TheFreeThinker
Superboy777

"The Constitution of the United States, United States History and United States Civics."

TheFreeThinker

TheFreeThinker

Pro

This Debate has exclusively being started for Mr. William B. Turner, Ph.D. J.D.
drturner[at]mindspring.com
404-695-6081

Every member is welcome to comment on the Debate and help contact Mr. Turner and request he accept the debate.

Dear Mr. Turner,

in your entry on the website www.dailykos.com on May 20th, 2011 you have challenged Congresswoman Michelle Bachmann to a debate after her alleged decision to ignore the challenge of High-School student Amy Myers.

I think Amy Myers' challenge to Congresswoman Bachmann has been a courageous and bold move on her part, considering she is a high school student.

On the other hand, I found your own challenge to Mrs. Bachmann, arrogant and self-absorbed.

I believe that as a Member of Congress Mrs. Bachmann has far more important things to do than debate a defiant Professor, especially in this economic climate.

I however, even though busy with my finals, do not, and would like to take up your challenge to a debate.

Everything that you have mentioned in your article, from the creation of a Federal Government that was more powerful compared to its predecessor under the Articles of Confederation to the fact that some Founding Fathers were slave owners, is neither new, groundbreaking or controversial and the knowledge of those facts is not exclusive to Ph.Ds and J.Ds, but really in reach of every person with an internet connection or a library card.

However, the undertone of your post clearly shows the framework of your liberal ideology which advocates for an increase of the Power of the Federal Government, disregards the absolute importance of individual liberties and completely ignores moral relativism in a pale attempt to undermine the moral and intellectual stature of the Founding Fathers.

Sir, to me you represent the progressive, self-declared "intellectual elite" that enabled a man who doesn't understand that the purpose of the Constitution is to limit the powers of the Government and who believes that it should "say what the federal government or the state government must do on your behalf" to be elected President of the United States.

This forum is public, the rules of the debate can be discussed.

So, in the popular parlance of the day, bring it on.

Very truly yours,

Aaron Romeo Bradley Casanova de Chemouny, Student
Superboy777

Con

I'm amused.
TheFreeThinker

Pro

TheFreeThinker forfeited this round.
Superboy777

Con

LOL
he forfeited.
TheFreeThinker

Pro

LoL,
you took a debate that clearly was not for you and ignored common sense and basic decency.

I guess I'll just be happy to have one more won debate on my account...
TheFreeThinker

Pro

I rest my case
Superboy777

Con

Superboy777 forfeited this round.
Posted by RoyLatham 5 years ago
RoyLatham
I have a theory on that. It is because anyone who sets out to be a pain in the butt inevitably succeeds, yet they count the success as if it were a hard-fought victory. It happens a lot.
Posted by TheFreeThinker 6 years ago
TheFreeThinker
you're right. I just don't get though why some people do always have to do this kind of stuff...
Posted by RoyLatham 6 years ago
RoyLatham
TheFreeThinker, You can't insult another member without violating the site TOS, no matter what. Don't do that. The main function of many members here is to teach us patience.
Posted by TheFreeThinker 6 years ago
TheFreeThinker
I just think this Superboy is a stupid moron that should have minded his own business...
You happy now that you have messed it up?
I really don't get why some people have to be azzholes
Posted by RoyLatham 6 years ago
RoyLatham
TheFreeThinker, You could repost the debate and use the "advanced options" to select the age of acceptable contenders as, say, 96 to 97. Since people can reset their age, that doesn't completely keep people out, but it discourages acceptance by people who don't read it carefully. If Turner shows up, you can reissue the challenge directly to him.
Posted by TheFreeThinker 6 years ago
TheFreeThinker
Superboy what the hell are you doing?
Posted by RoyLatham 6 years ago
RoyLatham
Dmetal, Are there any bloggers for the Daily Kos who are other than radical leftists? Can suh a thing be imagined? Even without knowing anything other than that, it would be a reasonable assumption.
Posted by TheFreeThinker 6 years ago
TheFreeThinker
Dmetal, you're an idiot. You have assumed that I have made an assumption.
I know about Mr. Turner's ideology based on several other articles that he wrote on the website in question.

So, epic fail.
Posted by Dmetal 6 years ago
Dmetal
TheFreeThinker, you're an idiot. You have completely assumed Turner's political ideology and his stance on issues that he has not even addressed. That would be the equivalent of me accusing you of racism because you adhere to "free market" capitalism founded on oppression, categorical inequality, and power hierarchies that have limited individuals' access to markets.
Posted by TheFreeThinker 6 years ago
TheFreeThinker
Dear RayLotham,

that is exactly my point. That' is why I have challenged him.
Vote Placed by Jason77 5 years ago
Jason77
TheFreeThinkerSuperboy777Tied
Reasons for voting decision: bad conducts
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
TheFreeThinkerSuperboy777Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Obvious.
Vote Placed by Ore_Ele 5 years ago
Ore_Ele
TheFreeThinkerSuperboy777Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con never really presented an arguement, nor rebutal. Both sides had a forfeit, and I think in general, both sides had poor conduct (Con's was worse, but I'm not going to reward either side).