Jammie
Comeatmebruh666

The Earth is spherical (or at least closely spherical)

Comeatmebruh666 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Jammie

Pro

I am here to argue that the earth is spherical, or at least virtually spherical. Convince me that the earth is flat.
Comeatmebruh666

Con

So I accept because in my opinion your argument is flawed, in that the mathematical object sphere by definition, is an object with an infinite amount of points with the same distance from the shapes origin point, and from a mathematical perspective you would be absolutely wrong in stating that. Thank you.

And no I won't provide any evidence as to how the earth would be flat.
a) Because I don't believe in that statement.
and b) Because if you would've wanted to argue about that you would've chosen the topic "The earth is flat", not "The earth is spherical (at least closely spherical)."
Jammie

Pro

That's why I said 'virtually'. You can be as pedantic as you want on the definitions, but I'm looking for an intellectually stimulating debate on the shape of the earth. I said 'At least closely spherical'. The word 'closely' is relative and subjective, so if you want to debate on one another's definition of 'closely' we can do that but in all honesty it won't get anywhere as everyone has different subjective views.
Posted by gabriel.ungacta 1 year ago
gabriel.ungacta
Comeatmebruh666 why didn't you post your final argument on our debate?
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Assume the BoP is shared, Edvsjd. I'd imagine he expects his opponent to prove Flat Earth, while he proves Round Earth.
Posted by Edlvsjd 1 year ago
Edlvsjd
If so please state so in the opening round
Posted by Edlvsjd 1 year ago
Edlvsjd
You have not specified where the burden of proof lies you have challenged me and you are pro so I'm assuming that the burden of proof lies solely on you is this correct