WilliamsP
Hungkeng

The European Union and the United States should be allied.

WilliamsP

WilliamsP

Pro

I am going to make my claim:

The European Union and the United States should be allied. They should work together to promote global economic growth, to eliminate terrorism and communism, and to institute democracy.

I look forward to debating this topic with anyone that opposed by view.
Hungkeng

Con

Your argument for that with all of them, the world could be a better world might be true. But it is not practical. How can the European Union and the United State be allies when the USA is actually being suspicious on each other. Why should the number 1 country in the world, United State of America, be allies with the group of country that are lamer than she? Why would American want that to happen to them? In addition to my point, when they are allies, they need to support each other. This means that they need to share their supply and most important of all, sharing technology. America is already spying on every head of state from every country. How can the European Union trust them. And also, why should America share the technology with them. I strongly feel that by doing so, there will protest coming up. And according to your topic sentence, would they kill the "terrorism"? I would like to challenge you to rebut my arguments. Therefore, I am proud to end my speech.
WilliamsP

Pro

I will organize my points in well-structured paragraphs:

The Global Economy
The European Union contains some of the most successful and most powerful nations in the history of mankind. Among them are:

Germany - currently the fourth largest economy
France - currently the fifth largest economy
United Kingdom - currently the seventh largest economy
Italy - currently the tenth largest economy

These are statistics for the year of 2014. For more information regarding exactly how much money these nations have, go to the link below:
http://money.cnn.com...

As you can see, the European Union is a very successful cluster of countries. Now, I understand that some nations in the EU are in a recession right now. However, because there is a union between these nations, the recession will be dealt with and these nations will be supported by their fellow EU members.
I truly believe that the EU and US should join forces and work together to promote the global economy. Trade should be increased and EU-US relations should continue growing.

The NSA
I understand that the NSA is "spying" on nations' head of states. I acknowledge that fully.
http://www.thepeoplesvoice.org...

There is the question of trust, yes. But this trust can be earned again. I am appalled by the United States' conduct, but that does not mean that the US cannot be forgiven. If the US can cease the spying program and can regain trust from other nations, a EU-US partnership should occur as soon as possible.

Terrorism
The EU and the US should forge a military alliance that will eradicate terrorism. I understand that the EU's largest economy, Germany, was once a country filled with injustice -with respect to the victims of the Holocaust - but the modern Germany will never do what it once did. Germany is now a country full of justice and equality and is, in many ways, more free than the United States is. However, this is a whole other debate.
The EU countries' troops and the US' troops should move into countries devastated by terrorism and contain the terrorists. I do not believe in the death penalty, so, in my personal opinion, the terrorists should not be killed. The EU and the US would then capture the terrorists and would kill them if, and only if, they had no other choice. The EU and US would then ensure that they receive the punishments they deserve.
I understand that the United States has the largest military in the world currently. However, that does not mean that the US is invincible or doesn't need any help. Therefore, this is another vital point that supports my claim.

The Treat of Communism
Communism is beginning to grow. The communist movement is spreading through many countries, including China and North Korea especially. I claim that these two nations are NOT communist, but that they are extremely socialist. Therefore, the United States and the European Union should work with other nations in order to institute democracy and eradicate communism.

The Future
A brighter future and a better tomorrow will be ensured whenever a EU-US partnership begins. I know these two unions are already allied in many ways, but my vision is not yet completed. My vision is justice, equality, democracy, truth, trust, wisdom, science, logic, peace, and technology. This vision is not yet completed. However, a EU-US partnership will ensure this vision's completion.

I look forward to your rebuttals. In my opinion, my points cannot be rebutted against, but I shall see.
Hungkeng

Con

Hungkeng forfeited this round.
WilliamsP

Pro

My opponent forfeits. I will give him an opportunity to make a sophisticated argument in the next round. I believe I have made valid points and therefore will not make any more arguments until he has made his.

I would also like to point out that I misspelled a few words accidentally. I wrote too fast and didn't fully review the argument before posting it. Voters, please do not count this against me. Thank you.

