WannabeMusketeer
sadolite

The Conservative base of the Republican Party should support John McCain for President.

Con Tied Pro

WannabeMusketeer

Con

Now that Senator John McCain has basically secured his nomination as the Republican Party's nominee for the 2008 Presidential election, he has a lot of work a head of him. He has to unify not only the country behind him, but his own party! I'm a very conservative Republican; the epitome of the Party's base. I refuse to cast a vote for John McCain. Except mildly on terror, he doesn't reflect the Party's views. He is constantly compromising his "conservative" views and values in Congress and the legislation he's created and helped pass do not support his claim as a conservative. Our party would be far better off if Senator Hillary Clinton were to be elected. If she wins, her outrageous proposals, especially withdrawal of troops from Iraq will prove to have catastrophic results. This will prove that she, just as her husband was on terror, a failure. Come 2012 the Republican Party will sweep back into both the executive and legislative branches for at least another 8 years. If McCain wins the presidency, he will also screw up and cause our party to lose the white house for at least another 12 years. I will fight John McCain's nomination and campaign to election night, and if need be Inauguration Day.
sadolite

Pro

First let me say I am probly just as or even more conservitve than you. I donte to the R.N.C. and the S.R.N.C. every month automatically on my credit card.Second let me say that I am also disappointed with the way the vote went for McCain He's not conservitive enogh for me either.
I hope you do vote though, no vote is a vote for the otherside not to mention a slap in the face to all the soldiers who died in world war 2 so you can have the privilidge of voting today.
You have heard the exspression "The squeeky wheel always gets greased". You can have an effect on the way McCain votes on issues and handles issues if you participate in the political process by writing emails and making a phone call once in a while to your Congressmen and Reprsentatives.
Why do you think Liberalism has had such a huge growth, all those people wanting welfare, the why work when you don't have to mentality. And you should know by now that once an entitlement program is created it never goes away it just gets bigger and bigger and bigger.
If the other side wins, any comminication you have with the Gov't will be thrown in the trash because you are not part of their constituency and they don't care what you think about anything, it's their way or the highway with you.
At least with a Republican President, you are part of their consituency and will at least give consideration to your views if they want to get re-elected.
The last time there was a Demoraticaly controled Congress and Presidentcy it took 30 yers to change it back. I know I don't make enough money for all the Gov't programs the Dems could create in another 30 years.

PLEASE VOTE AND VOTE REPUBLICAN THANKS
WannabeMusketeer

Con

Well I can't comment either way on the fact that you're a conservative. Your profile shows none of your political views on anything. So I guess i'll just have to take your word for it.

It's too early for me to say that I won't vote at all. That's why I didn't say that. I'll have to wait and see what comes up. There's talk of some possible conservative candidates running independent, seeing as it doesn't seem as if McCain can unite the party. one thing is for sure,I will not vote for Clinton, Obama, or McCain.

With a Democratic Executive and Legislative branch, and I apologize for being a pessimist, I just don't see how any conservative values will be represented. And by Democratic I do mean any of the before mentioned candidates. It will be a major set back for our party and for moral values. I just pray to God that no vacancies become available in the Supreme Court.

I can't say vote Republican, I do hope a true conservative will run as an Independent and save our country. It'll be a long shot, but I do hope they do attempt it, as I will support all the time and effort I have to the cause, as I did in 2004. Howver, I can't say McCain is an actal Republican. Therefore, in my first election, I refuse to cast a vote for the Republican Party. Instead, I think we should support the Congressmen running and try to take back the legislature, the executive has already been lost to a liberal any of the three ways.
sadolite

Pro

I can't say anything more, The worst Republican in the world is a better choise than a Liberal Democrat. I'll say it again, VOTE AND VOTE REPULICAN
I will concede the debate, to say anything more would be baggering you to vote my way. That's not what our country is about.
WannabeMusketeer

Con

I don't agree. It's logical to think ahead. McCain can't win this and if he does, he'll loose another 8 years to the democrats. If Hillary wins, we'll come back and pick up the pieces for another 8. Whats better? Loosing 12 years to the Democrats (and I do mean McCain) or loosing 4 and recovering with 8 and possibly more...You decide.
sadolite

