WhyYesItIsTheYuki
Opaque

The Death Sentence. Should it be put into action or not?

WhyYesItIsTheYuki

Pro

I believe that the death sentence is sometimes necessary depending on how truly wicked some criminals and sex offenders are. I think that the death sentence is necessary for a murderer. A murder has taken a life, or lives and deserves to have their life taken as well. Child rapists also deserve to be put to death. They are completely wicked and deserve to be put to death for all of the horrible things they have done. The death sentence should only be given if the defendant is proven guilty. If a person commits a felony like stealing or tax fraud, they do not deserve the death sentence but just simply a sentence in prison.
Opaque

Con

In response to the argument above:
In essence you agree with "An eye for an eye". I don't think that the appropriate way to go about punishing serious offenders. I hope it's safe to assume that the "truely wicked" criminals you are referring to are not those who accidentally killed someone and are in reality are those who purposely inflicted pain onto another being for their satisfaction; in short in a non-humane fashion. The death penalty, by law, has to be executed in a humane way in order to inflicted the less possible pain as possible. If otherwise then it would be considered torture which was outlawed. I feel like the accused criminal would be getting off "easy" with something like the death penalty because they are not truly getting an "eye for an eye".

For example a person may have killed another by slowly stabbing them to death, yet when faced with the death penalty they are given the option of a last meal in addition dying by a injection. I believe that instead they should rot in solitude or/and the addition of some kind of torture to make the offender truly repent/regret their actions. That itself may seem harsh and inhumane however, I feel like that's a more suited alternative.
WhyYesItIsTheYuki

Pro

WhyYesItIsTheYuki forfeited this round.
Opaque

Con

Nothing to counter
WhyYesItIsTheYuki

Pro

WhyYesItIsTheYuki forfeited this round.
Opaque

Con

Opaque forfeited this round.
WhyYesItIsTheYuki

Pro

WhyYesItIsTheYuki forfeited this round.
Opaque

Con

Opaque forfeited this round.
WhyYesItIsTheYuki

Pro

WhyYesItIsTheYuki forfeited this round.
Opaque

Con

Opaque forfeited this round.