OberHerr
Killin4Ever

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is the best RPG to date

OberHerr
Started: 11/29/2011 Category: Technology

OberHerr

Pro

First off, I would like to thank ahead of time whoever accepts my debate. Second I would like to ask my opponent to state what game he thinks "beats" the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, which I will put some links for information, and clarification. Third, this game must fit the description of "RPG" or Role-playing game, shown here:

And lastly, this is only the accepting period, and the only thing my opponent should say is your counter-game.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com...
Killin4Ever

Con

SKYRUM SUCKS AND RPG GAME ARE EVEN WORST.
THIS IS WHY IT SUCKS:
-No guns.
-No quick time events.
-Linear.
-Terrible character models and animations.
-No lifers reading this thread.
-No cinematics.
-No Nathan Drake jokes.
-Laggy, glitchy, bugged.
-Bad dungeon design.
-Repetitive after the first 20 hours.
-Less than 30 different monsters.
-Difficulty adds fake difficulty.
-Combat feels dull.
-I complain about every game.
-Graphics not better than BF3.
-Dragons are always the same.
-Gets boring frequently.
-Dungeons always have the same enemies.
OberHerr

Pro

First off I would like to state that you have broken the rules I set up at the beginning, and have no stated a counter game. But, I will debate you none-the-less.

If words are in ( )'s then that will be me commenting.

SKYRUM (Rum?) SUCKS AND RPG GAME(S) ARE EVEN WORST.
THIS IS WHY IT SUCKS:
-No guns. (It's a medieval fantasy styled game! Why should there be guns?)
-No quick time events. (Actually, there kinda are, as you can see from the video.)
-Linear. (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......Just.......LOL!)
-Terrible character models and animations. (Yes for a game that has a massive world with hundreds, if not thousands of NPC's, and incredible detail, with around 400-600 hours of gameplay on your first character, then we expect COD graphics......)
-No lifers reading this thread. (Shows how serious of a debater his is)
-No cinematics. (Well, actually t the beginning there is one sorta. Also name one TES game that has cinematics?
-No Nathan Drake jokes. (What?)
-Laggy, glitchy, bugged. (Ditto argument for the graphics complaint. And also it just came out, and there was no real Beta. Wait a little for patches.
-Bad dungeon design. (I ask anyone reading this to look up the first dungeon in the game, and tell me it has bad design.)
-Repetitive after the first 20 hours. (Well, from what I have read so far, I find it hard to believe you played fr even 20 hours. But, putting that aside, if you do the guild quests alone, you will know that its not repetitive.)
-Less than 30 different monsters. (And that's an only? First of just about each monster type has about two or three variations of it, and here is a list of MORE than 30 monsters:

1. Falmer
2. Centurion Sphere
3. Chaurus
4. Ice Wraith
5. Troll (Any relation?)
6. Giant
7. Vampire
8. Werewolf
9. Bear
10. Dragon
11. Mammoth
12. Fire Atronach
13. Ice Atronach
14. Storm Atronach
15. Mud Crab
16. Centurion Spiders
17. Dragon Priest
18. Draugr
19. Dremora
20. Ghost
21. Goblin
22. Horker
23. Sabre Toothed-Cat
24. Steam Centurion
25. Skeleton
26. Skeever
27. Slaughterfish
28. Spriggan
29. Wolf
30. Spider

For the list Look here: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com...

-Difficulty adds fake difficulty.(I really am doubting you have played this game at this point.)
-Combat feels dull. (I will admit, if all you do is swing a mace or sword around, not using any real strategy, the yes it will.)
-I complain about every game. (.......)
-Graphics not better than BF3. (See above, my comments on him complaining on graphics above.)
-Dragons are always the same. (Umm...no they are not. Some use frost attacks, while others use fire, or a mix of both. They get more health later on, have different attack styles, will appear in different terrain, and are stronger.)
-Gets boring frequently. (Thank you for repeating something you already said....)
-Dungeons always have the same enemies. (Look at the list of just the basic enemy species, not including sub-species.)

