holla1755
Flameshot

The Decision of Lawrence v. Texas Is Incorrect

Flameshot has forfeited round #2.

holla1755

Pro

The Supreme Court of the United States's decision of Lawrence v. Texas (2003) is incorrect.

Neither the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment nor the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment provides a valid justification for the case's decision. The Due Process Clause guarantees procedural due process of law, not substantive due process of law, and the Equal Protection Clause guarantees the equal enforcement of the laws, not the equal content of the laws. "Increase Sexual Liberty" Facebook post, https://www.facebook.com..., posted Mar. 27, 2017, visited Jul. 11, 2017.

Furthermore, if the decision was correct, then at least one valid argument in support of the decision would have been provided in the case's opinion. No valid argument in support of the decision, however, was provided in the opinion. Id. Therefore by modus tollens, the decision is not correct.
Flameshot

Con

Who Cares? So what if some horrible, discriminatory law got nullified. If it means equality for homosexuals than honestly, why bother fighting a 14 year old case?
holla1755

Pro

I care, and I'm not a heterosexual. I am not concerned the "horrible, discriminatory" law got nullified; I am concerned about how it got nullified. There is no genuine legal avenue through which the law could have been nullified. The Supreme Court cheated. The Supreme Court itself broke the law.

I agree the law was discriminatory. But that alone is not sufficient legal justification to nullify the law. As I previously mentioned, the Equal Protection Clause, which was wrongly used as legal justification to nullify the law, guarantees the equal enforcement of the laws and does not guarantee the equal content of the laws.

This paragraph gives an example of the Equal Protection Clause. If a state had a law that prohibited all black people from attending college, that state may not violate the Equal Protection Clause. But if the state had the law and only enforced it upon all black people 35 years old or older, that state would violate the Equal Protection Clause.