country_at_heart
ZachZimmey

The Confederate Flag.

ZachZimmey has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

country_at_heart

Pro

The confederate flag is a sign of independence it is not racist. It is not a sign of hate. It is something to be proud of.
ZachZimmey

Con

Thank you for allowing me to take part in this debate. I accept this debate and will be trying to prove that the Confederate flag was a sign of Racism in the Confederacy.

I would like to make it clear that I do not believe this; I will be playing "Devil's Advocate" for this debate.

I hope this will be a very well planned and thought out debate. Good luck to my opponent.

Again, thank you and good luck.
country_at_heart

Pro

The civil war was not fought over slavery. It was all about money because the southern states were not the only ones with slaves. people also say that the confederate flag flew on slave ships but NONE of the flags of the Confederacy or Southern Nation ever flew over a slave ship. Nor did the South own or operate any slaves ships. The English, the Dutch and the Portuguese brought slaves to this country, not the Southern Nation. The confederate flag was simply a battle flag during the civil war.
Posted by ZachZimmey 12 months ago
ZachZimmey
I would like to apologize to my opponent for my forfeiture. I had written my argument for round two, but whatever I did, the site would not upload it, so my time ran out. If my opponent would like, we could redo the debate and simply copy and paste our arguments from this debate so as to have an identical game. Then i could post my final round. If not, I am truly sorry for the inconveniences I may have caused. This has never happened to me before, I have no explanation for it whatsoever. Thank you all for your understanding.