Trey383
lannan13

The Earth is round and you can't prove otherwise

Trey383 has forfeited round #3.
Started: 2/11/2018 Category: Funny

Trey383

Pro

Attention all flat Earthers! You are hereby invited to try and prove your stupid theory about the Earth being flat! Normal people can't accept! I wait to see how you try to prove something that's clearly impossible. I'm going to smash you to a pulp. I wonder if you can pull this off with good evidence and no flaws in logic.

Oh, also, there's a neat website, where you confident weirdos can try and prove the flat Earth and if you can prove it to this guy, you win a million dollars. I'm not sure if it's a joke or not, but I think it might be a joke, but you might want to try and prove it to him if you're so confident about your junk. Just a fun little online activity.

tinyurl.com/flatmillion

Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes, let's have a knock-down, drag-out, fight to the end and try to prove, once and for all, what shape the Earth is! Only flat-Earthers can accept! I await hearing your insane garbage!
lannan13

Con

Okay so let's get down to some crazy things for this wounderous debate.
So to clarify I will be debating that the Earth is flat by using the Neo-Classical Model with the following descripition.
  1. The earth is finite disk.
  2. The earth is being accelerate upwards at approximately 9.80665 m/s2.
  3. The earth is the only known "disk" in the universe.
  4. The laws of physics are the same in every inertial reference frame.
  5. The speed of light, measured in any inertial reference frame, always has the same value, c. [1]
Contention 1: Rotation of sun and the seasons.
Day/night cycle on a Flat Earth
One of the greatest questions you have right now is probably if the Earth is flat how does day and night work. Well the answer is actually that the Sun and the moon rotate around the Earth in a circular motion. As seen in the gif that I've provided above you can painly see that ti's a spotlight type roation as it rotates around the Earth illuminating only a certain portion of the Earth at a time simulating both night and day.

Here we can the if we were a photon that the Earth would shrink to ironically the same thickness that I have previously described. Here is a simulator that shows the exact same thing. [2]
Seasons in Flat Earth Theory
Seasons are explained above. As the Sun moves closer to the poles it becomes colder in the northern hemisphere while when the Sun is closer to the equatro it is actually summer time. [3]
If we use the above model we can see that the Earth is indeed the center of the Universe. Though the other planets may orbit the sun we can see that the sun and the rest of the solar system orbits around the Earth.
Further proof that the Earth is flat is when we observe cosmic rays and that they travel the speed of light. Now if we look at the simulator that I have provided you we can see that as things approach the speed of light they are flattend [4]. Cosmic rays called Muans are better known to collide in our atmosphere and we shouldn't be recieving barely any, however we get a whole lot more then expected, but since they're going so fast the Earth is flatter and the distance they have to cover is a whole lot closer. If you were a proton moving 99.999999% the speed of light you can see that the Earth would only appear to be 17 meters thick.

Contention 2: Gravity

Now before you jump to several statements that Gravity should collapse the Earth into a sphere there is just one problem with that. Gravity doesn't exist. How in the world is this you may ask. Well you can see that the Earth is actually accelerating up at the acceration of 9.88 meters per second. This explains Newton's gravitationial theory, but Newton was incorrect here. [5] With the increased accerlation it becomes apparent that this also causes you to be shorter at the end of the day. Now to further this I would like to clarify that gravitation, not gravity exists. This explains the tides as stars and the moon/other celestial bodies all have slight gravitationial pull.
Here is a list on how they are different in order to clarify the debate up a tad bit.

- Gravity or the gravitational field is a vector field, while gravitational force is only a vector.

- Gravity lies in the radial direction from the mass, while gravitational force is in the direction of the line connecting the two masses.

- Gravitational field requires only one mass, while two masses are required for gravitational force.

- Gravitational force is equal to the product of the mass of the test object and the gravitational field intensity. [6]

Now I want you to imagin living on this Earth, which as I showed earlier is just a flat disk. The gravitational force is actually angled to the point to where as you get further and further away from the center (the north pole) you can see that the increasing gravitationial force would cause you to want to fall back towards the center and not want to go towards the edge of the Earth. The people living away from the north pole would have their living conditions inclined in order to meet such a force. It would feel like you are trying to clime up a steeper and steeper hill. Contary to belief you wouldn't fall off the edge due to the gravitationial vector pointing back towards the north pole, the actual fear would be falling off the edge and rolling back towards the center as shown in the picture above.

That is all for my opening arguments and my rebuttles shall come in the next round as requested by my opponent.

1. (http://wiki.tfes.org...)
2. (http://demonstrations.wolfram.com...)
3. (http://wiki.tfes.org...)
4. Source 2
5. (http://wiki.tfes.org...)
6. (http://www.differencebetween.com...)

Trey383

Pro

you said "The earth is the only known "disk" in the universe"
Is the sun, moon, all the other stars we can plainly see in the night also Disks which are conveniently all facing towards us?
lannan13

Con

I have stated that the Earth is the only known disk in the universe and stand by that statement.
Posted by WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2 1 month ago
WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2
Earth is round, We go around it every day.
Posted by Merband.field 7 months ago
Merband.field
Axctually the erath is round on the top bjt falt on the bottm thats how it stands in spaace check yur privleage
Posted by Briannj17 7 months ago
Briannj17
Maybe the earth is flat after all
Posted by Omniscient19 7 months ago
Omniscient19
My gosh for a second even i was convinced the earth was flat(LOL) what an excellent job @lannan13
where did u find all that....never thought this debate could get this big.!!!!!!
Posted by Trey383 7 months ago
Trey383
dude, I just copied and pasted this argument to see if anyone would actually respond.
Posted by lannan13 7 months ago
lannan13
The Million dollar thing is probably a joke. I highly doubt anyone can really be convinced the Earth is flat and I doubt he'd give anyone a million. Note, I don't actually believe the Earth is flat, I just wanted to argue it for the sake of arguing it.