TheMagi
slightlyirategentleman

The Cosmological Claim. There is a supernatural creator, not constrained within time, that created a

slightlyirategentleman has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

TheMagi

Pro

Assumption 1: All natural things had a starting point within time.

Proof of Assumption 1: The only rebuttal to this assumption would be to prove that all natural things did not have a starting point within time. If all natural things did not have a starting point within time, then time does not have a starting point, because time constrains all natural things, hence "starting point within time." If time has no starting point, then there has been an infinite amount of moments that have occurred before this current moment. Since an infinite amount of moments can never reach an end, any moment after will never occur, namely, this current moment. Since our moment is occurring, there is an implausibility in the counter-assumption. Therefore, "all natural things have a starting point within time."

Assumption 2: There exists a creator that brought all natural things into existence.

Proof of Assumption 2: Since, from our last proven assumption, "all natural things have a starting point within time," then there was a moment when all natural things were brought into existence. Since the definition of the word "create" means "to bring into existence," there was a moment when all natural things were created. Since any creation requires a creator to do the creating, "there exists a creator that brought all natural things into existence."

Assumption 3: The creator is not the creation itself.

Proof of Assumption 3: Since all natural things are constrained within time, all natural things could not create itself, because within the constraint of time, a creator precedes its creation. Since all natural things cannot existence prior to all natural things existing, "the creator is not the creation itself."

Assumption 4: The creator is supernatural.

Proof of Assumption 4: Since the creation was all natural things, and since the creation was not the creator, then the creator could not be a natural thing. If something is not a natural thing, by definition, it is a supernatural thing, which means existing outside of the natural world. Thus, "the creator is supernatural."

Assumption 5: The creator is not constrained within time.

Proof of Assumption 5: Since the creator is supernatural, he is not governed by the laws of this natural world. Since time constrains the natural world, the "creator is not constrained within time."

Since all five of its critical assumptions are verified, The Cosmological Claim can now be accepted as true.
Posted by TheMagi 1 year ago
TheMagi
i just made it again, i invited you
Posted by TheMagi 1 year ago
TheMagi
except it's not letting me post because you haven't yet.... I'm confused this is my second time doing this
Posted by slightlyirategentleman 1 year ago
slightlyirategentleman
thankfully I copied my argument in case something went wrong. Just post in the next round that you acknowledge it timed out and ill go from where I was meant to
Posted by TheMagi 1 year ago
TheMagi
sorry. how do i fix it
slightlyirategentleman
I didn't forfeit the round, there was very little time to post my response.
Posted by TheMagi 1 year ago
TheMagi
Looks like someone else already accepted, otherwise I would have loved to "debate" you in my proof haha
Posted by I_Go_RAWR 1 year ago
I_Go_RAWR
I would like to start with, I myself profess Christianity as my faith. So I agree with your over arching statements, I would have to semi-disagree/questions your 'proof'. I would love to accept your debate, but it most likely be rather boring/pointless considering I would be arguing more or less over what you present as 'proof' but are still agreeing with 'opposing side'. I make this comment, I suppose to ask if you would like for me to accept, or would rather an actual oppositional force respond.