Uniwersal
chipmonk

The Existence of Thousands of Religions is Proof of There Being no God

chipmonk

Uniwersal

Pro

The title is self explanatory.

I am looking forward to this debate/discussion.
chipmonk

Con

I accept. Proof is a bold statement. How does one define Proof and how does one even define knowledge?
There may be an impasse regarding basic epistemology lessons, yet I graciously accept this debate, "knowing" full well, and "believing with conviction." that not only is there no "proof" for there being no God. there definitely is proof for a God, and all religions point to there being one.

This does not mean all religions must be exactly right about every minute detail. But it DOES mean the existence of all the religions have a central theme. That is God. And that alone is proof for God's existence. Not against it.
Uniwersal

Pro

I apologize but I have to drop this debate, I'm way too busy for this as of right now.

Although if you'd like to discuss this topic later over Skype or any other way then I'd be more than happy to.
And again I apologize for leaving this topic dry as of right now.
chipmonk

Con

No worries. These hobbies and opinions are always less important than actually living life!
Uniwersal

Pro

Uniwersal forfeited this round.
chipmonk

Con

Why do silly little humans think they can comprehend God. Just believe, and everything would be revealed to you.
Posted by WhineyMagiciann5 10 months ago
WhineyMagiciann5
Even though i believe this has no necessary bearing on the existence of god, i would like to see how this goes. If you do discuss this in some other way then if you could possibly link it or something. It would be appreciated!
Posted by chipmonk 10 months ago
chipmonk
@uni. No disrespect intended. But the Truth cannot and need not be denied. Parse my words , thank you very much.
Posted by Uniwersal 10 months ago
Uniwersal
@chipmonk. I do ask of you to please be respectful of your opponent whether you agree with them or not.
Posted by Uniwersal 10 months ago
Uniwersal
Ow man, I did not expect stir up any sort of commontion. I posted it to have a fun converstation about the topic (nothing serious hence why only 3 rounds) where we give our points of view about said given subject. That's also why I said debate/discussion. I do have arguments as to why I believe it to be the case though I admit that using the word 'proof' was a really bad choice as it is not something that can or should be used in a simple discussion.

My school day is just starting so I'll be posting the argument when I'm done with everyday stuff.
Posted by chipmonk 10 months ago
chipmonk
@true. I hope he posts his argument. I dont think he will. He will hurt his brain squeezing the irrationality out of it.
WhineyMagiciann5
I'm not saying he is right by anymeans. The existence of all the religions tells me something else. I'm just saying to at least let hims prove his points. After that you cand do whatever you want chipmonk.
Posted by chipmonk 10 months ago
chipmonk
@whiney. Its nit a defensible position.
WhineyMagiciann5
@Verita he hasn't even been able to present his argument yet you are attacking his position. you should at least wait for his first round before you get on his case.
Posted by Verita 10 months ago
Verita
The fact that there exists multiple religious faiths is NOT proof that there is no God. You are making an inference (a weak one at that) not submitting evidence which is the meaning of the word "proof." Your inference is "If there are many beliefs that exist about a particular subject, then that subject necessarily does not exist." Not only is this argument not logically valid (under any known rules of induction) but there are countless counter examples.
There are many beliefs about aliens existing, therefore aliens necessarily must not exist.
There are many beliefs about the meaning of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, therefore the album Dark Side of the Moon necessarily does not exist.
Do I even need to belabor this rebuttal with any more counter examples?

Good luck with this resolution
WhineyMagiciann5
this is going to be directed at chipmonk's last statement. " But it DOES mean the existence of all the religions have a central theme. That is God. And that alone is proof for God's existence. Not against it."
there are also religions that are polytheistic or don't have a god. also even though it can help your case, doesn't carry it alone. as it could also show that humans desire an explanation for the unknown. like how the greek gods controlled processes of nature, as they didn't have an explanation.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 10 months ago
dsjpk5
UniwersalchipmonkTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro conceded in round two.