Pro

The only thing I diagree on is the amount of time the Dems will hold on to power if they win. I stated earlier it will be more like 30 years in my opinion.
Posted by HandsOff 6 years ago
HandsOff
I'm looking at this purely for entertainment value from this point forward. I'm a heartless libertarian, so both candidates repulse me. But think about how much fun we'd have with Hillary in the whitehouse. I'd also rather have conservative controlling congress over the whitehouse. It's those supreme court justices that keep me thinking McCain. That's pretty huge.
Posted by Chickago 6 years ago
Chickago
whoops I meant i WAS a supporter of Romney * Not McCain!
Posted by Chickago 6 years ago
Chickago
I really enjoyed this little debate - it reflected my internal struggle in deciding what to do. I too like you Musketeer am well I should say i WAS a supporter of John McCain and I consider myself to be a Republican to the fullest. Yet my dilemma is still there, I agree with what you said about McCain..he is very liberal about most issues - and his only stance that's purely and truly Republican is his stand on Terrorism..but you can say Hilary could be similar with Terrorism as well -- the only candidate who wouldn't is Barack OBama. I still do know that McCain will be better with the war than Hilary will be, but is it reason enough to vote for McCain? It's basically on the same level. I'm trapped, I want to stand by my party and be loyal..but as you summed up and as people such as Ann Coulter and Rush L have said..It's better to have hilary screw up her term and have a Republican in office the following term..but is it worth risking?? I mean Hilary...eh, saying her name makes me cringe. I'm not sure what to do.
Posted by HandsOff 6 years ago
HandsOff
Good conservatives know you shouldn't fight optional wars (ones you aren't absolutely forced to) unless you can afford them. I'm a staunch fiscal conservative, and I think we need out, because we are spending money we don't have. Hillary or the O-man would get us out immediately. Still hate to see them win, but the war is no reason to support a socialist spendthrift in conserative's clothing.
Posted by kels1123 6 years ago
kels1123
Your worse than McCain if you would rather let Obama or Hilary get in office. I am so sick of Republicans actually stating they won't vote because McCain is not conservative enough, so instead you will sacrifice our country to the likes of Obama or Hilary?? What about our soldiers? What about the war? Should we let the soldiers have a leader who says he will pull them out of Iraq and send them into Africa? Should we have a leader who doesn't listen to what the soldiers want? I can promise you that many of the soldier are 100% for McCain and still want the Republican candidate to win. No McCain isn't as conservative as I wanted , I wanted Romney. I am from MA and Romney was great and helped the Deficit. However he didn't win and dropped out ..so that leaves McCain probably and one of the Dems. McCain may not share some of my conservative values , but he shares more than Hilary and Obama ever will. He also is a war hero and has a son who is in Iraq fighting for our country. He wants to win the war on terror. He is prolife.He may not be the perfect candidate but to not vote and allow Hilary or Obama in office is worse.
Posted by HandsOff 6 years ago
HandsOff
I wish liberals could check a box on their tax forms and pay the high taxes for the give-aways they advocate. The neo-cons could check a box to pay for the wars they want to start by policing the world. My libertarian friends and I could check the box that says "minimal taxes and minimal services please." Ahhh, a perfect world.
Posted by ericjpomeroy 6 years ago
ericjpomeroy
Romney was our last hope. So sad McCain is the front runner. There is no way he can win having split the Republican party in two. At least with a democrat in office the liberals will learn what Socialism really is.
Posted by HandsOff 6 years ago
HandsOff
Well sated. This man is a socialist from the the word go. He will only add more compromise to an already-watered-down conservative party. Hillary is an extreme socialist and her views will either help build the house and senate due a backlash in response to her and her party trying to turn the U.S. into France. If she succeeds, even better. Then the country gets to see what socialism is really like, and that will create a stronger, more permanent revolution.
Vote Placed by JBlake 5 years ago
JBlake
WannabeMusketeersadoliteTied
Vote Placed by TxsRngr 5 years ago
TxsRngr
WannabeMusketeersadoliteTied
Vote Placed by Mangani 5 years ago
Mangani
WannabeMusketeersadoliteTied
Vote Placed by Robert_Santurri 5 years ago
Robert_Santurri
WannabeMusketeersadoliteTied
Vote Placed by sadolite 5 years ago
sadolite
WannabeMusketeersadoliteTied
Vote Placed by LakevilleNorthJT 5 years ago
LakevilleNorthJT
WannabeMusketeersadoliteTied
Vote Placed by Sweatingjojo 5 years ago
Sweatingjojo
WannabeMusketeersadoliteTied
Vote Placed by Jamcke 5 years ago
Jamcke
WannabeMusketeersadoliteTied
Vote Placed by Danielle 6 years ago
Danielle
WannabeMusketeersadoliteTied
Vote Placed by Tatarize 6 years ago
Tatarize
WannabeMusketeersadoliteTied