Debate357
masterer1

The Death Penalty

Debate357

Con

The Death Penalty. Such a controversial topic. Though many people will argue against me, I strongly believe it is wrong in so many ways; Ethically, Morally, Humanly. It goes against Human rights #3 and 5. I have more arguments and a lot more details but I would like to save my "leverage". I am looking forward to debating this topic with someone.
masterer1

Pro

Debate357

Con

Debate357 forfeited this round.
masterer1

Pro

Sorry, but I have no idea how this goes if my opponent forfeits, so I'm just going to make a simple claim and then rebut Con's argument.

The Death Penalty is only applied to people with serious criminal acts. It is not a common punishment, as in 2014, there were just 35 executions throughout the U.S (1). These executions were done on criminals that committed very terrible and inhumane crimes, and had the potential to do more acts like these. Had they not been sentenced to death, these people could've caused more deaths and committed more crimes. The Death Penalty prevents even more deaths from happening by providing the sacrifice of just one felon, thus making the world a safer and more secure place

Con states that the Death Penalty is ethically, morally, and humanly wrong. However, these criminals have done acts that are all by far ethically, morally, and humanly wrong, thus making the felons worthy of persecution with the same ethically, morally, and humanly wrong methods.

U.N Human right 3 says, "Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person" (2). However, the criminals have denied other citizens of this right by threatening them with the possibility of death. Therefore, these criminals are breaking the Human Rights, allowing persecution to take place because they are exempt from the laws, as they have broke them. Same goes with 5.

1- http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org...
2- http://www.un.org...
Debate357

Con

Debate357 forfeited this round.
masterer1

Pro

masterer1 forfeited this round.
Posted by Chuz-Life 1 year ago
Chuz-Life
Please browse my profile and my past debates and tell me if you would like to debate me on the death penalty. I have put a lot of thought into the DP and I come down on the "pro" side but I have not debated it on DDO before.