BlueGalaxy
OMGJustinBieber

The Ethical Value of Homosexuality

Con Tied Pro
Reasons for your voting decision - Required

BlueGalaxy

Con

I would like to herein discuss the ethical value of homosexuality. The reason I use the word ethical rather than moral is because of the distinction between right and wrong and good or bad. I am aware that when naturally defined, they do not carry any sort of dissimilar connotation. However, for the sake of this discussion, one of my initial methods was to remove all conceptions of subjectivity that could have entered in where I do not intend them to belong. Through my personal terms, ethicality applies to right and wrong(as in logistical/objective significance) whereas morality applies to good and bad(as in assigning emotionality towards any such object that does not necessarily(necessarily as in the modal connotation) bare intrinsic emotional substance). Thus to engage in such a debate means leaving out elements that deal with sentiment. For future reference, I am a devout Atheist, a theoretical Nihilist; my ethical orientation is that of evolutionary epistemology(and thence evolutionary ethics) and my personal view is that homosexuality per se is neutral but the advocacy, normalization, and general acceptance of it, however, is not(as in it is negative). I am not looking to debate somebody who is emotionally invested unless they have a prevailing sense of rationality.

I do look forward to a sincerely stimulating debate! Thanks in advance to my opponent.
OMGJustinBieber

Pro

Challenge accepted. State your case in the next round.

This should be interesting since we share some of the same ethical and religious framework, although I don't believe that evolutionary theory should serve as a prescriptive moral guide. I'm not going to become overly semantic here, but it seems you've already conceded that the moral value of homosexuality is neutral, not negative. However, you expound on this view and add that the normalization of homosexuality is not acceptable, so I'm inclined to believe that this will become more a socio-philosophical debate rather than a purely ethical one?
BlueGalaxy

Con

The burden of proof lies on Pro. It is his/her responsibility to set first. This utterly blatant evasion should be noted in regards to conduct points.
OMGJustinBieber

Pro

Only it's not.

If you're claiming that X is not morally acceptable, you need to make an argument for that. Do we just assume everything is immoral until proven otherwise? If you're going to say something like "eating meat is not morally correct" you need an argument for that rather than just fallaciously lay the burden of proof on Pro to justify his position.
BlueGalaxy

Con

The way in which I set up the argument was to have pro carry the burden of proof, as in all other arguments.You shouldn't have chosen to engage if you weren't going to follow the rules. This is utterly ridiculous that you're willing to be this immature.
OMGJustinBieber

Pro

No matter how much you complain the burden of proof does not change.
BlueGalaxy

Con

The burden of proof is always on Pro. I am dumbfounded at the sheer audacity required to pull such a stunt as this one. I'm going to be starting this debate again, if anybody will take it seriously I will gladly debate you instead of this immature fraud of a person.
OMGJustinBieber

Pro

Yeah, but no. You're saying Pro always has BoP regardless of resolution? What if one resolution is "Homosexuality is morally acceptable" while the other resolution is "Homosexuality is not morally acceptable." You're literally making stuff up off the top of your head.

We can all do this. My pet rabbits can fly - then again, it's probably expected given your stance that homosexuality is not morally acceptable from a societal viewpoint.
BlueGalaxy

Con

BlueGalaxy forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Wallstreetatheist 4 years ago
Wallstreetatheist
BlueGalaxyOMGJustinBieberTied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter VB MassDebator255
Vote Placed by MassDebator255 5 years ago
MassDebator255
BlueGalaxyOMGJustinBieberTied
Reasons for voting decision: homo is as homo does.
Vote Placed by Dimmitri.C 5 years ago
Dimmitri.C
BlueGalaxyOMGJustinBieberTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
BlueGalaxyOMGJustinBieberTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con fails to support his claims and even tries to shift the burden of proof on his opponent--abortively...This debate should have been titled, 'The full burden of proof' is on my opponent', since Con goes into a tantrum with Pro about the issue of burden of proof.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
BlueGalaxyOMGJustinBieberTied
Reasons for voting decision: BoP was not stated in the OP, when Bieber asserted as he should, Con essentially conceded.