mapleleaf173
lelouch904

The Death Penalty Should Not Be Utilized by the US Justice System

mapleleaf173

Pro

Hello! I think the Death Penalty is an interesting topic to debate because it really makes us question the purpose of our criminal justice system. This is the first debate I have ever tried to create, so bear with me if I make newbie mistakes.

This Debate will be whether or not the Death Penalty should be utilized as a punishment in our criminal justice system, with me taking the position against its use. The Burden of Proof would be shared.

Some Definitions:
Death Penalty- "the punishment of execution, administered to someone legally convicted of a capital crime" (a capital crime in the US is: "capital offenses include espionage, treason, and death resulting from aircraft hijacking. However, they mostly consist of various forms of murder such as murder committed during a drug-related drive-by shooting, murder during a kidnapping, murder for hire, and genocide.")

Ultilize- "to practical and effective use of"

Thanks!
lelouch904

Con

People who are put on death row are supposed to beyond mental help( what I mean is sociopath and psychopath who will not stop killing no matter what we do) or someone else committed a capital crime. these people would do nothing but harm society even morwe. because if they were put into general population of a prison they could corrupt the minds of other inmates who will be getting out. also on another note What if even though it is highly unlikely what if one of these people escaped they're going to start doing what they got put in for again also another thing some of the things that these people do don't make them people anymore their just animals
mapleleaf173

Pro

mapleleaf173 forfeited this round.
lelouch904

Con

lelouch904 forfeited this round.
mapleleaf173

Pro

mapleleaf173 forfeited this round.
lelouch904

Con

lelouch904 forfeited this round.