X_mitchell
ConservativePolitico

The Crap hits the fan and groups have to form alliances

ConservativePolitico

X_mitchell

Pro

This is just going to be a fun debate, I am debating if the crap hits the fan and the world is corrupt which forms of people would come out on top. This is purely for fun and the debates have to be based on logical things also a name of group(which you can make up, it just has to have certain types of people in it). The first round is acceptance.
ConservativePolitico

Con

This looks fun!

I'm going to wait to see what you post for your Second Round to see what sort of thing we're talking about. I'm assuming you'll be describing the group that you think will come out on top. Am I right?

I hope to see this fun debate through to an interesting conclusion. Onto you.
X_mitchell

Pro

Just to clear some things up Crap hitting the fan: Something that leaves the united states citizens without a government in any circumstances, they would have to start from scratch government wise.
I would also like to throw in some factors that should be taken into consideration:
1. Medical ability
2. Ability to get food
3. Ability to get water
4. Shelter
5. Defense against people looking for supplies (not willing to bargain, I think you know what i'm talking about)
6. Ability to gain resources (ex. oil, wood, farming)
Feel free to add any type of factor that you would like because I know that there are many factors that would be taken into account int his type of situation.

So to begin I would like to pick a group which I would like to name the Midwest Huntsmen (just making stuff up) These would be your middle of country farmers who are big game hunters. So know I would like to explain were they fit in some "factors".

1. Medical Ability
They are a kind of person who doesn't know much about medical practice but they do know how to cook a good meal. :)

2. Ability to get food
They are a type of person who has many guns because they hunt big game in the mid-west. This would help them gain some protein and get enough calories from the meat that they would be able to obtain. Not to mention that there aren't that many people who live in the mid-west so all of the game wouldn't be gone. But if there was a drop in how many animals they would be able to hunt, they are also farmers, so they could get nutrients from crop. They also live in the lower mid-west so they would be able to grow food almost year round.

3. Ability to get water
People who live out in the middle of nowhere usually get water from a well so that's what I assume they would continue to do.

4. Shelter
They would have their ranch estates that they would continue to live in maybe group up in clusters of 10-20 people.

5.Defense
They hunt big game and people like this typically have lot of guns. I don't think defense against city slickers would be a problem.

6. Ability to gain resources
These people may gain an alliance with oil farmers out in the mid-west(but I have no idea how a refinery works to make it into oil). They are farmers so they can gain food. Farming wouldn't be to big of a problem because once again not that many people live in this type of area and trees are probably in abundance.

I would like to put some images of what a portrayed image of this kind of person would be:
http://www.firstflightfinishers.com...
http://www.theposselist.com...
http://img.ehowcdn.com...

Well I hope that the top information will make this debate a little smother once you post your Alliance we can dispute strengths and weaknesses. Once again feel free to add and "factors" and any other part to the crap hitting the fan story.
ConservativePolitico

Con

You chose six people or characteristics so I will also choose six people I want in my group.

Here is my group:

1. Professional Mechanic

My mechanic will be able to salvage parts from old machinery, cars and other things make them work and keep them in good working order so my group always has decent transportation.

2. Bow Hunter

Bow hunters are people who like to hunt with bows, use simple knives etc when hunting. I want a bow hunter in my group because bows and arrows are easier to manage, to create and to use. A bow hunter will know how to skin and clean animals in the field for food.

3. Gunsmith

I will have a gunsmith, someone who knows to work, repair and identify guns of all kinds. This will keep my group well armed and well prepared to fight and to trade a valuable skill.

4. Habitat For Humanity Leader

This person will be an amateur carpenter who will be able to do simple repair jobs to existing buildings and will know where and how to use tools to build a strong and stable shelter.

5. A Woman

I want a woman on my team because women can usually help keep men in line, they can offer up rational solutions to certain problems, potentially mother new children for the group and engage in diplomacy that some men might not be able to do. Women can also usually cook and clean better than guys and have different instincts.

6. A Farmer

Lastly, I want a farmer. Farmers will know how to irrigate, use well and ground water and be able to identify, grow and prepare all sorts of plants for eating and other uses.

This is my group. Next round we will debate who has the better group for survival.
X_mitchell

Pro

X_mitchell forfeited this round.
ConservativePolitico

Con

My group is clearly better because my opponent would rather forfeit than debate the details of our two groups.

Until my opponent posts a reason why his group is better he has forfeited and I should recieve all the points.

X_mitchell

Pro

With the end of school near I have way to much homework to do and my competitive swim team just started up, I am saddened to say I don't have much time for debate.org anymore during this time. Iv'e enjoyed this debate up to this point and i'm glad my opponent has picked it up, but unfortunately I will have to re-sign this debate making my opponent the default winner(plus I like his debate) anyway.
Thanks for debating, hope to start a new debate mid-summer have a nice day.
X_mitchell
ConservativePolitico

Con

I'm sorry to hear that.

Thank you for declaring me the winner.

Best of luck to you.
X_mitchell

Pro

X_mitchell forfeited this round.
ConservativePolitico

Con

"I will have to re-sign this debate making my opponent the default winner" - Pro

I win due to forfeit.

Vote Con
Vote Placed by Hardcore.Pwnography 4 years ago
Hardcore.Pwnography
X_mitchellConservativePoliticoTied
Vote Placed by Maikuru 4 years ago
Maikuru
X_mitchellConservativePoliticoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro conceded