olle15
massvideogamer

The Dance Dance Revolution Tops Guitar Hero

olle15

Pro

OK heres how it goes based on your opinion not on number of sales or anything like that but experience. Also I would prefer someone who plays both the DDR and Guitar Hero and is good at them both meaning you're at least off of beginner on both. Now have fun.

(to Guitar Hero and DDR fans alike read first then vote)
massvideogamer

Con

You claim that DDR is better than Guitar Hero, but you put no reasoning, no proof, no anything. You just say that you want to debate with someone who is good at them, and i would like to say that I am, in fact, a master at them both.

This is where the burden of proof falls on you, for now you have to prove why DDR is better than Guitar Hero, and they are not equals or that Guitar Hero is better.

You said that you dont want to bring the sales, but they do play and important factor in which one is better, and Guitar Hero has better sales. But since you insist on not bringing sales into this, i will not press onward with this part of the debate.

Now is where i have a question for you, Why do you think DDR is better than Guitar Hero? They are both along the same lines of a game. Both with moving notes that you have to hit at the right time while a song is playing, but DDR you hit the notes with your feet, and Guitar Hero on a guitar with your fingers.

Since my opponent has not really said anything more, i will leave my argument at that, and await my opponent's reply.
olle15

Pro

First off I would like to thank you for excepting my debate even though there was really no info given in the first round I did it in hopes that only a real gamer would except it because even if his opponent hadn't said anything a real gamer would defend his game.

Secondly the answer to your question like you said the two games run on the same guide lines but the DDR uses feet this makes all the difference because you move your feet instead of your hands you get a work out I think this is the one game where you can be addicted to it and lose weight at the same time.

Finally I said no sales facts because this is supposed to be based on your opinion and experience.

your turn.
massvideogamer

Con

You want an argument? You got one!

First of all you claim that DDR is better than Guitar Hero because it is addicting and because you lose weight. Well, that is purly opinionated, for a game which some of us might say is the best game ever where some of us might think its the wort game on Earth. Actually, if you think about it, you lose weight in any video game you play, because you are moving your fingers constantly (well mostly your thumbs, but you get my point) The Nintendo Wii actually helps you lose weight because it makes you swing your arms around, and if i do say so myself, Wii games are pretty addicting.

Secondly, I would say, being a master at them both, that Guitar Hero would probably be the better game. Both games have music, but the songs in DDR are short and most of them are kind of weird songs, and some of them are Japanese. Guitar Hero on the other hand, has full-length songs that we all know and love. Plus, they are all in English.

Guitar Hero, i believe, is the better game, because you can play it whenever you want. The thing with DDR is when you play it you have to be prepared for a workout, which not everyone always is, and you cant play it for too long because you will get to tired. Guitar Hero you can play anytime you want for as long as you want (but you may not want to for the sake of your fingers not falling off) because it does not require any physical workout.

And personally i think Guitar Hero is more fun.
olle15

Pro

First off of course my comments was purely opinionated I stated that they would be in rounds one and two.

Secondly you know and I know when I said weight loss I meant a substantial weight loss so moving your fingers wouldn't cut it. I mean have you ever seen an already obese person get skinny by playing Halo 3 hours a day don't think so but I guess it's my fault for not being specific enough. And as the Wii goes I never mentioned it we're talking about games not game systems but just to remind you the Wii has a DDR to.

Third on my list the music sense every body has their own opinion I won't stay on this to long but I my self like hearing foreign music if i wanted to listen to American music I would turn on the radio.

Fourth on my list <> theses are the words of a couch potato and not only is this line not true but it is lazy. This is why they have levels you work at the level that you think is just slow enough for you do it right and you'll just feel like you went for a long walk. Also just to disprove the lie that you can't play the DDR a long time I'm going to tell you how I stay fit
1) Weight lifting
2) Push ups/ Sit ups
3) 1 and a half hours on the DDR on heavy
2and a half when the weather is bad and I can't run.

And as for the people who don't want to work out only people who want to have a workout would buy the DDR just like the only people who play guitar hero are people who don't want to take the time to learn how to play a real guitar.

(and I think DDR is much more fun)
Your turn
massvideogamer

Con

"Secondly you know and I know when I said weight loss I meant a substantial weight loss so moving your fingers wouldn't cut it. I mean have you ever seen an already obese person get skinny by playing Halo 3 hours a day don't think so but I guess it's my fault for not being specific enough. And as the Wii goes I never mentioned it we're talking about games not game systems but just to remind you the Wii has a DDR to."