Honestly,I can only hope my opponent is joking, and if so I find it rude of you to ruin what could have been a good debate. I will be re-posting this debate later, so that it will actually be beneficial to people viewing it.
Killin4Ever

Con

Let's start with Skyrim: There was recently a video interview of Craig Lafferty, the lead producer. He immediately starts by talking about taking advantage of the 360 and PS3 hardware, and then goes on to say that the consoles are their "lead skew". They are developing Skyrim for the consoles and porting it to the PC, not the other way around (as would be expected of Bethesda, especially for a game in the Elder Scrolls series). I start hating Craig by about 22 seconds into the video. Then, he starts talking about making Skyrim "easy to play" and accessible for the "average person". Urghhhh. To make matters worse, he said they wanted to change the user interface to get away from stats "and things like that".

I couldn't watch the video after that point, everything that came out of his mouth made me rage… It'll be a beautiful game, no doubt, but if what that guy said was true, it'll be missing a lot of the complexity and realism that I had originally anticipated.
OberHerr

Pro

Let's start with Skyrim:"

That is what we were talking about to begin with. And you still have not stated a counter game

"There was recently a video interview of Craig Lafferty, the lead producer. He immediately starts by talking about taking advantage of the 360 and PS3 hardware, and then goes on to say that the consoles are their "lead skew". They are developing Skyrim for the consoles and porting it to the PC, not the other way around (as would be expected of Bethesda, especially for a game in the Elder Scrolls series)."

I'm still not seeing the reason it sucks. The fact that they built it like that does not detriment the game-play at all, and to be frank, I am guessing that more people lay it on console, than PC.

"I start hating Craig by about 22 seconds into the video. Then, he starts talking about making Skyrim "easy to play" and accessible for the "average person". Urghhhh. To make matters worse, he said they wanted to change the user interface to get away from stats "and things like that"."

So? If a game is to complicated to play from the get go, people will just get frustrated. You have to understand, this game was made FIVE YEARS after Oblivion, so for many people (Like myself) this is their first time playing a TES game. Therefore, many people are not going to to have any prior experience with TES games, hence them trying to make it easier so that new people don't have to think "Ok, so what is the button, to (Insert action here)". As for the interface being cleaned up, why is that a bad thing? From what I have read from reviews, its a good improvement from Oblivion.

If you want to have an answer to that either:

A) Play the game.
or
B) Read these reviews, or watch the video above: http://pc.ign.com...
http://www.gameinformer.com...

Other than that, I'm not sure what else there is to debate about.
Killin4Ever

Con

geuss what u suck i win skyrim sucks and every game is better than it so ha.
OberHerr

Pro

I suppose my opponent has decided to throw a perfectly good debate away. I rest my case.
Killin4Ever

Con

Killin4Ever forfeited this round.
OberHerr

Pro

Vote Pro!
Killin4Ever

Con

you know what you whant to talk about my grammer i just have to do better at this debate.
Here is five reasons why Skyrim is a SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!:

You Can't Shoot People

Come on! It's the 21st Century already! Why the... are people still making games where we're not running around shooting people non-stop? Skyrim might have swords, but they're so middle ages. Imagine running around the world of Skyrim armed with an AK-47 or a FAL. Oh it would be majestic. Although there's no real cover system to speak of, so that would have to be addressed too. In fact, what the... were Bethesda thinking? Look at the sales figures for The Best Game In The World of All Time Ever, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, to see that guns and explosions are what the people want, not some stupid storyline and non-playable characters you can't even kill.

Magic Isn't Real!

So let's say we can get past the whole no guns thing for a few minutes... you've still got magic in the game world. And dragons. How is that supposed to draw you in? Magic is stuff for kids' birthday parties and strange smelling old men who dress funny. Shooting people in the face is real. How anyone could take a game with spells seriously is beyond us.

No Multiplayer? Pfft!

