Saywuhhhhh
Wylted

The Dark Net

Wylted
Started: 6/7/2016 Category: Technology

Saywuhhhhh

Con

The safety net around users will allow these individuals the opportunity to hide from law enforcement.
Wylted

Pro

I assume first round is for acceptance, but since my opponent gave an overviewvof his argument, I will give one on mine.

The dark/deep web is needed for the military and intelligence officers to communicate secretly. Eliminating the deep web wpuld compromise national security.
Saywuhhhhh

Con

Although it's agreeable the military uses this, so do others who have the ability to hide there without capture. Examples could include but be limited to Pedophiles.
Wylted

Pro

My opponent needs to explain his arguments a bit better. He does not deny that the darkweb is used by the miitary and is good for national security. My opponent would harm national security by shutting the deep web down.

Besides the national security aspect, there are real actual corrupt governments out there that will kill political dissidents, giving people a safe place to criticize their corrupt government. My opponent would see political dissidents have no outlet for their voice.

My opponent says:"The safety net around users will allow these individuals the opportunity to hide from law enforcement."

What does that even mean? Like if they get pulled over by the cops they can pull out their phone and log onto the darkweb to hide? Sorry con but that is not how it works. Not to mention that even if my opponent is referring to the anonymity of the dark web he fails to realize the regular web has a lot of anonymity. I have no ideal who he really is, and he has no ideal who I am. I don't think I would feel any safer if I did know who he was.

My opponent says:"so do others who have the ability to hide there without capture. Examples could include but be limited to Pedophiles."

The dark web once again cannot hide anybody from capture, it is not a physical location. It does grant some anonymity, but as I pointed out before so does the reguar web. As far as child molestors are concerned, most children are molested by somebody they know, they are not molested by a stranger on the dark web. When the show "To Catch a Predator" was on the air they caught thousands of predators on the regular web, and none on the dark web, showing he regular web to be more of a dangerous place to meet bad people.

Aonymity helps the government be more secure so another 9-11 doesn't appen, it allows political dissidents a safe place to speak so they are not imprisoned for their political beliefs.
Saywuhhhhh

Con

Saywuhhhhh forfeited this round.
Wylted

Pro

Please vote pro
Posted by Wylted 8 months ago
Wylted
Wow,
Posted by CrashGhost 8 months ago
CrashGhost
true the internet does have many DARK secrets and should always be moderated.
Vote Placed by ThinkBig 8 months ago
ThinkBig
SaywuhhhhhWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited
Vote Placed by Udel 8 months ago
Udel
SaywuhhhhhWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Cons only point is the military can use the dark web. Pro claims it is good for political dissidents. Pro says people can't hide in the dark web, which isn't true, but Con forfeited the next rounds (loss of conduct point) and did not explain how Wylted was wrong or not really explaining much. Con says pedophiles shouldn't be hidden but allowed to be captured And Wylted said pedophiles use anonymous features on the regular web too, so this isn't enough of a reason to ban the dark web.
Vote Placed by lord_megatron 8 months ago
lord_megatron
SaywuhhhhhWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited, so conduct goes to pro. Con argued that it would give anonymity to criminals, pro argued so does the regular internet. Pro argued it was needed for national security, con agreed. Pro argued that the darknet doesn't hide your physical location, con didn't rebut.