PepePopo2012
Deprecitus

The Earth is flat/disk shaped

PepePopo2012

Con

I'd like to know about some logical/intuitive argument about why YOU think earth is flat. I don't mind links redirected to papers or video but I don't want someone copy pasting some old argument or whatever. I won't give you a physics book to read as my proof so I expect the same from you. I may however use some math on my proof (I'll try not to in order to make the argument easier or I will give a brief explanation of the tools I'm using).
Also I'd like to know any kind of new discoveries made by the flat earth theory.
Round 1: Give some proof for your belief, explain them in detail.
Round 2-4: debate
Round 5: Conclusion and final thoughts
Deprecitus

Pro

As you know, the Earth is flat. It has been for millions of years, since the coming of the aliens. Scientists have been trying to keep this secret from us for a long time. There are a few possible theories for this. One of many, and my favorite is the alien terraforming theory. Ancient Mexicans came from outer space in the early 1900's, when they landed, they saw that the Earth was too round, so they worked hard and flattened it. That's why they are such good landscapers. We all know how our ancestors tried to stop these invaders at the Alamo. You think you know how that turned out. America won, right? Wrong, propaganda made it seem as though we won, but in reality, we signed a peace treaty with Mexico, handing over our rights. We are being enslaved, and Americans need to wake up. B.o.B's new song, flatline, explains a lot about how scientists are paid to lie to us. You should give it a listen.
PepePopo2012

Con

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA ok, that was really funny, thanks for the laugh mate. I'm glad the number of people who believe absurd things like this isn't high enough to get an answer in this debate.
Deprecitus

Pro

I personally don't know anyone that believes the Earth is flat. The only person I have heard of that does (in modern times) is rapper B.o.B. Sorry about answering, but I didn't think you'd find anyone.
PepePopo2012

Con

Well I found some people on this website debating about it, so I thought that maybe someone here thought the earth was indeed flat. I also found an entire website dedicated to "proof" that the Earth is Flat. Even when all of there arguments are wrong it is a good and fun exercise to tell why are those arguments wrong.
Deprecitus

Pro

Deprecitus forfeited this round.
PepePopo2012

Con

PepePopo2012 forfeited this round.
Deprecitus

Pro

Deprecitus forfeited this round.
PepePopo2012

Con

PepePopo2012 forfeited this round.
Deprecitus

Pro

Deprecitus forfeited this round.
Posted by Edlvsjd 7 months ago
Edlvsjd
challenge me, I don't look for debates.
Posted by Thatguy90 10 months ago
Thatguy90
Yes pepepope it will be a blast indeed seeing you prove me wrong. Slowly freeing slaved minds one taxpayer at a time. The truth will set will set you free, but first itll piss you off! Ill walk back into my cage right now if you can begin dispute any of truths I've stated. But you can't, that little voice in the back of your head that you refuse to acknowledge will only get louder the more evidence that is presented that conflicts with your belief system. Once you go flat you never go back. A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it and the truth is the truth even if noone believes it. Knowledge is power and most are very weak.
Posted by Edlvsjd 10 months ago
Edlvsjd
Until you have looked at the arguments for flat earth, you are ignorant for automatically dismissing it.
Posted by Thatguy90 10 months ago
Thatguy90
Sorry for the hostility but the deception of mankind is a touchy subject for me to say the least.
Posted by Thatguy90 10 months ago
Thatguy90
Please I beg of you show me some forcefed pics from NASA or begin to elaborate your pathetic belief system with outrageous, untestable calculations that only astronomers can account for.
Posted by Thatguy90 10 months ago
Thatguy90
Why can the statue of liberty be seen from over 60 miles away? Lady Liberty erects a staggering 326 above sea level with the supposed curvature of the earth she should be 2074 feet below the line of sight, however a inexpensive telescope reveals every inch from top to bottom. 95% percent of Internet activity is directed via submarine fiber optic cable with the remaining 5% left to our cell phone towers. So wheres the room for the infamous satelittes that our tax dollars continue to pay for. Also how come the constellations have been observed for thousands of years with no change, they want me to believe the earth spins at some 1000 mph at the equator rotataing around the sun at 67000 mph and sun itself is traveling through space at a inconcievable speed of over 600,000 mph and yet the north star has guided travelers since we had the abitily to erect our heads upwards and observe them. How come a cannonball fired in every cardinal direction always covers the same amount of distance. Why is the UNs symbol that of the flat earth? Why is antartica off limits for normal citizens why is there mutli national navies patroling its borders? Why cant NASA perform the simple act of panning the camera 180 degrees after over 50 years of supposedly recording in space? What would be the reason for hiding such a lie of this magnitude, well that much is easily explained. If modern man was aware of the true shape of his world they then would come to the realization that were not here by chance, no cosmic anomaly. I'm no Christian btw if that's what your small mammal enslaved brain steers you to believe. Simply a truth seeker.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 11 months ago
Stonehe4rt
Also none of Modern Science does make sense, we have started seeing objects come out of blackholes, atoms moving faster than light, Electrons being at two places at once, huge particles, ect.... We confine "science" with the "laws of physics" that we create, but can you prove those are true? Can we prove it is impossible to create and destroy? So yes I denounce both Modern Science and Gravity.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 11 months ago
Stonehe4rt
I deny Gravity..... And won that debate. (Even though the opponet forfeited a lot...) However I still won it xD.

Well whether you agree with my stance or not, it still is viable that Gravity does not exist, there are many things to bring it to question.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 11 months ago
Stonehe4rt

Posted by TheRussian 11 months ago
TheRussian
It's...I mean, there are some interesting points, but evidence for Round Earth is overwhelming. To deny round Earth is to deny gravity, without which none of modern science makes sense, especially astronomy.