Kycam1
wolf24

The Democratc party is the party of racism

Kycam1
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Kycam1

Pro

In 1964 one of the greatest pieces of legislation passed the United States congress. This Act has come to be known as the Civil Rights Act. The question I have posed which political party has historically and even currently is racist. Whether explicit or implicit it is my personal belief that the Democratic party is the party of racism. Through exploring the history of each party I hope to illuminate which party has actually put racist policies in place. For this I will support that the Republican is not racist and I will go a step further adding that the party has never implemented a policy that was racist.

Starting with the founders of both parties I will move through history addressing every major bill on the topic of slavery and rights by each party. Ending with current events. To start there are questions that need to be addressed to prove that the democrats is not the party of racism. What if any are policies the republicans have passed that are racist? Who switched form the Democrats to Republicans making the party racist? Which party historically owned slaves? Which party passed more civil rights policies? Going into more current times was stop and frisk founded in racism?

Through this debate I hope to come to an agreement where we ay be able to have insights into how we can address racism in the future. It is not my intent to say racism currently does not exist. Also I am not here to say one party is better then another based on the history of each party. I will give the advantage to the one who chooses to debate me by not starting the debate until the second round. I am using this only to introduce one to the topic and the questions that need to be answered to win the debate. Good luck and my the best rhetoric win.
wolf24

Con

I wish good luck to my opponent throughout the debate.

I will be refuting the title of the debate: "The Democratic party is the party of racism."

You may have been wishing for a longer argument, but its really not that complicated. This is all I have to say:

I am a republican and I am not racist, yet everyone says that the Republican party are racists, or the democratic party is the party of racism. You need to specify to who you are talking to. ALL the democrats or a specific person? because i'm sure there are democrats that aren't racists.

Before we move on I would like to know who your talking about when you say "democrats," one person or all of them?
Kycam1

Pro

I am generalizing here. However, I am say in general Democrats and the democratic party are, and have been the party that implemented racist policies. I will start with the basics. Comparing the two founders of the parties Andrew Jackson was a slave owner, while Abraham Lincoln was the man who brought an end to slavery. It is reactively cut and dry to see which one was racist. Moving on to the civil war. At the time of the civil war and since there was not one republican that owned a slave. While the Democratic party was largely based in the south. Now some might say that was a long time ago thing have changed. For a large part they have. But when it come to slavery and racism they have not. The biggest argument for the republican party being racist is the myth of the big switch. This is thought to have happened around the civil rights era in the 1960's. The flaw in it is it did not happen. In the 1960's the republican were the one who for a large part passed the civil rights act. It was the democrats that filibustered it in congress and voted against it. The only person that switched was Strom Thurmond. During this time period only one in hundreds of thousands of racist dixiecrats switched parties. It was not until the 1980's until southerners started to vote republican. It has to be noted at this time racism in the south was on the decline. There is a correlation between this, that as racism in the south fell more and more southerners started to vote republican. I have not mentioned many other examples of the blatant racism of the democratic party but these are the key facts. Now that it has been established that the big switch is a myth. It has to be said that the Ku Klux Klan developed out of the democratic south. As racism was on the fall Woodrow Wilson revitalized it by showing a Klan movie in the white house. To this day that was the first movie ever screened in the white house. In the next round I will show modern examples of racism that have developed.
wolf24

Con

Alright, so the title of the debate should be "the democratic party originated racism." is that right?
if so, I have no refutations.
Kycam1

Pro

No, In this last argument I will show that the Democratic party has continued it prejudice even into modern day. I have already established the party has been historically racist. Since the early 1930's the policies of explicit racism through segregation to implicit racism. In the most basic way the democratic party has created a urban plantation through welfare programs. The party has created place where generation after generation black individuals are stuck in a corrupting system. The policies has destroyed the black family. Which hurts ones likelihood to bring themselves out of poverty. Being stuck in this "progressive" cycle has promoted crime. It has degraded the black culture to one seen through rap music. To be a popular rapper you half to have grown up in a very urban violent environment. The best example of this is Drake. Drake was born in Toronto Canada but to become popular he has had to take on this persona that he is from a urban American environment. Since my opponent has not given a argument I will end early. Thank you for the debate.
wolf24

Con

you got some nice history there!
Posted by BackCommander 4 months ago
BackCommander
If I could curse in these comments, believe me, I would. It seems your idiocy knows no bounds. I did not contradict what I said at all. Your failure to understand what I'm saying is laughable seeing as how what I'm saying is simply mocking you.
Posted by tonyrobinson 4 months ago
tonyrobinson
Why did you ajust contradict what you previously said? ARE you actually flip flopping on a debate.
Posted by BackCommander 4 months ago
BackCommander
For the record, I'm not a liberal. Now then, you can think it's BS all you want but that makes your argument as idiotic as the rest of those who ignore history. If you're too stupid to understand that the democrats of the past and the conservatives of today have extremely close ideals that's nobodies fault but your own.

I've heard that "reversal of parties argument is just liberal propaganda" argument for years and it's still just as much BS as it ever was. See how easy it is to word things like you're superior to someone else?
Posted by tonyrobinson 4 months ago
tonyrobinson
I have heard that whole reversal of parties argument for years and it is still as much BS as it ever was. Just another liberal line of BS that that liberals learn to regurgitate and act as though they have a clue what they are talking about.
Posted by BackCommander 4 months ago
BackCommander
It's unfortunate that Con didn't simply point out that the ideals held by the Democratic party during the times Pro is referencing are closer to modern republicans than to modern democrats. To use evidence that democrats of the past (who had ideals and motives that modern Republicans have) were racist to claim modern democrats are racist is ridiculous. Seriously, do a little research before you plan your "Gotcha!" moment next time.
Posted by CalebIMclean 5 months ago
CalebIMclean
Go Con!!!!!!!!
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 4 months ago
dsjpk5
Kycam1wolf24
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Con's only argument was off topic. He admitted ad much in the second round. Pro, on the other hand, was the only one who made an argument that was on topic... therefore arguments to Pro by default. All other topics were tied. With this in mind, Pro wins this debate.
Vote Placed by harrytruman 5 months ago
harrytruman
Kycam1wolf24
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was the only one who provided an argument, Con actually just said "you've got some nice history there," and basically forfeited the debate to pro.