Ariesx
RavenNightsky

The Empire/First Order is for the greater good for the galaxy

Ariesx

Pro

Round 1-Acceptance, Round 2-Cases, Round 3-Rebuttals, Round 4-Defense
I will be defending First Order/Empire actions, while Con will attack the First Order/Empire actions, and defend the Galactic Republic.
RavenNightsky

Con

I'm excited to see what you come up with. I can already see what you might say. I hope this provides a challenge for both of us.
Ariesx

Pro

Thank you to my opponent for accepting this debate.
Empire/First Order will be just referred to as Empire. We will just count both orders as one.

The World- The Star Wars Universe is extremely big. Their are described to thousands of star systems. The Republic used to have control over all of them. The Separatists came, and started to take planets for themselves. I am representing the point of view that the Empire is for the greater good. I will be arguing from the utilitarian perspective. My wording is precise. A greater good does not mean morality. My opponent is free to argue that good means morality, but I will argue that order and stability are better in the galaxy.

Order- Before the Empire, their was the Republic. The Republic was in an active war with the Separatists. A lot of people at the end of the war thought that the Republic was becoming increasingly corrupt. Now, we all now that the Republic had a level of corruption, because of the Chancellor. The Chancellor was secretly a Sith lord that was the master of Count Dooku who was the leader of the Separatists. Now, one might say that all my arguments against the Republic should be directed at the Chancellor. No, the idea that something like this could happen is a problem with the institution itself. The Senate is corrupt. Their is evidence that the senate is full of self-serving people.http://www.starwars.com...
This link provides evidence for the corruption in the senate. Their were senators that were noted for taking bribes, and some were actually being funded by the separatists. Also, in real life their is a lot of corruption in the US senate. Senators are being funded my special interests left and right. Just imagine that in a whole galaxy. America has only 300 million people. In the Star Wars Universe, their are quadrillions and quadrillions of people being represented by an idealistic system that has already to be proven does not work. The Senate does not work, and is very corrupt. Padme has also stated in the prequels that the Republic does not represent the views of the common man. The Republic is also not prepared for war. They quickly decide to give the Chancellor emergency powers. Just imagine if the Chancellor did not have these powers, and the senate had to argue about military affairs, and which planet to invade. Just note that their are hundreds and hundreds of senators that would be arguing. This contention is titled order. Continuous arguing and bickering would eventually lead to chaos. Their needed to be order. Palpatine gave that to the galaxy. The only people that ruined this were the rebels.

Framework- Now, this is where it gets controversial. Fear tactics were abused in the Empire. Darth Vader and Commander Tarkin were experts in this. They were experts in crushing minor rebellions, until Vader became emotional with his son. Vader was basically the poster boy for the empire. Basically, if you break the law, than the Empire would be extremely strict about it. This was a great way in preserving order. To be clear, I am arguing from a utilitarian perspective. From a utilitarian perspective, the empire was great. The empire had advanced the technology significantly. They were able to build a death star which is proof of scientific achievement. Now, one might think that this is selfish. Well, when nuclear technology was discovered, it was used for a lot of things. With all of the science that was accomplished to make the death star, they could do a whole lot of good. They also created a good economy. The death star created jobs for people. The emperor wanted the military to be extremely strong. So, he gave a lot of people jobs which created a good productive economy. Their were also billions and billions of stormtroopers which also are also counted as jobs. http://boards.theforce.net...
http://whatculture.com...

Ideals- Now, the Empire had an ideology that would justify everything they did. I can give you a good belief system that the empire had which would explain why Vader, Palpatine, and Tarkin all thought that they were good guys. Palpatine himself thought he saved the galaxy when he became the Emperor. I would like to quote Kylo Ren, and how he justifies himself as the good guy. "It is the task of the First Order to remove the disorder from our own existence. So that civilization may be returned to the stability that promotes progress. Stability that existed under the empire that was reduced to anarchy by the rebellion, and was inherented by the so called new Republic. This stability will be restored by us. Future historians will look upon this as the time when a strong hand brought the rule of law civilization.".
I look forward to the next argument.
Thank you for accepting this debate.
RavenNightsky

Con

RavenNightsky forfeited this round.
Ariesx

Pro

The Empire/First Order is for the greater good for the galaxy. It is also a greater good for Pro to win this round. If Con comes back in Round 3, he can still rest his case. But, points are still going to be counted off.
RavenNightsky

Con

RavenNightsky forfeited this round.
RavenNightsky

Con

RavenNightsky forfeited this round.
Posted by Ariesx 1 year ago
Ariesx
I hate myself
Posted by Ariesx 1 year ago
Ariesx
Yeah! I have a new opponent. Thank you RavenNightsky for accepting, I had another opponent Eelijun was referring too. Something happened to him though
Posted by AngryBlogger 1 year ago
AngryBlogger
I honestly can't see how the pro truly believes the empire/first order is for the greater good of the galaxy in which they could give a flying F about.

They did blow up princess Leia's home planet, even when they knew she was lying about where the rebels were. It's safe to assume they would blow up many home planets, and kill people who do not pledge to them if they had conquered the rebels.

There is a reason they call it the dark side, and a reason the Sith said "come rule the galaxy with me Luke Skywalker" or along the lines of that. Planets are more so a democracy sorta, not all, but a good number are. They would go into a dictatorship and that IS NOT for the greater good of the galaxy. History has proven time and time again dictatorships aren't good, and the people does not want to be ruled by dictators.

Also being ruled is taking a step back and not advancing at all as society. It creates slave labor, and puts many at risk. How is this for the greater good? Take real life examples like some middle eastern countries not allowing women to go to school and learn. How is that good? How? IT'S NOT. We need to progress, that's what our species and life has depended on and done since we been around. Why hold women back? The empire/first order would have done exactly something along the lines of that holding others back from learning, and a ton of stuff. Disagreements would mean death. No one should live like that, and no planets should just be destroyed cause so and so hates this person.
Posted by Eeliejun 1 year ago
Eeliejun
sorry for the bad debate candidate, but anyway long live the empire and I hope you will have a normal debate about this one day ^^