand for racism what so ever, than explain why every single slave plantation flew one? Even if they weren't in the war, they still did. I have also seen pictures of people holding a confederate flag next to their Nazi flag many times before. In fact, its all I can find. So to say whether or not it stands for racism is redundant. because it does. Just like how Pepe the Frog stands for hate, or an eggplant is slang for a penis. Its not about the history of what it once was, it is about the history of what it is now.

Posted by conner4real 6 months ago
conner4real
The confederate flag is a symbol of the confederacy and therefore, slavery. It's not a southern flag or an overtly southern symbol. It was designed to reflect the pro-slavery and pro-secession sentiments of those living in the confederacy.

Wouldn't use of the "heritage" argument make the Nazi flag permissible in Germany to represent German pride?

There are other more appropriate and contemporary ways to show love for our southern heritage. As one with ancestors from Mississippi, Virginia, Louisiana, and Texas, I have never associated that flag with anything other than the civil war and secession from the Union. It belongs in a museum, not in a place of honor in today's society.
Posted by Debating_Horse 7 months ago
Debating_Horse
You did not cite any sources for my previous comment's two key questions "what evidence can you present that a anthropomorphic character is racist? How about the flag?"

Again, please make citations to these questions about your claims please.
Posted by AltDialect 7 months ago
AltDialect
It is still a credible source. And like I have said, at least I have evidence. Unlike my opponent.
Posted by Truth-Over-Emotion 7 months ago
Truth-Over-Emotion
@AltDialect
Are you serious? I'm actually laughing right now. Huffington Post is about as credible as CNN and Fox News, if not worse.
Posted by AltDialect 7 months ago
AltDialect
My sources come from the Huffigton Post and Prager University. Two VERY valid sources of information. And claims are more valid than opinions, which my competition is using.
Posted by Debating_Horse 7 months ago
Debating_Horse
+[AltDialect] what evidence can you present that a anthropomorphic character is racist? How about the flag? Where are your sources? Claims are not valid pieces of evidence for your argument.