crushboy79
stwadsworth27

The Dallas Cowboys and the Denver Broncos are the best teams in the NFL

stwadsworth27
Started: 10/28/2014 Category: Sports

crushboy79

Pro

The Cowboys are the top team in the NFL. They won the Seahawks, and the Denver Broncos follow close behind. Peyton Manning just broke the record in the NFL for the most touchdowns, and Demarco Murray is setting records as the Cowboys running back.

First round acceptance only, NO trolling, may the best man win
stwadsworth27

Con

I will accept the argument, Dallas is certainly not the best team, and the Broncos are not the second best team.
crushboy79

Pro

Oh really? Then who is better? The Cowboys have the best record and blew out the defending Super Bowl champs, the Seattle Seahawks. The Broncos follow close behind, with one of the top ranked offence in pro football. In case there is any confusion, I mean best by their record and performance.
stwadsworth27

Con

No confusion on this end. I will start this argument by defeating the argument for the cowboys. You're statement is inclusive, The cowboys AND the Broncos are the best teams in football. This is distinctly than the cowboys OR the broncos are the best team in football. Denver you have a stronger case, and if you wish to weaken your statement, we can debate on that front as well, but the cowboys argument is easy.
The Dallas cowboys did indeed beat the defending super bowl champs, at home. They ended the longest home winning streak in football, 19 games, in that game. However, in subsequent weeks the Seahawks LOST to the Rams, a non playoff team with a laughably held together offense, and stuggled to do much of anything against the Panthers, a team that has been getting lit up all season by lesser teams. Clearly, Seattle is not the team everyone thought they were, and are at this point are agreed to be unlikely to repeat as super bowl champions. The win looks a lot less impressive given this information. They also lost their home opener to the 49ers, A team that struggled to to give the broncos even a decent game.
But what about their wins, there must be some quality there, right..?
Not so fast. The wins that have people such as yourself so impressed, crowning them as the best in the NFL
The Titans: 2-6
The Rams 2-5
The saints: 3-4
The texans: 4-4
The giants:3-4
No wonder your argument hinges so much on Seattle: THAT is the ONLY team they have beat with a winning record.
Hardly so at 4-3, with a loss to the rams and it took them a last minute drive to beat the awful Carolina Panthers last week.

The cherry on top, giving the 3rd win to a Redskins team down to its third string quarterback on monday night football, proving they are nothing but pretenders, who cannot handle the spotlight and take care of business against a team who is generally awful. They lost to Brady Quinn, A guy who couldn't make it in CLEVELAND!
Through their generally weak schedule, inconsistent play, and marquee win against a team proving to be much less than we thought they were, they cowboy's are NOT the best team in football. Not even close really, they are just the piece of crap that floated to the top of the toilet bowl.
crushboy79

Pro

The win against the Titans was one of their easier games, granted, but the Texans are a great team, with stars like JJ Watt, Robert Clowney, Deandre Tompkins, Andre Johnson, and Arian Foster. The Rams defense is very intimidating, and their special teams are very tricky, (watch the Seahawks and Rams highlights) and the Redskins? Why would you bring that up? A lot of bad calls by the referees, such as a pathetic call one pass interference on the Cowboys D. And I am waiting for you to try to dismantle the Broncos statement.
stwadsworth27

Con

I bring up the redskins because they lost to them. Blaming the refs is not an option. I also bring it up because if falsifies your statement. The Dallas cowboys do NOT have the best record in the NFL. They are 6-2, The cardinals are better at 6-1. Half a game better. The cardinals have the best record in the NFL. With Tony Romo, we have seen numerous chokes in pressure situations. His stats are decent so far, but generally against a bunch of nobodys. We all saw what happened week 1 when he played a real defense, a slew of turnovers and ineptitude. Tony Romo is not an elite quarterback. Demarco Murray is playing lights out, but a great running back does not make you a great team (Check out the vikings through the AP years). The cowboys are NOT the best team in the NFL, in terms of talent, record, or coaching. Jones is an awful owner as well, always getting into his teams business and not trusting his coaches to make the decisions he hired them to make. Player wise, record wise and organizationally, the cowboys are not at the top of the NFL, and a case could be made they are barely top ten. I do not need to make that argument though. I only need to prove, as I have, the cowboys are not the best NFL team.
Denver is among the best teams in the NFL. Because you have chosen not to weaken your statement to "The broncos are the best team in the NFL" as I gave you the opportunity to do, I will concede this point to you because I do not need it to defeat your original statement, and it is a harder argument to make, one that i do not want to lose points with voters on making unnecessarily, as i believe your original statement has been thoroughly dismantled. .
Concedeing: The broncos are a top 2 team
Original statement: The Cowboys are best best team in the NFL AND the Broncos are the 2nd best team in the NFL, I have shown, is a FALSE statement because the Cowboys are not the best team in the NFL.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Both Dallas and Denver lost this week. Steelers 43, Baltimore 23.Steelers on a roll.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Ben Roethlesburger is the only quarterback in NFL history to throw 2- 500 yard games. He has 2 super bowl rings. Why is he not ever mentioned among the best?
Posted by FifaGamer 2 years ago
FifaGamer
I like stwadsworth's arguement, it makes me think of the cowboys in a different way
Vote Placed by Narwhalicorn 2 years ago
Narwhalicorn
crushboy79stwadsworth27Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con proved that Pro's statement was false.