Haha, i guess ur right, you dont see any obese people getting skinny from playing Halo. Well yes you didnt mention the Wii, but you said DDR is fun because its addicting and you lose weight which the Wii also is with many of its games (like Wii Sports.)

"Third on my list the music sense every body has their own opinion I won't stay on this to long but I my self like hearing foreign music if i wanted to listen to American music I would turn on the radio."

Well yeah, everybody has their own likes and dislikes, but what im saying is American rock music is more popular than the foreign music in DDR. Most of the songs in Guitar Hero are not on the radio, but if you wanted to listen to other music than you can listen to the radio, but we're not talking about other music, but Guitar Hero music, which is not on the radio for the most part. I mean seriously, have you ever heard the some Through Fire anf Flames on the radio?

"Also just to disprove the lie that you can't play the DDR a long time I'm going to tell you how I stay fit
1) Weight lifting
2) Push ups/ Sit ups
2and a half when the weather is bad and I can't run."

Well if you really do that often, then you are in good shape, but most people in America arent, so many people cannot play it for long. (I actually like play it for and hour to an hour and-a-half too)

"And as for the people who don't want to work out only people who want to have a workout would buy the DDR just like the only people who play guitar hero are people who don't want to take the time to learn how to play a real guitar."

Thats not true, you claim that people on play Guitar Hero because they dont want to take the time to learn to play a real guitar. I play Guitar Hero, and i dont want to learn how to play the guitar. I have tons of friends who know how to play the guitar, and they still play Guitar Hero.

Your Turn

(is it just me or is this more of a "Post Your Opinion" thing than a debate?)
olle15

Pro

My opponent has stated some valid points but there are just two things I want to discuss before I close:

<>

You are right there are some who know how to play the real guitar and play guitar hero but you admitted you play guitar hero but don't want to learn to play the real thing and I'm willing to bet a staggering majority of these people are like you and don't want to play the real thing.

You said foreign music wasn't that popular but that's not true with the growing popularity of anime the popularity of the music grows along with it.

Though both games are obviously great the DDR is the obvious winner the perfect combo of gaming and exercise there's no beating it.

Your turn
(good luck in the polls)
massvideogamer

Con

"You are right there are some who know how to play the real guitar and play guitar hero but you admitted you play guitar hero but don't want to learn to play the real thing and I'm willing to bet a staggering majority of these people are like you and don't want to play the real thing."

its not that im too lazy to learn how to play the guitar, i just dont have any real interest in playing an instrument outside the triangle family (not really)

"You said foreign music wasn't that popular but that's not true with the growing popularity of anime the popularity of the music grows along with it."

Note the word GROWING which means it isnt that popular YET, but we arent talking about the future, we are talking about the present day.

"Though both games are obviously great the DDR is the obvious winner the perfect combo of gaming and exercise there's no beating it."

No, Guitar Hero is the obvious winner because it is the perfect combo of video games, instuments, popular music, and finger coordination

And that ends my final argument (and now time for the polls)
Posted by Araku 9 years ago
Araku
DDR to me, seems to be the better choice. It is hard to find a fun video game that makes you active.
Posted by Derrida 9 years ago
Derrida
Olle15, just a reminder. You haven't actually posted anything in the debate you decided to take up with me.

If you're not going to post anything more, can you at least give me a reason for this?
Vote Placed by massvideogamer 8 years ago
massvideogamer
olle15massvideogamerTied
Vote Placed by LedLegend 9 years ago
LedLegend
olle15massvideogamerTied
Vote Placed by turtlecool2 9 years ago
turtlecool2
olle15massvideogamerTied
Vote Placed by skiies23 9 years ago
skiies23
olle15massvideogamerTied
Vote Placed by teach85 9 years ago
teach85
olle15massvideogamerTied
Vote Placed by SportsGuru 9 years ago
SportsGuru
olle15massvideogamerTied
Vote Placed by Jokerdude 9 years ago
Jokerdude
olle15massvideogamerTied
Vote Placed by olympianfootball73 9 years ago
olympianfootball73
olle15massvideogamerTied
Vote Placed by Araku 9 years ago
Araku
olle15massvideogamerTied
Vote Placed by Randomknowledge 9 years ago
Randomknowledge
olle15massvideogamerTied