The Existence Of One God

The existence of one god.
~God is real
~Jesus Christ is not his son, merely a prophet of god.

The existence of the god you follow very well could be turn out to be correct, but there doesn't appear to be any valid evidence to support him, so we can't say that he is real for sure. I'll ask that you provide some so I'll have something to work with. Anyway, I'll go ahead and explain my doubts on intelligent design so I'll have something to say. IF we were designed by a perfect being, and I mean absolutely perfect, then we would have a perfect design. We do not have this. The hole that I breathe through is also the same hole that I swallow through. This is an extreme choking hazard, and not a great design if you ask me. Lots of people die from choking. Why don't I have eyes on the back of my head? Wouldn't that be a better design so I could see from behind me? Now, of course, these arguments aren't against the existence of god, rather a designer, but in your case you believe both, so I thought I might throw those out there.

As far as God being a designer, he is indeed the perfect designer. Have you taken anatomy and physiology? If you take the fundamentals course you will learn so much about the human body and the way it works. humans are lucky. We have Amazing brains and the capacity to think,learn, and grow. Physically speaking , every human has his strength and weakness'. You can say that God created us perfectly whether or not you believe so or not. Yeah super powers would be cool but that wouldn't make us perfect. I think it's pretty perfect how Dubai has sky scrapers created by man. and we are now inventing supercars, planes and hoverboards. The only thing that is stopping the human race is knowledge. God holds knowledge. God is the only one who can tell you the gender of the fetus before the baby has even developed.
As far as specifically your throat goes. There is yes, one mouth in which your food enters. But it would be weird to have 2. Your trachea is which you breathe is diffrent from your esophagus in which you eat. Your trachea is covered by an epiglottis which contracts when you eat and such so food doesn't travel down the wrong pipe. God is capable of perfection. He created us the way a are and also created improvments. Without the epiglottis then it would be even more dangerous.
Although you cannot see something it surely may exist. You must have an open mind because nothing proves that God isn't real either. in the past the prophet's recieved

books from god. I don't believe that a man whom couldn't read or write can event such a book. Such a book that held scientific evidence before it was possible to learn. I.e Iron not being an earthly substance. The split seas. How the baby is created in the womb (referring to holy books and guides) .

To start off, I need evidence that God holds knowledge and evidence of his existence before that.

Second, having two throats would appear weird to us. But what if we had two throats to begin with? In that scenario, we wouldn't think of it weird as all, it would appear natural to us. There also is the possibility of another system for food and breathing altogether (whatever that may be). I think that if he did design us, we would have a better system without a choking hazard. Yes, the design of the human body is great, but that doesn't imply a creator/designer. We must find evidence that he designed it. I agree with you, I can't be sure if he exists or not.

Now about the bible. I never heard the verse that references split seas nor the verse that explains how the baby is formed in the womb. If you could elaborate on that, that would be good. I think the bible could have been written by man. It has verses that contradict human nature, which is opposite of what should we expect if we were created by god. For example, lust is considered a sin. Why? It is human nature to lust towards someone we take an interest in, it's basically impossible to avoid. We all are guilty of it, so why is it a sin? Why were we designed to have this lust if it's sinful?

The bible could very well have been written to control people, or a variety of other reasons (I'm not making any claims, just elaborating on my doubts and the options).

Hmmm. The throat is considered perfect to me. Honestly. It's wonderful. So maybe it's your opinion that the design isn't perfect ;) .
You have no proof god doesn't exist besides the fact that you cannot see him, correct?
What do you get out of not believing, no hope? What happens after you die.
The holy book refers to the afterlife as well as what I've mentioned above as well in which I will indeed elaborate further down the line.
The holy book to bring up a new argument also speaks about astronomy. Bringing this point up because this is what I have read on and learned about lately.
The bible has been edited extremely by man. This is a fact. There at many branches in which people pick and chose what and which verses to believe in. That's why they separated it. How can you pick and choose. If the right religion were Christianity then tell me exactly which branch is the original 😏.
When I refer to the holy book I am speaking about the Quran. And research as you like but the Quran has not been changed since it were revealed to prophet Muhammad centuries ago... not one verse he changed. Every book you open from overseas. From Japan to Australia to the United States, and Mexico, each book is precisely the same (in Arabic). let me include the verses I have spoken of that were revealed a crap of a long time ago lol. You may skim the rest if you are not a reader.

""He is the one who has set free the two kinds of water, one sweet and palatable, and the other salty and bitter. And He has made between them a barrier and a forbidding partition. ""
(Quran, 25:53)

-"the human eye cannot see the partition of the seas, it appears as one" only recently has science been able to tell you that they don't transgress by measurements and special equipment.

Now the human creation is mentioned here on this webpage . It contains the verse and explanation. It is somewhat long so it is up to you to read it.

Not very important to be honest, just the evidence.

