jvava
Vignesh

The Decriminalization of Underage Drinking

jvava

Pro

I am in favor of the decimalization of underage drinking, because I believe that arresting a teen for drinking can have more of an effect on their lives than the alcohol can. I think, instead, their needs to be some sort of fee for breaking this law.

Please, no arguments in the first round. Simply acceptance.

Good luck, and may the best debater win.
Vignesh

Con

I will take up the 'con' position in this debate.
Please note that this is my very first debate so I may well make some amateurish mistakes. I hope everyone watching this debate, as well as the opposition speaker on the 'pro,' side will take this into consideration and not consider this a breach of standard 'debate.org' decorum, and judge me to that effect.

As I understand it, seeing as this is the first round, I am unable to post any arguments but rather 'acceptance.' I understand that 'acceptance,' here is stating that I indeed will take the position of 'con' or negative speaker in this debate, and I will be arguing the case that,'Underage drinking should be criminalized.'

If this is acceptable to the speaker on the 'pro' or affirmative side, then I would like to progress to round 2 where I will begin presenting the negative teams case.
jvava

Pro

jvava forfeited this round.
Vignesh

Con

I would like to know if my opponent is still active as he has forfeited the last round. If he is not active, I would ask that voters present all 7 points to me as it is incredibly frustrating to debate with an inactive person. If he is indeed active then I will let this debate be fair and not post any arguments this round, and wait for my opponent to post his arguments next round...

If my opponent abandons the debate, this shall be an automatic win for me.
jvava

Pro

jvava forfeited this round.
Vignesh

Con

Vignesh forfeited this round.
Posted by Vignesh 2 years ago
Vignesh
I would greatly appreciate any advice as to the basics of debating structure on this website:
ie. How many arguments are allowed per round etc.
Without further comment however, good luck to my opposition, and may the best debater win.