Hungkeng, I look forward to your argument so that the debate can continue.
Hungkeng

Con

I understand your point that with them together, the world could be a better place. In this argument I am going to mention the negative effect of them being allies and what harm can it being. But before I move on I would like to state some rebuttals. First of all you mention that the trust can be regained. How can the European Union be so sure? Must the United State of America give the technology away so that they both can have trust with each other? On the other hand, Snowden telling the others that US is spying is considered as a betrayal because it is a top secret. If the US actually cease it, how can you be so sure that the US won't have another new technology which is more powerful and even more effective. Lets make this countries into an example. If a kid name Susan wants to know what her friends are doing. Susan works with a guys named Obame. And one day, Obame just tell the other friend what she is doing. First of all, the friends would be curious at why is she doing that and in the worst case, they are mad at her. Secondly, she would be totally mad at Obame cause she ruined the relationship between her and her friend. Obame might actually got bullied or physically injured by Susan. What if this story is in real life. In the story, it is just a small conflict between friends. What if we extend this into a real life situation? I mean the real life situation that is between countries can be worst by a million times! On my second rebuttal, the terrorism may not be solved. How could a person feel so safe if there are groups of solider from other nation in your house investigating. And secondly, why would America, the greatest country in the world, want to give away their new technology to the countries that are actually worse than them. For this communism issue, you are trying to say that communism is bad. Now we should come to the freedom of choices. If the country want communism, we should let them have it. How can a ruler be respected if they force others. On the other hand, we would have world war 3 if the us and eu are going to ban communist. I am not saying that communist is good but like I say, it is the freedom of choices.

Now I would like to start my argument:

Both sides needs improvement:

Us is considered the most powerful country I can not deny that. But Us have a lot of state. 1 government can not control so much of the people. On the other hand EU have so many problem about crimes. If we talk about Europe, we will always have the topics about crimes. Since both of the sides needs development, why should they be allies. Both sides should be ready for the changes when they are going to be allies.

Some problems:

First and most important of all, languages. German have their own language. France have their own language. Which language are going to use? Secondly, all countries are strong. If they are allies, they will all have their own opinion. If there are different opinion, the development will be slower. I will explain this. For example, if Germany wants to have a change and Us say no. On the other hand, the Denmark support Germany. In order to solve the problem, they must discuss this ( which will take a lot of times. If they can't agree, there will be conflict once again. According to your message, you say that some of the country are among the most powerful. The point is, if there are such ranking, there would be the willing to win each other and lastly, causing conflict again.

Future:

I must admit that both of them are very powerful. But both sides needs development and this is not yet the right time.
WilliamsP

Pro

You wrote the following:

First and most important of all, languages. German have their own language. France have their own language. Which language are going to use?

I must say, the argument is invalid. You do realize that English is a world language, yes? The EU and US would communicate in English. Now, there are some other world languages as well: Spanish and German. There will not be any communication issues.

You also wrote:

I would like to point out your grammar and spelling errors. However, that is unimportant. I will not deny that both sides have their flaws. But on the other hand, these nations can work together for a common cause.

How can the European Union be so sure? Must the United State of America give the technology away so that they both can have trust with each other?

No, they do not.

If there is any time these two entitites must come together for a common cause, it would be now.

I am going to restate my points simply for review:
  1. The EU and US would work together to promote global economic growth.
  2. The NSA problem can be solved.The EU and US would cooperate in the quest of eliminating terrorism.
  3. The threat of communism and/or dictatorships can be resolved.
  4. The union of the US and EU would ensure a brighter and better future for all of us.
Hungkeng

Con

Hungkeng forfeited this round.
WilliamsP

Pro

My opponent forfeits. Unless he makes a marvelous rebuttal in the next round and explains his reasons for forfeiting, he will definately lose this debate.
Hungkeng

Con

Hungkeng forfeited this round.
Posted by Hungkeng 3 years ago
Hungkeng
I am so sorry for not answering the last round there will be no mistake like this again. Please forgive me
Posted by Hungkeng 3 years ago
Hungkeng
Posted by WilliamsP 3 years ago
WilliamsP
There are a few minor spelling errors in here. I wrote it just a little too fast. Voters, please do not count that against me. It will not happen again.
Posted by WilliamsP 3 years ago
WilliamsP
I misspelled "Threat". That is what happens when you write too fast.
Posted by Spaghetti 3 years ago
Spaghetti
The United States is a very powerful nation, but that the EU is "lamer"? At least we EU has got happy members and no major issues...
Posted by Hungkeng 3 years ago
Hungkeng
Dont do that. I am here to challenge you!!! XD
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
Just cancel it.
Posted by WilliamsP 3 years ago
WilliamsP
Nevermind. This debate is going to fail. I wasted my time making this.
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
But still what?
Posted by WilliamsP 3 years ago
WilliamsP
I know. But still.
Vote Placed by jamccartney 3 years ago
jamccartney
WilliamsPHungkengTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had beter conduct, owing to the fact that Con forfeited. Pro used better spelling and grammar. Pro's arguments were longer, which gives him credit for more convincing arguments. Con did not actually use any sources, while Pro did.