Bethesda has created this massive world for us to explore, but then they completely failed to give us multiplayer? What a wasted opportunity. Anyone who has played Skyrim for longer than ten minutes and hasn't fallen asleep due to all that dialogue and side-quest nonsense will surely agree that the game needs some kind of barbaric sword swinging team death match to really save it. It's embarrassing to think that nobody at Bethesda realised that this kind of thing is integral to a game's success nowadays.

Marriage? Seriously?

Why on earth would anyone want to get married in a video game? It's bad enough that most of us end up having to do it in real life without having to listen to a virtual nag getting on your case all the time. It's not even like you can reap any of the real world rewards of having a missus, like tasty dinners or a home that seems to magically tidy itself when you're off out pillaging. If we wanted that kind of crap in our games we'd go buy The Sims or something equally idiotic.

HOW MANY HOURS???

Bethesda have seriously misunderstood the needs of the modern gamer with the obscene length of Skyrim. Not only do you have a main quest that's longer than the entirety of many other franchises played back to back, but then there's the potentially infinite side-quests to take into account. Give us a break Bethesda! Don't you know that all we're interested in is blowing stuff up and taking part in ten minute games with a 3 minute break in between.

The way Skyrim has turned out, you'd think that Bethesda knew nothing about the gaming industry and the needs of gamers today. We think they need a crash course in how to make games that people actually want!
Posted by kyro90 5 years ago
kyro90
I actually beg to differ on not being able to shoot people in skyrim. You can "shoot" and arrow at someone. Just saying...
Posted by kyro90 5 years ago
kyro90
Plus, I hate FPS games like MW3 and all that, just dosnt have the "reach out to the universe" Kind of gameplay....
Posted by kyro90 5 years ago
kyro90
Lol yeah not to be mean but the arguments by killen were not as good as I hoped from an elder scrolls debate..
Posted by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
Yeah its in COD games you can't kill everyone. Seriously, his arguments were just so dum, I almost don't wanna take the win. Hoping I'll be able to repost this and have a real debate.
Posted by kyro90 5 years ago
kyro90
Lol in the elder scrolls series you can kill anyone without a crown in their crosshairs lol
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
I "liked" Con's argument that magic isn't real. If that's how you judge a game, then that means Halo, Mario, SSBB, Nintendo Games, Zombie Games, or any game with any fictional character in it is bad, lol.
Posted by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
Wait did he say NPC's you can't kill?...................................................................................................................................WOW
Posted by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
Grey Parrot's reasons for his vote made me laugh. He had more convincing arguments? REALLY? Did you read ANY of the debate?
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
Con lost points for conduct for insulting Pro and FF a round. Pro had better arguments because Con's arguments were opinionated. The few that were factual were not very good and were in the last round; thus, they should not be counted. Pro is the only one who gave sources, so he gets my source vote as well. Good job Pro, not so much to Con.
Posted by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
All I have to say after those tirades he gave is
"You mad bro?!"

Nuff said.
Vote Placed by kyro90 5 years ago
kyro90
OberHerrKillin4EverTied
Reasons for voting decision: Im not a big fan of Shooting guns, or "drake jokes" even though im sure hes been talking about the Uncharted Series. Ive played it and have one and two. Dont get me wrong I think its good but I just think that I disagree with pretty much all of Cons arguments.. Oh and I also want to add that I am sure that there are good graphics on the players, and dungeons and there are actually many many different monsters. Though I do agree that it is a bit laggy. I have Oblivion and Arena on PC and have EXP
Vote Placed by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
OberHerrKillin4EverTied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments section.
Vote Placed by Greyparrot 5 years ago
Greyparrot
OberHerrKillin4EverTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for forfeit.... Good point though about it being 21'st century, I saw the clip and it amazes me that programmers CONTINUE to show red blood spatter dots on the screen as if there is a camera out there recording your dragon kill...hello, we want to forget we live in a word of cameras and technology!!
Vote Placed by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
OberHerrKillin4EverTied
Reasons for voting decision: PRO didn't ff, and his points were clear. CON's arguments were 50 subjective and his own opinions... PRO's arguments also had sources to back them up. CON - posting arguments in the last round is cheap.