Next verse: ""We sent ~~ our apostles with Clear Signs and sent down with them the Book and the Balance (of Right and Wrong) that men may stand forth in justice;
and We sent down // Iron \\ in which is (material for) mighty war as well as many benefits for mankind""
-Noble Quran 57:25
Scientifically speaking:
""The element Iron is among the many diverse things that the Quran speaks about. Many of you would be surprised to know that Iron doesn"t originally belong to the solar system."" #Facts

Here is an explanation scientifically if you are interested: ""because the temperature of the Sun is simply not enough to form even a single atom of Iron. It requires stars having temperatures of the order of hundreds of millions of Kelvin to create Iron. The sun"s surface temperature is just around 6000 degree Kelvin while the temperature at its core is less than 15 million degrees.""
These were revealed so long ago.

Want to talk spiritually? Why is it that we have souls if we were just developed naturally according to science? Would an insect have a soul or are we just advanced? Advanced from a good designer huh ;)
How is astral projection possible?
- short story. It is interesting. Although I haven't read the bible. Someone who had expierenced astral projection states that when his or her soul left their body they saw a white cord attatched to them and connected to their body. Apparently the Bible says the body is connects to the soul by some sort of cord? Haven't read the Bible. So this short story right here is not 100% fact. That being said ofcourse We would not know if this was an honest person. After doing research myself on the topic I had read that the cord that attatched out soul to our body savers when a pass? As well as the fact that it attatches us so nothing else can lets say posses our body? Who knows. Just some online information right. Haha . Well back to my point now.

We are on top. Because if you believe in science and the evolution of monkeys (Darwin's) then why is it that monkeys or apes are not more advanced then us, if that was our origin?
I believe in what God has stated in the Quran and his holy books which is also still in the bible and Torah if I'm not mistaken. (Creation of Adam and eve.)
So, after all these centuries these huge stories live on because they are true miracles. Miracles in which god put two humans on this earth and gave us free will, and expected us to choose right from wrong.
Corruption of course happens after all these years so right from wrong had faded into not of a gray. Those who seek knowledge and take a step back have a better outlook.
Now. There is only one God, because there is pretty much noone like him. He is above of all, most merciful, most forgiving. God doesn't sleep nor does a leaf falls without him knowing.
Common sense tells you that 2 gods would just argue. There is one kind and one queen not 2. Even so God is so much more holy. How can there be 2. God whom created man, the universe.
~The Quran speaks about the big bang.
Jesus is not God's son, because a god doesn't die. Simple. Very simple.
(Isa or Jesus is a prophet in Islam who revealed Christianity which was indeed the correct religion at that time, after the Torah which was the correct religion at THAT time. Yet Muhammad came afterwards, with the next revelation. In which some followed and others didn't.) As time progresses so do doubts. In this case, corruption and science as well as technology. In the end. The revelations of Muhammad were the last. Human life was still simple at this time. This being said the only proof we have centuries later, are miracles, and the holy book. :)
(Allah (swt) is a nother word for God btw.) I believe you may have already known this, it has become generalized.

First off, my apologies, I incorrectly assumed you were talking about the bible. My fault. But yes, perfect is a subjective term I guess lol.

I don't have any evidence at all that he doesn't exist (I refrain from using the word proof as proof only exists in mathematics. ) I simply don't believe in him because is existence is unsupported, no evidence that he exists. I will believe when I get evidence.

I don't get anything out of it. No hope you say? I can have hope for the future and whatever I hope for without a God.

What happens after I die? Well I have no idea. We can't know until we die.

Now, about the science in the quran. At first it seems like a convincing argument for it's accuracy, until you see that it has scientific errors as well.

For example, this verse. "Till, when he reached the setting-place of the sun, he found it setting in a muddy spring, and found a people thereabout. We said: O Dhu'l-Qarneyn! Either punish or show them kindness. .... Till, when he reached the rising-place of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We had appointed no shelter therefrom." (Qur'an 18:86-90).

The sun doesn't set in a muddy spring. Actually, on a sphere earth, the sun doesn't set or rise in a specific spot, so this verse doesn't make sense. I'm sure there are other examples, but this is all I need to get my point across. If the quran was written (or inspired, I'm not sure what Muslims say about that part ) by God, then there surely wouldn't be errors like that. It's a huge red flag to me.

Now, onto your evolution argument. In evolution, species change over generations because of reproduction, DNA mutations, among others. This eventually leads to speciation. Evolution isn't my strong point, so this isn't very specific, sorry. But why aren't monkeys as smart as us? Because they weren't evolved to be that way. After years and years of evolution, the first forms of what we would consider human was finally here, and they evolved with pattern recognition. Life doesn't have to start off smart in order for future species to be smart.

I don't believe in the Adam and eve story because there is no evidence for that story yet.

You said again that you believe that there is only one god, the one that you believe in, but his existence has not been verified yet. That hypothesis is also un-falsifiable, so he can't be verified objectively. That makes finding evidence for him an impossible task.

You say you dont believe in God because there is no evidence to show he is real. Seems to me like an opinion. A 50/50 opinion, no evidence that he for not exist however, prophecies and a holy book as evidence that he is. (Plural) only God and the supernatural he has created can see the unseen. We don't have ability like that unless god places miracles onto people.
Its not eyes that are blind. But the hearts. God will lead special people onto the straight path.
The past evidence makes since, it is real scientific evidence.
As far as the sun setting in a muddy spring. Read the whole book or the verses that relate to the specific verse. Even the ones before and after and maybe it will make more since to you. It may be an analogy and such.
I do like the argument however, shows a little education towards the religion.
As far as evolution of Adam and Eve go. It's in the Bible, Torah, And Quran. the first humans on earth. The ones we developed from. Do you have proof of apes or monkeys transforming into humans? Or is that just a wild scientific thought. Not everything revolves around science. Especially if there is a god everything cant just be pinpointed.
People have had many miracles in life.
If we came from monkeys then why aren't apes transforming before our eyes ? We don't have that much of a connection just because certain species look the same don't mean they came from each other. I assume scientists need to close their minds and little.
There is one god because no one is like . like doesn't sleep and he is the most great.
Again, no proof he doesn't exist, but holy things that he does. It may be hard but it's called faith. And the more you believe the more of a diffrence you feel.

We have evidence that we evolved, yes. We have transitional fossils for all kinds of species. We have knowledge of the existence of neanderthals. They are a Supspecies of human. We also have the "lucy" fossil. Let's take this further. The fact that every life on earth shares some DNA screams evolution. If we were designed by God, then I don't think he would design us in a way that would point science towards evolution.

Monkeys don't transform before our eyes because evolution is a very gradual change. You will never notice it in your lifetime, on large animals at least. Even when monkeys speciate, there will still be monkeys. And to clarify, we didn't come from monkeys, we just share a common ancestor with them. Scientists have more reasons to believe we share that ancestor than us looking alike. We can look at DNA and compare. This is actually quite fainting, every species on earth shares DNA, all related to another. Just a quick note, I suggest that you read up on evolution more (this is in no way an insult, just a suggestion, to help prevent future mistakes).

Everything revolves around science. Even if some things are hard to explain, we just keep trying, not jump to the supernatural conclusion. This is was ancient humans did. They used supernatural explanations for tragic natural disasters such as bad storms, and completely missed the fact that there was natural explanations for why those events happened. Of course, there was not a way for them to figure out the natural explanation yet, but if they kept their way of thinking, we wouldn't of advanced as a society.

I do not like faith, as we can't know if it stears us in the right direction or not. The more you believe, the more difference you feel, this is correct. Some beliefs make us feel good inside. Even if we did have a supernatural like experience, we couldn't be sure if it was our brains fooling us. Believing something really hard doesn't confirm it.
Posted by kwagga_la 5 months ago
@LifeLightI - You mention that the Quran has scientific revelations, but what about all the scientific mistakes it contains?

Creation in 2 or 6 days?
Quran 10: 3 Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in Six Days
Quran 41: 9 Is it that ye deny Him who created the earth in Two Days

Where does the Sun set?
Quran 18: 86 Till, when he (the traveller Zul-qarnain) reached the setting-place of the Sun, he found it going down into a muddy spring"

Does the Sun and Moon have an orbit?
Quran 21: 33 It is He who created The Night and Day, And the Sun and Moon; each of them Swim (float) along in its own course.
Quran 36: 40 It is not for Sun to overtake the moon, nor doth the night outstrip the day. They float each in an orbit.

A Blood clot cannot grow into a man?
Quran 96: 2 Created man, out of a mere clot of congealed blood

Does this even sound Scientific?
Quran 37: 6-8 We have indeed decorated the lower heaven (sky) with beauty (in) the stars, (for beauty) and for guard against all obstinate rebellious Satans. So they should not strain their ears in the direction of the Exalted Assembly but be cast away from every side.

Some of your scientific evidence also does not make sense. The embryo is said in the Quran to look like something that was chewed. The picture of the stage this refers to actually shows something that might resemble teeth marks. So here is the problem, something chewed will not be able to show signs of teeth marks. Something bitten will have signs of teeth marks. The analogy is faulty.
Posted by Wylted 5 months ago
What do you want your opponent to presuppose? Asking to ensure you get the debate you want.
Vote Placed by dtien400 4 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct is tied as both were civil. Both had spelling and grammar mistakes. Pro was the only one to use a source and while she should have used more, she still had more than Con. Con wins arguments however because Pro did not fulfill her burden of proof; she did not prove the existence of God, much less of one god/God. Any argument Pro brought up to provide evidence for God was refuted by Con, especially the argument about the merits of intelligent design regarding that the human body may not be perfect. Many of Pro's arguments were unsourced and others were extremely illogical; many of her quotes from the Quran (or some other holy book that were meant to prove God provided scientific evidence before scientists did) seem to be taken out of context and were illogical in the extreme. Pro made baseless claims, while Con stated there was no valid evidence for God, citing insecurity about the veracity of the Bible considering it was written by men - Pro couldn't refute that.